You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unexpected, Agitated Run In

Real Ghost Stories

Unexpected, Agitated Run In

 

This happened about a week after my mom had died. She died June 25th of this year 2013. So this would be around the beginning week of July as I had taken 3 paid bereavement days and 2 unpaid days, which were my normal days off. I'm just trying to give you a time frame.

So, it's my first day back to work after my mom died. I was not expecting this as my mind was on the grief of my mom. No thought whatsoever pertaining to sightings or ghost stories. Part of the building I guard is now closed off to employees, the company moved the employees to the other side of the building to renovate the side that is now closed.

So I was patrolling this side of the building, the side being renovated, when out of nowhere I collided with someone. You know when someone rushes past you in a rush or in a hurry, and you and them collide side and arms together? That is what happened. I definitely felt the rush of air, the bumping of arms against each other, definitely solid contact there could not be mistaken, but there was no one in the physical body, but definitely physical contact!

So I swung around to see this person, quite surprised and most definitely intrigued. I have seen apparitions, but never felt one. He tried to manifest his appearance to me, but couldn't quite do so. I guess he didn't have enough strength to do so. What I did get to see though, was a man about 5 feet 6 inches or so, fat in the stomach, old blue jeans with suspenders, white t-shirt, baseball cap. He wasn't too clear or solid in his appearance. He was middle aged, 40 or 45. He appeared in a cloud of smoke. Anyone remember the kid from Charlie Brown, the one who always had a cloud of dust around him? That is how he appeared.

He gave me the impression he was agitated that I bumped into him, angry too, which is why he tried to manifest his appearance, even though he was the one in a rush. He tried so he could tell me a thing or two about bumping into him.

I was surprised and intrigued, but not scared.

Other hauntings by mamachong

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mamachong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-22)
mamachong, I just got around to reading this first part of your run in. I hope you are doing well, since your moms passing. Wow! How awesome it is, for you to literally run into a spirit, and him try to scare you, or confront you for doing so. What I would give for that to happen to me. Very unique experience love this one!
DanellaChevelle (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope everything is well with you now.
That was an interesting ghost you got there! Being angry over you bumping into him like you've seen him or something.
I find him funny
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
I have been away for a while, and just read this story tonight... I am so sorry to hear about your mother passing away. My thoughts are with you in healing from that grief.

This is quite an interesting experience in that it was so unexpected! No "I had this weird creepy feeling" or anything like that - just, BAM! Collision! And then the image of him... From your description, perhaps he was a homeless man who met an unfortunate end, somewhere on the property? Good on you for not getting scared out of your wits! 😆 thank you for sharing! Best wishes to you,
Benny_Lundon (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
mamachong, Sorry to hear of your loss.
I wonder if it was a previous employee that passed on?
That would surely be something to look into. Perhaps a spirit that's just in a rush as he passed through? As an aside, I know us guards do on occasion come across many strange occurrences.

Regards; Benny.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
So sorry for your loss. What a rude ghost. You suppose he's trying to be funny, or make some point? Everyone on this site has methods of fibbing while getting information, isn't that comical.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Elf, encouraging fibbing? Tsk, Tsk. LOVE IT! 😆 Good way to safe guard the rep.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Just be sneaky and fib a bit. Say you have a friend whose kid is doing a school paper on local ghost stories and ask if anyone knows any. If you say it's your friend's kid, you can avoid any specific questions (what class? Who's his teacher? Etc.) ;) If someone asks, just say you don't know.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Sorry, I meant pigpin...50505050500505050050505050505
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Ahhh...thank you. Playpin, I couldn't think of his name at the time I wrote this story. Yes this is a very unusual occurance. I think that is why I wasn't scared and turned around surprised, it was so unexpected.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Very sorry to hear of your loss, mamachong. I, as valkricry, have never heard of a "collision" story and can't imagine what I would have done. Very interesting. As for the Charlie Brown character, his name is Pig Pen (one of my favorites).

Thanks very much for sharing this with us.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Elfstone810-I haven't heard any of the employees comment on it, but I have wondered if there was a ghost there. I would hear tapping on the windows when no one was around, and fleeting shadows. Ones that you wern't sure about, because you would see them from the corner of your eyes but would be gone when you look. I can't ask the employees because they would think I was nuts and probably fire me lol.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Interesting! Are there any stories associated with that area that might give you a clue to his identity?

As others have said, so sorry for your loss.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
mamachong,
First, I am sorry for your loss.
I don't think I've ever heard a 'collision' story quite like this before. But it makes sense. If spirits can push, scratch, etc. Us, why not collide?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-16)
I'm sorry for your loss.

That's a very interesting encounter, go figure what's the reason for his hurry. I would had run faster than him but in the opposite direction! 😆

Thanks for sharing.
Nerd_Girl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-16)
That's somewhat interesting, especially since it doesn't fit into the "norm" for hauntings. Just like he's alive and got in your way. I'd be surprised too, but also confused.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: