You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lip Syncing Face On The Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Lip Syncing Face On The Wall

 

First off I would like to thank you for reading my story, this one is my first so hopefully I won't do too bad. I'm 14 now but this story takes place when I was about 6 years old.

One night, I was going to bed and it was in the winter. My mom told me to come and sleep in her room with her that night because it was cold in my room (my house is about 50 years old, so not a very good heating system).

Anyway, we started going to sleep when I felt like someone was all of a sudden in the room with me and my mom. I started looking around the room to see if anyone was there; no one.

After that, I asked my mom if she could keep a lamp on since I was a bit scared. She turned on a small lamp that was on my side of the bed.

I went to sleep soundly after that. But only to be woken up later (there was no clock on my side of the bed so I don't know what time it was) by the same presence I had felt earlier.

I looked up to see the door that led to the living room (it was a wooden door) and saw a face there. Honestly, the best way to describe it (it may seem a bit odd) is it looked like the deep voice statue that wanting bubblegum from "Night at the Museum". It just was there, looking at me in the center of the door with a straight face. It looked to be as if it was carved into the door there, the face was made of wood. When all of a sudden, the face started moving!

The face was lip syncing words that I could not understand. In other words, he was not projecting any sound, just moving his lips. I just lay in the bed, watching it move its lips at me. Then I tried to read his lips, and he just kept on saying, "I will kill you, you are going to die, your family is going to die..." etc etc. It just came to the point that I did the same thing the face was doing, and lip synced the word, "NO!" He then stopped in mid sentence with a shocked face and swirled into the door, leaving the door the way it was before I went to bed.

I then turned to my mom and whispered, "Mommy, mommy, wake up!" She woke up and I started telling her what happened. She then gave me a hug and said, "Don't worry, it was only a dream." Then I looked up to her and said, "No mommy, it wasn't a dream."

That's where my memory ended. And no this was not a nightmare, because my mother even remembers me waking her up and saying that. Anyway, thanks for reading my stories!

Other hauntings by UnderTheFear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, UnderTheFear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

UnderTheFear (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
That's exactly what I saw, those kinds of faces! Thanks for posting this link:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I think what you're talking about are the Easter Island statues. They're called "Moai".

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moai

I don't know if you saw them before as a child, but if you did, that's likely why this entity appeared as one. I always thought they were a little spooky.
hinata565 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
wow that's an awesome story its amazing
I❤it
I hope things are getting better at your house
midnight1105 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
Hey, that is extremely interesting because when I was about the same age, I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and then I saw this massive swirl on the side of the wall as if something was forming there. I thought I did see a face but I screamed so loud that the swirl disappeared and I fell back onto the side of the bath. Judging on what I've learnt from other people, sometimes ghosts can apparently try to mock you, tease you or scare you just to wake you up to the reality that they are real. When you openly rejected this weird entity, I think you deffs showed it that you are not afraid and that it was nothing more but a mere being. Good job on doing so and standing up to it! 😊
lulu1409 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Well, personally, I would have stared there with a confused face wondering why it wasn't making any sound. I wouldn't have thought to read the lips. I was a stupid kid. 😜
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
UnderTheFear,
I have to agree, you are courageous, and you reacted in exactly the right way too. Good for you, and caution is not fear, it's caution. Would that more were as cautious as yourself and we wouldn't find them cowering in fear either.
😊
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Kids do have wild imaginations. You were very young, 6 you said. You were scared sleeping with your mom to the point you requested she keep the lamp on. I would say it was your mind playing tricks on you.

Thanks for sharing your story nonetheless.

Surya
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
UnderTheFear: Great story mate I am glad you told it "no" it seems as though it was not expecting a reaction like that from you, that is a good thing. I know exactly what face you are describing I remember watching that movie must have been quite frightning, as BadJuuJuu mentioned staying strong in a situation like that is very important do not let these entities get to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
shabam247 (1 stories) (13 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I fell you dude! I feel like that all the time in my house and it creeps me the hell out!

Anyway hope its not bothering you to a point where you can't take it.

Best of luck to ya!
-shabam247
ineedanwsers (1 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
i too have seen faces in my house and it creeps me out where do you live.
UnderTheFear (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Thanks everyone for commenting! Never thought I would get this many comments in a couple of days. Answering some questions...

Q - has anything like this happened again since? By shabam247

A - Very small things, nothing too noticable. For example, where I am typing right now, my computer is in the living room and the room in this story is in the living room. The computer is at the end of my very big living room, and everytime I'm home alone, I ALWAYS look behind me every so often because I can ALWAYS feel a presence behind me. But since I'm a bit courageous, not too be self centered, I just let whatever it is be. Whenever I turn around to do my routine check I always face to the kitchen table which is connected with my living room through two pushover doors. I feel like something is just there, watching if I loose myself and become scared of it. Whenever I tell anyone of my friends about it, they always say, Dude, your scared of nothing, and I always correct them saying, I'm not scared I'm cautious. Being scared is bawling your eyes out of something, being cautious is being careful for yourself. I feel safe in my own room which is not in the living room, even though its always pitch dark in there. Honestly, whatever that was there at the time of the story I think is still here. Hopefully that clears up anything! Sorry for the long comment, thanks again!

-UnderTheFear
sonjatx (1 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I am pretty sure this was a demonic spirit. Children and teenagers seem most often attacked by demons. Do you still feel like someone is there at times? I doubt it was a dream because just by you posting this years later says it means something to you. Or perhaps you are still having that feeling of it being there? I hope you do not. Thank you for sharing,

Sonja
shabam247 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Wow! Your a really brave kid especially at that young. If that was me in your position I would probably cry so loud my neighbors would hear it! Nice story though and has anything like this happened again since?
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Well, you gave 'it' a shock, it didn't expect you to say anything maybe. Shows you will stand up for yourself. Hopefully you never saw it again.
JakeMS (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Some strange things occur on this planet, unexplainable things. Thanks for sharing the story.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Very good story, went to my favorites.
I like that you told the face "no." By it's reaction, you may have been the first person to tell it that. Claiming your space and standing your ground is one of the most important things to do in a situation like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: