You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Unexpected Run In 2

Real Ghost Stories

Unexpected Run In 2

 

So today is a perfect day to submit another story. It is one of the two or three holidays that the building is closed and no one around to bug me. I waited until both of my patrols were done before submitting. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for a better ghost story from tonight on my end, but I only have one to share, but I also kind of wanted to submit this for my findings. It is related to my most recent story.

But before tonight this is about a week ago:

So, shortly after my last story submitted, I got to work with my boss on a lonely Saturday afternoon. We have three guards on from five pm to one am. The first guard did her patrol. Part of our patrol is through the kitchen area. She claims that through her patrol the padlock to the walk in freezer was in fact secured and locked. I was second on patrol. I found the padlock unlocked, and at the very end of the handle. No big deal, I assumed that the kitchen manager had been in at some point and forgot to lock it. Wrong assumption! Ever hear that saying Assume means making a a? Out of you and me. Well my boss went on a patrol after me, he confirms the lock being unsecured. But asks me how my patrol went. Odd question, but my patrol was ok. He says he heard pots and pans clanging, like being used. Asked me if I ever heard that. I said I have, but not that night. I have heard what sounds like dishes being washed. No employees in kitchen while we are patrolling. So back to the lock... To answer a question... We have key cards we use. It comes up on our computer with the face on it. We can track who comes and goes. No kitchen workers came in this day. None whatsoever. Lock was unlocked but by who? Not us. We're security, we lock everything. So me and my boss got on the subject of ghosts, brought up by him, not me. He has had other run ins, similar to my last story submitted, slightly different. My boss told me all the guards have had experiences at one time or another.

Ok so tonight I was coming out of the mechanical room and smell perfume. That's it, no big stories for a quiet empty building. I don't wear perfume. I can't even tell you the name of the perfume, that's how often I wear it. I know disappointing.

So I tried looking up the history, no such luck. It is rumored to be built on Indian burial grounds, but hey that's just rumor, can't put much stock into that. The only thing I can say for sure is there was over ten murders, all buried and found close to here. You can look it up at http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php=4601.0, like I said, close to here but not where we sit.

Other hauntings by mamachong

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mamachong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-22)
mamachong, It could be just spirits passing through. Have you tried looking into the history of the building, and surrounding land? You know just to try and figure out if the rumor is true, about the ancient burial ground. Also, it really does sound like some residual hauntings, and intellegent as well. Interesting and awesome.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-20)
Thanks for all the comments everyone. As for the male I encountered, (agatiated run in 1) I have to say he was probably just passing thru.

As for the murders, I think it is more possible. The unfortunately I can not find anywhere that they list specific sites where the girls were buried. But if you look up west mesa murders on wikipedia it gives you a better idea. I'm located near route 66. From what the articles describe, its literaly the backyard, it's just a really huge backyard.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
mamachong: You certainly do have interesting little experiences, don't you? All the little things that add up to a big haunted picture.

As to the rumors of your work being built on a burial ground - well, they say: where there is smoke, there is fire... Well not always, but who knows. The murders seem a more likely bet, IMO, for the hauntings.

The perfume, IMO again, wouldn't be residual, unless you always smelled it at one particular spot, or only at a certain time.

Thank you for sharing mamachong. I am glad to see that these experiences don't scare you, and you take it in your stride. 😉
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
charlac- you are probably not crazy... Do share when you are ready please. 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
mamachong- thank you for the story. I believe you got something there... Good luck and be safe!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Mamachong, interesting account. This is the type that makes you sit back and go 'hmmm' but in a good pondering way. Some things could be residual - the sound of dishes being washed, but other's, from what I've gathered from what you've provided us aren't. Plus you know it isn't just you experiencing these things. So we know it isn't imagination at play.
Thanks for sharing this, and I look forwards to hearing more.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
CharlaC, I hope you'll share some of your experiences too! I know I'm not the only one who'd love to hear about them. 😁
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Reading your stories makes me feel I am not crazy myself. I'm a cop in the Air Force and I have odd experiences in old buildings on base. Some of my battle buddies tell me about experiences they've had as well. Nice to know other cops/security guards experience similar events. Thanks for sharing.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
mamachong nice story. I have noticed you ahve a lot of experienceand I realy hope I find the time to read your stories. Your asecurity guard patroling a haunted building sometimes by yourself? Your boss has to give you a raise! 😆.Are you ever scared?
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
That's creepy. Sometimes it's the small things that are the most telling.

I've been reading about the mesa murders. How close is the burial site to you? Could any of the victims have been taken from near you? I know one of Ted Bundy's victims is believed to haunt the place she was taken from. I also remember a story (from one of Leslie Rule's books?) about a Jane Doe who haunted a random building near where her body was dumped.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
mamachong - not to disagree with Wishful's comment (seriously, Wishful, I'm not 😊) but I don't think that the smell of perfume is always residual. If it was, I think you'd smell it more often on your rounds. I enjoyed the story, thank you for sharing it with us.

And btw, I like this kind. They're like a lot of mine 😆 Just small things that happen that you want to share with others 😊
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
I'm not too sure of the age of the building, around 10 to 15 years I'm guessing a round ball figure. It was originally supposex to be a store but when the economy hit hard, the store filed bankruptsy. So the building is not really that old at all.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Mamachong, No worries, this was not boring! Very interesting that all of the guards have had experiences! Do you know the age of the building? Perfume and locks being messed with sound like a residual haunting..."people" just going through the motions like they always did in life... But I did read your account of your Unexpected, Agitated Run-In, and that definitely seems intelligent - he reacted to you bumping into him, and tried to give you a piece of his mind! Thank you for sharing these... Our run-ins with the paranormal don't have to be super-dramatic, (and probably most of the time aren't!) to still be intriguing. 😁 Best Wishes to you,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: