You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Moved Out With Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Moved Out With Me?

 

I have never shared this story with anyone before, but now I feel I should. Growing up I lived in a brand new development with many other houses. The typical four bedroom three bath house. My parents built their house in the summer of 1988. Before this development was built the entire area was farmland in Manlius NY outside of Syracuse. Where our house stood was where the farm family who owned the land let their cows graze. The neighborhood is high up on a hill.

All my life I have been able to predict things that are about to happen and I have seen and heard things. In the summer of 1994 I was three. I can recall sitting in my room playing at my kitchen set. I felt a sharp tap on my shoulder. It almost felt old and boney. I turned around and did not see anyone. My mom also felt a boney tap as she got ready for work one day. Anyways, as I went back to playing I noticed my play fork was missing. Ironically, this fork was found four years later on the opposite side of the room under a desk when my room was being repainted.

My parent's always used to say they saw a strange presence that would run past my room and my sisters. It would then vanish into the wall. My father saw it late at night and my mom saw it early in the morning, different years two separate occasions. My sister never saw anything. It had a gray bluish figure. With a white mist that would leave after he vanished. It looked small almost like a child or preteen. He had almost 1800's era Bermuda shorts on.

When I was ten I recall laying in my bed reading and seeing something look in my room and run down the hall into the wall. I felt all cold but I shrugged it off and kept reading. I then heard faint whispering. The one voice said "Sarah get Sarah, ha-ha now do it." Something then whispered "she won't" or it was "she can't"... Then it faded. I saw two shadows in our hallway almost pacing. This was by the wall the boy ran into after my family would see him. I then heard faint almost evil laughing. I felt such a negative energy I ran downstairs. Now I do not know anyone in my family or my parents know of anyone with the name Sarah. We have no relatives with the name Sarah.

My parents decided in 2005 to sell the house. I was fourteen. We moved because they wanted to down size not because of anything paranormal. As we were discussing packing up one day my father made a joke that he wondered if our ghost boy would join us. That night my CD player and speakers that were on the opposite dresser in my room were on the floor by my bed. It looked literally like someone tried to chuck it at me. This CD player had been plugged into the wall and was placed not the edge of the dresser. Also right before we moved I felt like something was sitting on me one night. When I woke myself up I was cold. I just shook it off as a dream, now I'm not so sure it was.

Could this have been the spirit's way of saying his dislike for us moving? Who could this child possibly have been? Also, if my sister never encountered or saw anything her entire time in this house, Why did it only talk to me? Past this development about ten miles down the road is a cemetery. We went there once to see if there were child graves and we did not find any or the names of Sarah. Anyways the reason why I am asking about this is we moved to another new development ten minutes down the road and sometimes at night I'll hear that faint whisper voice saying something like "hello I'm still here." It happened last night and I'm getting concerned. Should I do something about this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Abster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Abster (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
According to town records we found the clarks owned the farm until the 70's. In 1976 the developer bought the cow field. And the sturick family owned the graveyard 10 miles down the road. No accidents or anything was ever recorded. An elderly woman from this area once told me in 2001 that the farmer always hired preteens and children to watch the cows but stopped in the 30's once he built his fence and sold his land to the sturicks who own the graveyard to this day. The developer still owns the neighborhood. The clarks left manlius and no one has a record of where or why. Who knows? Maybe that hill and land was a favorite time in the ghosts life? Perhaps he was mad at the farmer for firing him.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Hello Abster,

First off I love your story thankyou for sharing.

I think that maybe this spirit was attached to the land yout house was built on, maybe when your parents built your house it disturbed the ground where this lad had an unmarked grave of somesort.
Have you looked into the history of that farm land?
Maybe you could find out some info on any deaths that might have happened see if there were any accidents?

Just a thought! 😉

xXelliemayXx ❤
Abster (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
The development was a cow pasture from 1890 until like 1976 when the town bought it. The presence looked like a child or preteen according to my parents. I only saw shadows and heard voices... I'm not sure if someone was murdered... It could have been a farm accident victim. I just found out the underground railroad went through there
Shizukan66 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
My guess is that the spirit was probably murdered in that same house many years ago, probably a lonely person. Maybe you should try to be nice to him/her. You should consult some phychic person.

Hope it helped you.
JustinEckert (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
it seems like the spirit is interested in you and only wants to get to know you I would start treating it like a family member maybe try buying some toys for it and leaving them around for it to play with, but whatever you decide to do, do not use a ouijii board they only lead to disaster. Be careful and cautious. I hope I helped you.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Do you still feel his presence? Just wondering.

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1 ❤
Poppett91 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
Abster

Hi, I found this really interesting. It seemed like that figure/spirit/ghost was playing games with you, like he was spying on you. Or maybe hes attracted to you in some way, he could have been a lost relation. He could be protecting you from danger, maybe in the future something will happen and then you will get the truth. I hope he brings happiness to your life, I wish you luck.

Poppett91 I hope you post more. ❤
Abster (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Thanks for all the feedback! I just wish I knew why it communicated more with me. I forgot to mention our smoke alarm went off twice in two years always the same time. It also happened once here in the new house...it's weird. It seems like a nice prankster one day. The next time can feel so negative
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Well, I think that this Spirit/Entity is attached to You?, or maybe its because you are more open to it as lynrith said. Spirits tend to attach themselves to people that can sense them. Don't be freaked, be strong and it will be alright.
In regards to the "I'm still here", did it sound sad or did it sound evil or even happy?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Well, I guess someone followed you. Sounds like spirits appeared to you, not your sister, 'cause you're a little more open to it. Be concerned?...maybe wait and see what happens. Cautiously. If it gets worse, then might be the time to do something. Prayer, firmly tell them, or it, to leave you be, or maybe seriously discuss with the folks. Remember, it can't hurt you less you let it. Easier said than done, but it is true. Good luck.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
It may be something that you own that he is attached too. The house doesn't have to be haunted it could be as simple as a piece of furniture
HelpfulCollegeGuy (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
From what I have read and learnt about, it could be a demon, they tend not to haunt houses more people, I would strongly consider NOT talking to it as it could antagonize it, however it may be good, may not, I have heard many stories of people thinking their spirit is good and then it being evil, I would strongly consider buying a cross and I am not religious by the way, but many people consider a cross as protection and some how it apparently helps, just a few suggestions.
Alex
GhostStoriesAreInteresting (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
I think that you really should try talking with it it might be a good ghost who nows? Maybe he feels alone and he wonts to be with someone and not feel alone. I have had some strange dreams but no encounters. It was about my sister and I almost freaked out so much. I have always wonted to have a encounter with a nice ghost to be friends with because I do have 1 older brother and 1 younger sister but they never play with me they say I am a wimp, I just won't someone I don't care if its a ghost as long as its nice and understands me. My bff says she can see things I can't like if I'm at her house she will see something behind me like a ghost but at my house nothing ever happens no encounters just dreams of scary things, Its really weird how I have dreams but no encounters it kind of freaks me out 😕.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
hi abster interesting story, I liked it.
Have to agree with other comments on here it does sound like this spirit has picked you to try to contact this could be why your sister has never seen anything.
And a spirit can move with people there are other storys on here that say the same thing but it always seems to be the spirits that are nice ones that will follow a person or family.
Agree with you where you say you think he was not happy you were moving, now he has moved with you I would personaly try to talk to him like deli176 says give him chance to answer your questions and you could get some real interesting answers.
Please keep this updated if you can thanks for sharing 😊
Carl
Del176 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
wow that's a good story... If this ghost boy is talking to you maybe you should try asking questions like who are you? Why are you here? Is there something I can help you with? If you can get more information from your talking ghost boy try it... If it's really bothering you then see if you can get some paranormal help maybe a psychic... Although they are sometimes a bit iffy becareful who you talk to. Also, this may sound crazy to you but maybe you have a bit of clairodientcy-where you can hear spirits... Try and exercise that... Focus your hearing see what you can pick up. Hope that helps God bless
TheDifficultKind78 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Maybe it isn't the house that was haunted. Perhaps this spirit has attached itself to you. If the spirit continues to make its presence known and you feel threatened by it perhaps you should seek some help from a paranormal investigation team. If you're religious you could try seeking help from a church as well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: