You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Pactolus Ghost Light AKA The Stokes Light

Real Ghost Stories

Pactolus Ghost Light AKA The Stokes Light

 

I have been going to Pactolus my entire life outside Greenville, NC. I recently caught what I believe to be a ghost light aka orb on video for 30 seconds at around 100 yards away. Catching this Ghost Light on video has changed my life. It makes me want to research every ghost light I have ever heard of. Watch the video at the bottom for yourself and you be the judge...

The story of the light goes like this: The story begins sometime in the early 1900's. A young man rode his horse from Greenville to Pactolus. Pactolus is a small community east of Greenville. At this time, there was a train station in existence in the Pactolus community. The purpose of this trip was to surprise the young man's fiancee by meeting her train. Unfortunately, the train was extremely late this particular evening and the young man was soon alone in the dark. Of course, he really was not alone. His horse was very impressive and caught the attention of three men who were walking along the train tracks. They decided that this was a perfect opportunity to catch a ride rather than walk to their destination. The three men hid in the brush surrounding the train station and as the young man rode by, he was ambushed and killed. The three men hid his body in the thickness of the woods. However, the horse was frightened away and returned to Greenville two days later. The family feared the worse after the horse returned without his rider. They searched the train station and the surrounding area only to find nothing.

The young man's ghost is seen walking beside the train tracks. The form he takes is a single light floating beside the tracks. Sometimes the light floats at waist level (as if he is walking beside his horse) and other times the light floats above the head, as if he is riding his horse). The young man uses the light to let his fiancee know that he was there to meet her.

The tracks have long been removed and all that remains now is a path. The land is now privately owned. Those who go to the area are promptly chased away. This proves the point to always get permission first and limit your party time to private places.

If you think you have seen it all; think again! We are not alone on in the tar heel state...

I have caught this ghost light on film over 15 with a Sony DVX 2100 Mini DV Recorder. High Quality Footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkzoI4241Y

Sincerely,

Stuart

Hauntednc.com

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stuart Edwards, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

YureiGuy101 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
good stuff! Chelsea beat munich today yesterday yaaaaay!
gas0514 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
Stuart, went back down there a few years ago and a big embankment had been constructed on the path. Don't know if it's still there. Won't go by myself and everyone else I know is chicken.
gas0514 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
Thank you so so much for posting the video. No one believes that I saw this light. It was summer of 1999. I was in a car with someone on that path. The light started as a few flickers about waist high just to the right of the path, right in front of the tree line. It grew brighter and brighter and actually chased us as we reversed the car all the way back to the road. It was so big and bright and so damn close. I will never forget that experience.
Noah_Lindgren (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
I have seen this light! I was a complete skeptic about all supernatural things until the night I saw the light. We drove further down the old tracks and after about 20 minutes of the light getting closer, we had the light swoosh across the trail. I could make out a lantern and glass globe about 60 feet in front of us. I was in tears of disbelief that night as my friends and I drove back to ECU. I have goosebumps and tear up even now when I recollect the event.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Hellos. Sorry but I have to disprove this video. It can be a firefly like some have already stated and it also could be a lamp being pulled around. Love the music though;D
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
Props dude

lol sounds like you had some refer when you were filming this lol

sweet video
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-08)
Dude you sounded so stoned. =]
Are you sure it wasn't just a firefly you zoomed on.? Lol but no realy, grats on your film, nice music XD great back story, sooo romantic <3
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
Dear Stuart,

Thank you for the historic back story, information and video. Welcome to the paranormal and to the membership of the paranormal experiencer. It looks like you taped an orb. Now, with this experience under your belt, I am sure your next video will be more of a narrative than an expletive four letter scarative.

Just a note to ghost hunters, please remember to get permission from property owners before you start exploring and hunting.

Nice story & flick. Looking forward to your next ghostly experience. Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: