You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Prison Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Prison Ghosts

 

In 2009 I was living in Texas at the time. I was working out at the prison, on day shift. It happened to be on lock down at the time, meaning no out of cell movement for the offenders. I was working with my partner, having a conversation with him, to keep us awake, because if you didn't you would fall asleep; it was that boring.

I was talking to him when I stopped in midsection. What I saw did not frighten me but surprised me as I usually did not see any or much activity in the ghost area, in the prison. I worked there almost 2 years and this was the first sighting out of two that I had at this prison.

I saw a white man walk up to the last cell, dressed in offender clothes, look over at me and then walked through the prison door. I got up to check on it, thinking no way. All I saw was an offender sleeping on his bed, he was Hispanic.

I walked back to the table where my partner was sitting. He asked me what as wrong. At first I refused to tell him because the last thing I wanted was for him or offenders overhearing it and being ridiculed. Finally he came out and said that he believes in ghosts, that he's seen them before, and then started telling me stories of the other prison he worked at.

Keep in mind most ghosts are seen most active at night or when there is not much activities going on. I finally had the courage to tell him.

Other hauntings by mamachong

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mamachong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
I like pulling up random stories on this site because I almost always come across cool, short-and-sweet ones like this. Promptly checking out your other stories to see if you've added the other mentioned above. Thanks for the story! 😁
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Mabie I should have worded my last sentence a little better. I did not mean to imply that they are more active at night only, just that you can see, feel or hear them at night more often than the day, because you, the living human, is less active at night so they are more easily seen or heard at night because you are less active, so you might be prone to notice them more. Humans are generally more active during the day. You go to work, do housework, interact with other people on a much larger scale than in the evening. In the evening after dinner you generally try to relax for bed and to get ready for the following day. This is my theory anyway.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Well I'm not sure if this was a ghost or demon. I have had experiences with demons. Their cruel, mean, spiteful, hateful and they, (demons) only care about getting your soul to hell. My other story, reptilian incibus, I believe was a demon. Demons are great deceivers. They will do anything and everything to deceive you.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I would have to disagree about spirits being most active at night aswell, no offense.
But I guess in a situation like yours you are most likely to see them at that time.

What did your friend say by the way?

Thanks for posting

xXelliemayXx ❤
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
My other story isn't real exciting. Rather boring actually. I was working with the same co worker, on the same pod, (cell block), and I saw a black shadow, looked like a blob with a head and stomach, in the corner. It was near the end of the day and we were leaving. That's pretty much the story, on that one. It wasn't menacing, friendly, or other wise. It was just there moving for approx 30 seconds and left.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I only had the two experiences unfortunately while I was working there. My belief is that I didn't see the activities because there is a lot of things you do during the day, your pre occupied, if your not on lock down that is. I wasn't scared just suprised. What I find really interesting is that he looked right over at the table at me and glared. I forgot to mention in my story that he glared. But I am curious as to why he looked at me and glared. I do agree that the prisons are more prone to sightings because quite a lot of offenders are suicidal, or a few offenders get killed there, and over really stupid things too. Well there is quite a few deaths for various reasons in prison.
90thst (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Ummm...I think I would have to disagree about demons being most active at night, not to be disrespectful.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Oh man, you have to know that a prison is a breeding ground for spirit activity. Restless souls abound, I imagine anyway, so it only makes sense you'd see them there.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
great story! Please keep us posted is you see anything else!

Thanks for sharing 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
that would be freeky hope your planning to add your other story here too

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: