You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Tv Turned On

Real Ghost Stories

The Tv Turned On

 

If you haven't read my stories, Man in the Bedroom, The 3 Events, or The Highchair, please do. This experience will make more sense.

So, nothing happened in my house for a little after the high chair moved. About a week later, something did stir up.

I'm home schooled. My sister is also home schooled, and we do our work in our bonus room. (playroom) My mom does a South Carolina history class to make some extra money. Some girls come on Mondays to learn this class. Anyway, my mom was getting ready to teach this class one day, when a friendly spirit helped her.

She was going to hook her laptop up to the T.V. With a HDMI cable. She had to turn the television on first, of course. She was walking across the room to get her laptop when she thought to herself, "Ok, I'm going to get my laptop, then turn on the T.V." Just as she had the thought, the television turned on all by itself. One of the girls in the class who was in the room at the time said, "Oh look the T.V. Is on!" I remember staring at it and looking blankly at the race car zooming across the screen. I hadn't seen my mom turn it on.

My mom hurriedly said, "Oh! I just turned it on sweetie." She hadn't though. I excused myself to the bathroom. I wasn't really in there to do my business. I swung the door open to out restroom and I said to the air, "Thank you for being kind, but you have to go. You better be happy that only one girl noticed the T.V. In that room because they are all strong Christians and don't believe in these kinds of things." I left it at that and went back to our playroom to learn about South Carolina's history.

I am happy to report that nothing has happened since this experience. Something is bound to happen soon though, and when it does, I will be happy to post the story. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youdontknowme88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Thank you Storm! Ask all you want to. I have been experiencing the paranormal ever since the 3rd grade. You can e-mail me your questions at aiafaith1 [at] hotmail.com 😊
Storm (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I love reading your stories, they are so interesting! I have so many things to ask you about your gift because I have experienced some strange things before.
How long have you been experiencing this sort of thing? Just wondering

.Storm.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
I guess... I mean they would have totally freaked out if they actually noticed. At least something didn't move right before their eyes. I don't know how I would have explained that to them. Thanks anyway. 😊 😆 😊
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
You had said in your story that you went to the bathroom to tell the spirit to leave, that the girls are Christian & don't believe in this sort of thing. That's judging them, no? Anyway bless you 😊

LSD
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Thank you princessLotus. I consider myself a Christian too. One question, why do you say for me not to be too quick to judge? 😊
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I'm a Christian, a minister & I believe in these kinds of things. Lol! Don't be too quick to judge, sweety. I like your stories. Bless you & yours.

LSD
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Haha, thanks zzsgranny!

Everyone on this site is so nice, gosh I just wish you all were my friends in real life! (Well, I mean you are:D)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
aia: I'm so sorry, I don't know how I missed this!...Way to put that ghostie on alert!...The way you didn't get rattled, and spoke to them firmly and politely: that's what we preach!...Nice to see someone listening...It's funny though, that some of us forget some stuff when we're faced with a similar situation *guilty!* 😆...

Way to go!... ❤
aiafaith1 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Javelina you're going to make me cry! You're so sweet! I really don't know how I do it. I mean, when something is in my house, I just deal with it. When something isn't, I often think to myself, "Aia, how do you even cope with this kind of stuff? You used to be terrified of the paranormal!" Whenever you comment on my stories, you make me feel like I can do anything Javelina! Thank you so much! I will have more stories coming soon!:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
aiafaith1,
You know you're my hero, don't you? I only wish I had the presence of mind that you possess when I was your age. Heck, even now! The fact that you excused yourself at that moment to, in essence, 'cut them off at the pass' was brilliant! Kudos kiddo! (couldn't help myself, sorry)
You are getting to be a master at thinking on your feet, and that puts you miles ahead of the rest.
So, what's your secret? I mean, beyond the wonderful upbringing and loving family. What is it, I wonder, that makes you so able to handle the situations that arise with such professionalism? You have a very cool touch you know, and each encounter you relate to us shows a patience and love far beyond your years.
(You have to know I'm smiling as I write this)
Keep up the good work, I'm sure this won't be the last we hear from you. Because you're just that good.
😊 ❤ 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Haha Fire_fairy. It's a lot to ask for. Sometimes I wish I didn't have this gift. I think it is a curse at some times but... I just live with it.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Nice one... Its nice that they arent hurting and the best part is they are helping you too... Thats great... I wish I had a gift to see people like this,, hehe 😜
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Sorry I have been slow to reply, here we go!

[at] dreamergal72: Aww thanks.:)

[at] DARKNESS: Thanks! Yeah, I don't mind speaking to them. I treat them as I would if they were alive.

[at] Miracles51031: Yep, I agree! Haha, like I said to DARKNESS, I treat them as I would if they were alive.

[at] Twlightgirl90: Hey, that's awesome! I always think it is so cool when I see other people on this website that live in SC. I live in the Piedmont Region in a small town near Charlotte.

[at]taz980: Haha. Thanks.:)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
sweet story (and playing a broken record) totaly agree with the other comments being nice to them will make them know how you feel and will respect your wishes,
Carl
TwilightGirl90 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
I live in South Carolina, too. What part do you live in, and great story by the way! 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
aiafaith - the helpful ghosts are the ones I like the best and it sure seems like you and your family are blessed with them too.

I like the fact that you were patient and polite with them. I try to remind my kids to say thank you for the acts of kindness with our ghosts. Being polite certainly doesn't hurt anything, does it?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
aiafaith1: I love the way you have put your story simple and effective great work! And I like the way you spoke out aloud to your visitor I do believe they have acknowleded your kind intentions. Well done!

Thanks for sharing

Dan
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Sound like sweet Spirit and thank you for the story it would have go to my favorite! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: