You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Has Moved In

Real Ghost Stories

Something Has Moved In

 

It has been about a year since my last post. After I turned over my cemetery grounds keeping job, activity stopped. However, something has arrived uninvited in my house and I'm trying to figure if it came through a tv show or if my string of bad luck attracted it here.

I'll begin my story 2 months ago in July. On July 14, I went out to buy some boiled crabs and was gone for only 15 minutes. I came home to find my house robbed. Most of my guns, and all of my grandfather's old guns, were luckily in the safe. To make matters worse, it was 4 days before my wedding.

While traumatic, my wife's extended family owns IPSC, so we got a quick hookup (this will come back later in the story). That Saturday, we got married and I went into anaphylactic shock during the reception since my wonderful mother in law decided to put imitation crab dip on my plate and then take it off without telling me. I'm deathly allergic to fish.

Needless to say, my wedding night was very uneventful in the bedroom. Popping Benadryl like tic tacks makes certain appendages go numb... This set the tone for the honeymoon.

We left on our honey moon the next day and got rear ended when a woman plowed into the back of my truck at a red light on the way to the beach. The wife was upset, so no hanky panky that night. When we get to the beach, we hit the water only to find us swarmed in jelly fish and f****** camo stingrays. Needless to say, they were the only things breeding that day.

On the way home we learn that my wife is getting sued by the people that rear ended her a month earlier. Luckily, it all worked out.

My stress continued to mount once I started back to work. I work in a facility that is highly stressful and has all the "wonderful" people and things that a jail does, except that we have no security personnel. Watch an episode of COPS and JAIL. It's the same except they get tasers, pepper spray, and handcuffs, we don't. I try following policy by leaving my problems at the gate, but it will sometimes stick with you. This causes trouble at home.

By the way, I learned a month ago that I've contracted type II diabetes with bad gout and some kidney damage. That's broken me financially and emotionally.

So, after this long intro, I'm wondering if something came through a tv show or if I'm creating a poltergeist. It all started last weekend. I was watching, "The Dead Files" and started having the feeling I'll get when a spirit is around. I brushed it off and it would go and come in waves. I could feel the hair stand up all over my body, but ignored it.

Later that night I got up to pee and saw a black mass in the hallway. I wasn't asleep or sleeping before I saw it. It had a human head and I could briefly notice arms. It had a yellow glow around the black mass. It was peering down the hall at me from inside of my bedroom. It was leaned out the doorway like someone keeping his body behind cover while peeking out in the open. It only lasted a second or two, then disappeared. Since I had to walk through that to go pee, I decided to pee outside.

The next day I decided it may have been my blood pressure causing me to see spots when I stood up. (I found out I had diabetes because I had a gout attack. My bp was 230/115, so I've been dealing with that too) Then the noises started.

The first noises were faint. Later, they became more prominent banging or brushing/scraping noises. This only happens when I'm alone and not when the wife is around.

Yesterday it really made itself known. I was going to the bathroom and heard some stuff get knocked down to the floor in the kitchen. I thought I had another break-in. I grabbed my 1911, I keep it close at all times, and went for blood. The alarm was still armed on STAY mode, no one came in, yet my knives got knocked off the kitchen counter.

The motion detectors won't alarm on STAY mode, but they still will trip. I checked them and the registered movement in the hallway, then the living room, then the knives got knocked over.

At the time this occurred, I was thinking about some problems I needed to end at work that made a bad Friday into a very rough day at work.

I'm trying to find out if this is something that came or if it is a poltergeist that is just beginning to manifest. I hope it ain't the second because I'm near a breaking point.

I do not speak to my wife about any of this. I keep the stress from work away from her so that I don't bring it home. She doesn't need to know about the worst of human emotions and actions and ones with dangerous mental conditions that go un medicated that I see and deal with every day. She also wouldn't understand if I tell her about what's happening at the house, so I'm in a dill of a pickle.

As I went to submit this, knocks just came from in the closet 2 feet away from me.

Other hauntings by CountingCoups

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CountingCoups, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-17)
CC:

Glad to know your situation has improved! My dad has sleep apnea, too. Apparently, he occasionally wakes up in a panic, gasping for breath like a half-drowned man, instead of someone who has had a restful nap. Knowing that an analogous experience is possible every time you become tired must induce stress! Let us know if the breathing machine helps.

Best,
-Biblio.
CountingCoups (5 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
Thanks for all of the help. Things have gotten much better lately. Yes, we have money problems and stress, but I'm dealing with my problems. My health is turning around. After finding out the day after my birthday that I had diabetes with sugar averaging in the 400s, I've dropped over 60 pounds and now have an average of 113. The strange things have moved from the physical realm and I haven't noticed anything for a few weeks.
I'm still having crazy dreams that revolve around, I'll call it, "bad" situations at work. I can't discuss what really happens due to professional conduct, but I've quit being decent and started targeting problems up front and physically. It's technically not a prison, but it is more of a last stop or first step back program.
I also had a sleep study done and it looks like I have apnea, so the few minutes I go into dream mode are all stress dreams. Hopefully, when I get that breathing machine, it'll change.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Greetings, CC.

It feels good to clear the air with an honest outpouring of emotion; arguments can do that, certainly, but I'd like to second Tweed's point about seeking a therapist. If stress is interfering with the physical aspects of your marital relationship, I'd recommend that the two of you go to a family counsellor *together.* Eventually, you'll BOTH learn to communicate about feelings, stresses, etc., without needing to have a fight to air out everything you've been keeping from each other (with the best of intentions). Seeking out a therapist will feel stressful, but you can look online for one with positive patient reviews. If you don't want people at work to know, pay by check or credit card, and DON'T bill your insurance; if people find out anyway, you're seeing the therapist with your wife, so a statement like "resolving tensions" or "getting over a rough patch" will deflect intrusive people by calmly presenting it as a solution to a past problem, not juicy gossip.

I'm recommending this course of action because one of two things has happened to you: 1) physical weakness combined with high stress has caused a negative entity to attach itself to you, or 2) you are indeed manifesting a poltergeist through repressed stress and anger.

I, too, am a fan of "Dead Files" on Saturday nights; I really enjoy Steve DiSchavi's no-B.S. Demeanor! I don't believe that it is possible for a supernatural entity to use the t.v. To enter your home; if it were, I'd need to burn sage in front of the t.v. And on my laptop!

Do whatever you need to do in order to reduce your stress level; please consider a family psychologist as an individual who can give clear, focused advice to both of you without taking sides.

Good luck,
-Biblio.
Jaycie058 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-05)
Hi there
Im really sorry for everthing that had happen to you and your family, the best solution if you feel that this spirits is harming you and your family make sure you never let this entity get a hold of you, cleanse the entire house, use a holy cross and images of God to let those spirits keep in one room (not roaming), always pray and have faith in God because he is the most powerful above all. If you see or experience unearthly things make sure you fight back, don't let them consume you because they are fed in fears. Just pray and thinks about your family, and God. Stay safe always.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-01)
Miracles
I have answered nosidaM's question in the comment section of her story papa.
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
CC - thank you 😊 I learned something I didn't know, which is why I asked.
CountingCoups (5 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
I'm just going to sit here and wait for someone to pull a Donald Trump and insult people;).
So far, things slow down or randomly speed up. My stress levels are going down (the wife and I finally had a fight and got everything in the open).
I have hundreds of people that would wish I'll against me due to my job.
Shellfish do not affect my allergies. They have a completely different set of proteins than fish. When you have a food allergy you are allergic to the protein.
From what I saw pop up twice more last week in different areas, I think I'm dealing with something intelligent that I may have attracted. This seems to happen to me in the Spring and Fall.
I saw a dark shadow manifest last week at work and it flew across the hallway below the ceiling and disappear into the wall. I also saw a light orb appear to come out of a person and then fly up. I'm going to get my eyes checked since I have diabetes, but I have a feeling that's not it. Last night I had the feeling of being watched and then heard stuff shuffling behind me, yet nothing was moving. Not long before, my heart got into this weird rhythm and felt like something was squeezing it and making it stop beating. I shouted out, "Stop it! Leave me alone!" Then the feeling and noises started behind me a few seconds later. It could just be the meds, but if this continues, I'll be giving y'all more story updates for sure.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
nosidaM - we do try to keep the comments section for the o/p's story. Can you move your question to one of your stories, that way you will be able to get better advice and/or help and the comments for this story can stay on track?

I don't in any way mean this to sound b*tchy. I just don't know how else to put it 😊
nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
-4
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Rook,

I am a grown woman and know right from wrong, hence the apologies to the writer, and I did not ask for your opinion on my manners. I did say that I have googled this and came up with nothing. How are 2 old stories that are written on here years ago going to give me any answers? Mind you they don't even make any sense! Do people even look at the comments anymore? In regards to the email, I was not picking one particular person to talk to, I am trying to talk to all who come across this post in the hopes that someone may have an answer as I don't think anyone on YGS is the "go to" person when it comes to these things...

I hope there is no bad blood between us. I am very sincere when I say I am sorry and I'm not after anyone's "limelight". Maybe the site needs a forum?

Regards,

NosidaM
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
NosdiaM,

Many of us established posters have our e-mail addies on our profiles OR you could have searched the site for an experience like yours and posted your question there... The older the experience the better.

Butting in on a newly posted experience with a completely unrelated question is rude... Even if you 'excused yourself' for doing so.

Please e-mail me OR perhaps try the second option I mentioned...

Respectfully?,

Rook
nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
This is totally irrelevant to this writers story and I do apologise in advance but I am experiencing a few things since I have bought my first "Dreamcatcher". My question is for ANYONE who can give me a possible explanation. I bought a dreamcatcher 3 days ago from the markets. It's a handmade triangle style made with two small twigs (it's beautiful). I have hung it in the doorframe of mine and my husband's room. The last 2 nights I have not been able to sleep, tossing and turning and getting quite bad stomach cramps and sweaty... I've tried to google whether or not they can be bad luck or what not and have really come up with zilch. Can anyone shed any light on this please?
I did not feel the need to put this as a story as I would just like answers quick so I can get a good night's sleep. Of course I know there could be many logical reasons for me not sleeping but I've never had a worry until 2 nights ago.

Again I apologise if this was selfish of me, I just did not know where else I could ask... ❤
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
I am a strong believer in that like energies attract. I have witnessed countless times and experienced myself what a negative attitude can do. Like begets like. I can strongly urge you to get counciling for your stress which will inevitably improve your health and your relationship with your wife. Cleansing your self and your house is also a good idea. Regardless of where this negativity has come from you need to take affirmative action (s) preferably with your beloved by your side. I feel you will have a positive outcome soon.

Blessings 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Let's make it easy...

"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "

This CAN help reduce some of the negative energy in your home BUT (BIG BUT) a STRESS POLTERGIUEST is not 'negative' per say. A stress poltergiuest is mearly a psychokentic outburst due to high stress levels. The resason it does not appen when you wife is around is despite everything you are more relaxed around her (at least I hope so) and that is a GOOD THING.

So...its time I suggested something I do not normally suggest... Is there anyone you know who would 'wish you ill'? Enough to cast a spell of invoke a curse? Look back at EVERYTHING you have told us... Then look further back... Any possible triggers for ANYONE to reaact to...

Thanks for sharing. I hope we can help.

Respectfully,

Rook
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Hi Counting Coups,

I am so sorry to hear all the misfortunes that had happened to you lately; although I couldn't help but smile hearing all your wedding/honey moon misfortunes, (sorry) 😊 but I do feel bad that your health has deteriorated, really try your best to follow a healthy diet, quit all processed food and you will see a big improvement, 😁
Wish you well,

Chapulin
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Hi CountingCoups,

Firstly thanks for your service in the force. I have a couple friends who work and have worked as police officers. I know, through them, you guys deal with some absolute hard crap that most of society doesn't even realise or think about. One of those friends lost a marriage, he blames it mostly on the job.

This is only my personal belief here, I feel keeping stuff from your spouse is never a good idea. I can understand shielding her from the most horrific things you've experienced. But don't shield her from what it *does* to you. It'll only create stress. I can feel your stress coming through the page, in your words.

I feel this is a poltergeist, like a manifested energy acting out erratically. If this is the case, the good and bad news is it will depend on you, how you deal with stress. I know that's not what you'll want to hear. But think about this; poltergeist activity is most comment in puberty and young adults.
Please please PLEASE don't take the following as a harsh personal attack, this is meant as 'constructive criticism' ONLY. Think of how you told these experiences for a minute. It opens with an emphasis on not 'getting any', undertones of 'the wife doesn't understand', more references to low levels of 'action in the sack'. Then health complications and some very serious ones I might add. This *is* the kind of *attitude* of most teenagers.
I feel you've been under so much STRESS for so long now that you've just about reversed back into puberty, mentally speaking, as a means of coping, and darn gone brought forth a poltergeist. I do NOT mean to diminish your experiences and emotions. I'm trying to encourage you to seek emotional support, if not from your wife, from a friend. Also I would, and I know it's not 'fashionable' or 'manly', urge you to see a professional counselor/therapist about your stress levels (this will help your blood pressure trust me!)

In the meantime here is a cleansing/shielding method you could try. It will ease the tension in your home somewhat. BUT this will only help. If it's a poltergeist the only way to truly get it gone for good starts with you, know you don't want to hear it, but some 'touchy feely' counselor input would go a long way to put this behind you FOREVER!

(Oh crap the link thing's not working I forgot, well that interrupted my flow LOL! Search for 'Rookdygin', go to his profile for the cleansing/shielding method.)

Wish you all the best! Honestly I do and I did NOT mean to offend you, sorry if it seemed that way. Call it tough love.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
CountingCoups - I have a question, simply because I don't know and am confused. Why would you go buy boiled crabs if you are deathly allergic to fish? 😕 To me, uneducated in fish allergies as I am, it would be like my son sticking his hand in a bees nest. And he's allergic to bee stings; carries an EpiPen everywhere he goes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: