You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Did I Just See

Real Ghost Stories

What Did I Just See

 

I always thought ghosts were real, but this was what actually got me to believe in them. A few years back, when I was little, I was trying to sleep in my own bed for once. At the time, I was really scared of the dark. For some reason, whenever I was about to fall asleep when I slept by myself, I would feel like some thing was watching me closely. It freaked me out.

Anyway, that night, I was sleeping peacefully until I just suddenly woke up for no reason. It was around two am, and was VERY dark. I knew my mom would get angry if I woke her up at that time, so I tried to fall back asleep on my own. The shadows kept scaring me, so I finally just put my blanket over my head, blocking out all shadows, and left a small opening to breathe from. Suddenly, a nasty looking face comes up to the opening, scaring the hell out of me. The face was purple and wrinkly, no eyes, and had fangs. It looked absolutely terrifying. It opened its mouth at me, as if it was going to bite me or scream at me, then closed its mouth. I quickly threw off the blanket covering me to see what was causing such a horrible image. Nothing was there. I remember panic and fear, but I have no idea what I did after this happened. In fact, I didn't even remember the day after this happened.

All I know is, it wasn't a dream, because I actually move in my sleep, whatever I'm doing in the dream, I imitate. A movement like throwing off a blanket would have woken me up.

Other hauntings by Sea_Wolfe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sea_Wolfe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Sea_Wolfe,
This experience does sound horrifying! I'm not going to say it was your imagination, to date I can think of no time that my imagination brought forth something like this outside the dream state. And I'm not going to say you were dreaming either. I believe that you saw what you say you did, it's just too often that children hear those other explanations and makes them afraid to report any others that occur afterward.
Just remember that when you have children of your own, if you don't already, and maybe you will save someone else from experiencing the kind of feeling you get when your own parent makes you feel like you've purposefully told a lie.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Sea_Wolfe: don't always assume that these things are paranormal "straight off the back". Make sure you look at all logical explanations first. Maybe you were dreaming, and you were already quite scared of the dark, so it might of been your brain overreacting.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
It could be just your imagination, since you say you were seeing shadows in the room and were already scared. This has happened to me many times, where I'm alone and feeling nervous and will then see strange creatures (usually they look like bugs or spiders) coming at my face when I'm trying to fall asleep. I know they're in my imagination, but they're still scary. Maybe try sleeping with a night light, although it doesn't help me much. Pulling the covers over my head doesn't help either because, like Orpheus, I can't resist peeking, and that's when I see things.
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Ha, put your blanket over your head and made a little breathing hole... That's what I always did. I was always scared of the dark as a child and what you described about the face was something I was always so scared of happening so I always faced the wall so I couldn't see any darkness in the room.

Dont rule out that you were dreaming. Sometimes dreams can seem so real that it can't possibly be a dream in your mind. My mother has experienced this, She was lying in bed with my dad while he was a sleep with my back to my mother, everything seemed normal, pleasant, quiet, my mum was relaxed and facing my dad. He started to move to turn over to fact the other way, as soon has his face turned to face my mother, his face was just 2 glowing red or white eyes (can't remember which one) and it terrified her. She said it seemed so real at the time. I was a kid when she told me that story and at the time I wished she hadn't told me!

Soooo! This could be what happened to you. The mind is a strange thing and can play lots of tricks on you, especially when you're already scared.

Just my tuppence worth! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: