You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footsteps & Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps & Voices

 

On the day that this encounter happened, I was home with only my grandfather, just to clarify.

I woke up and began to stretch. Because it was a weekend, I was in no hurry to wake up. However, after I finished stretching, I heard a male voice say "Hey". The voice sounded like a young adult's voice, around 16 or 17. I froze, because the voice sounded like it came from right next to me. I contemplated briefly where the sound could have come from. The voice had no accent, so it couldn't be any of my neighbors, who all either don't speak English, or have an accent. I had no brothers. My uncle, dad, and grandfather didn't sound like that, and are too old anyway.

I walked out of the room. I was really scared, but I was determined to pretend ghosts didn't exist (my mom said I was starting to sound insane after I told her a few of my experiences). Then, as I walked, I heard footsteps right behind me. It sounded like the person had sandals on or something and was dragging his feet. I had been planning on eating breakfast, but I ran back to my room and fell asleep. Yeah, that's my attempt to pretend nothing happened.

I woke up again later, and again heard "Hey". I walked out, but those same footsteps followed. Rather than go back to sleep and have it happen again, I turned on the TV to try to make myself feel like I'm not alone on the first floor of my home. It didn't happen again, but I still remember.

Other hauntings by Sea_Wolfe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sea_Wolfe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
I think you were dreaming, since the talking only occured around the time you were asleep. I dream voices that I think are real all the time. I'm used to it, but maybe you aren't. As for the footsteps...paranoia? I just don't think you have anything to worry about if this is an isolated incident. I would need more evidence if it were me, just to make sure I wasn't imagining things.
Sea_Wolfe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-03)
I'm only 13, and people around my age believe me, the oldest being 19. I'm not scared of him, just surprised. And there's no way this is residual, there are other experiences
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Sea_Wolfe - just outta curiosity, how old are you? Sometimes it's easier to give advice to fit if we know how old the person is. If you were my age, which is almost 46 LOL, my advice would be a little different than if you were 13.

My little boy, who is 9 1/2, experienced this "hey" situation too. Our ghosts were trying to get his attention. It honestly freaked him out the first several times it happened. Each time he would tell me "Mom, our ghost talked to me." They would either say "hey" or call his name. I've been very upfront and honest with him about this because it's been part of his life ever since he can remember, and he can remember back to 3 years old.

Is there no one you can talk to, family/friends, who will believe you? I know it's hard to initiate the conversation. Saying "hey, I heard a ghost last night" sometimes gets reactions you don't want. Been there. Still am actually 😆.

It seems to me, if you aren't leaving anything out of your story, that this guy is just wanting you to acknowledge that he's there and that you know it. I know this might not be exactly what you want to do, but next time, just say "hi." That might be the end of it. He doesn't appear to be trying to scare you. Sometimes we do enough of that ourselves by thinking "OMG there's a ghost talking to me."

It could just be that this guy's been around for a long time and you're the first one to realize he's there. Imagine how you'd feel if you've been hanging around and no one knows you're there and then all of a sudden there's someone who senses you? You'd want to do anything you can to get their attention.

Pretending he's not there isn't going to make him go away or take away the gift you have of being able to sense him. All that's going to do is make you more paranoid. Your mind might convince you that you are seeing or hearing him all the time, even when it's not him. So, hang in there, and try a "hi" or just a wave even if you ever hear him again.
Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
I think that the voice saying Hey and the footsteps are all residual energy. That means it could just be stuck that way. It's like soemthing on a tape recorder it will just keep happening until it goes away. The hey could of been a hello or maybe he was calling to another spirit. Anyway let us know if anything happens.
Best wishes
Snowy23
PS. Don't be scared by what's going on. He seems friendly.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Sea_Wolfe: I wouldn't worry about most Spirits. In my experiences, Spirits like to talk/communicate with those that could/can sense them. I mean, it must be pretty lonely for them (Spirits). So, I feel that this Spirit is alright and probably just trying to communicate with you.
And in regards to your mum thinking you're insane, that can happen a lot with sensitives.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Meh only respond if you feel comfortable to. Making contact might provoke things to happen more and if your trying to ignore it making contact doesn't sound like like logical thing to do, altho saying that it doesn't sound like a bad entity or anything so I personally don't think you have anything to worry about:) ❤
anyone_there (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Hmm. I don't know much about spirits and stuff since I'm only 14 and I have never actually experienced anything paranormal but it sounds like this guy was trying to talk to you and I think that the second time he said "hey" you should have had just suck it up and said "hi" back to him and seen what reaction you got. I get that you're scared and all and I wouldn't know how it felt like since I've never had any paranormal activity around me but I think think that next time you should try to be brave and reply just in case this spirit gets angry with you pretending you can't hear it or that no-one can hear him (I know I would deffinately be p*ssed off). Anyway good luck if it ever happens again 😁 and do you still live in the same house that this happened in?
Byee 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: