You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: And The Haunting Starts Again

Real Ghost Stories

And The Haunting Starts Again

 

It's been a while since anything "ghostly" happened. I was starting to think that what ever spirit was in my house stopped bothering me. Of course, with my luck, that's not the case.

I was sitting in the living room late at night with the lights off, just petting my dog. While I was petting my dog, she looked up suddenly and stared at the door to the staircase nearby. I started hearing heavy footsteps walk up the stairs, as well as someone tapping on the wall as they came up. Now here's the thing; my grandparents are the only ones who live downstairs. My grandfather goes to sleep at eight and doesn't wake up until six in the morning, and he always tries to go up the stairs as slowly and silently as possible. My grandma's in a wheel chair, so she can't go up any stairs. I didn't bother waiting around to see what it was, I just ran to my room and went to sleep, hoping it was a dream.

During the night, I couldn't sleep well, and I kept hearing footsteps pacing around the hallway outside my door. Then, at some point I felt like someone stepped into my room, and heard the floorboards creak. When I looked up, there was nothing there.

In the morning, I went to mass with my family. When I came home, I went to visit my grandmother who lived upstairs on the second part of our house, since our house is divided up into two apartments. As soon as I got there, she gripped my arms tightly and asked me why I was crying in the morning. Confused, I asked her when she heard me crying. She said she heard me crying an hour ago; when everyone who lived downstairs was still at mass. My grandmother continued to tell me that when she went downstairs and knocked on the door, the crying stopped suddenly.

I just want to know what I should do about this. Should I help this spirit or leave it alone? I've heard that interacting with ghosts was dangerous, but I want to know if there's a solution or if I could help this guy move on to the next life. It's just unsettling to have this in my house.

Other hauntings by Sea_Wolfe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sea_Wolfe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
I don't think it would be dangerous to tell whatever this is very firmly that you don't appreciate being scared in your own home and that your bedroom is definitely off limits. As for helping it to move on, I don't know about that. Perhaps one of the more experience posters such as Rook or LouSlips could offer some suggestions. Meanwhile, what you describe doesn't sound menacing. Perhaps just trying to get some attention or maybe even residual energy.
Sea_Wolfe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Zeta Nah, I live with my family. By ghostly, I mean there was weird stuff going on that I couldn't really explain. I hadn't seen anything happen like that in a while.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Something about this story has me somewhat guarded. Okay, the grandma issues has been cleared up but just wondering about the comment "been awhile since anything ghostly happened". I guess I will go back and read your other stories. It states that you are a teen... Do you live alone in the apartment?

Zeta.
Sea_Wolfe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
newhunter30 yeah, sorry I didn't clear that up. My grandma on my dad's side lives upstairs, while my grandma on my mom's side lived downstairs.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Ok I'm confused here, at one point you stated "my grandparents are the only ones who live downstairs... My grandma's in a wheel chair, so she can't go up any stairs" you then proceed to say "When I came home, I went to visit my grandmother who lived upstairs" are these two different grandmothers?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: