You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Tables Have Turned

Real Ghost Stories

The Tables Have Turned

 

I really need to get this out and for someone to hear me out. There has never been a moment when I have personally felt threatened or afraid in this home. Over the years I have become numb to all of the normal day to day occurrences with the few that stick out.

After I submitted my last story, I began packing for my trip to Missouri to stay with my mom and her boyfriend for awhile. I don't remember if I mentioned this in my first story or not as it was posted several years ago. My mom, when she was a teenager, played with a Ouija board along with some of her friends. There's a long story behind it but I don't remember every distinct detail. What I have heard since there is a lot of controversy around the subject is that if you are to use a Ouija board, at the end of the session there is a specific way you close it off. Like you thank the spirit (s) for their time and such, then you move the planchette to 'Good Bye' and that's it. Whether or not that's true or not isn't up to me to decide since I have never been near one. Why I mention that is because supposedly my mom and her friends were not very serious about the session as are most young people who don't know what they're doing and are looking for a few laughs or such. They asked improper questions and such not relating to anything which in my belief would anger a spirit much like you or me. Also with that, they just kind of quit cold turkey. They didn't do anything to close the session off.

Well, my mom tells me that led to a more malicious spirit entering the home which later she had experiences with that I do believe I stated. If not, she told me that some odd years later when she was with my step dad (I was around 5-7 I believe) she woke up in the middle of the night to a loss of breath and pressure on her throat almost like you would feel if you were being choked. She said all she could remember is a dark shadow, darker than the room hovering over her with dark glowing eyes. She also shared with me that the same thing happened to my step father some time later and she woke up to witness it. They had both seen the same dark shadow with dark glowing eyes hovering over him. She recalled that you could see where the pressure was on their throat because the next morning there would be bruising around it. With that being said, I think I finally had my run in with this entity.

As I mentioned before, I was packing for my trip to Missouri that was in a couple of weeks, mid September. I had been kept awake some nights long past midnight and into the morning with cleaning and such as I'm a huge gamer so I had to manage to get all of my electronics and such packed. Well one night I was up late tending to a stray kitten I had taken in a few weeks prior to this after finding her on the side of a road, badly malnourished. The way the upstairs (attic) is, there is a banister that follows the staircase and kind of wraps it off, or something like that. So, I was walking along the banister to start going downstairs to the kitchen since I needed some cat food and trash bags to bag up any trash that was laying around. As I reach the first step, I stop to glance over my room and check if I needed anything else while I was downstairs or take anything down with me such as dishes. Now I was at a complete standstill for a solid minute just trying to check everything over. I remember that at this point, I did not lose my footings. For one, I was holding on to the railing but next thing I know, I felt complete anger overwhelm me, and then a good push on the middle of my back which caused me to lose my balance and fall forward down the stairs which was pretty far (a good 20+ steps). I was in pretty agonizing pain as you can imagine falling down a flight of stairs. I remember when I finally got up after about 10 minutes of just trying to catch my breath and push the pain to the side, I went to the bathroom to check myself over and make sure I didn't seriously hurt one area or another. I remember feeling an extreme burning on my right shoulder and back which is odd in itself because I only hit my left side and my stomach due to me holding on to the rail to break the fall. It wasn't 3 linear scratches or anything. Just a gash on my shoulder and a gash on my back. Thankfully there wasn't anything else wrong besides a badly twisted ankle.

At the moment, I thought of nothing because I was more worried about any injuries and such. When the pain finally subsided a little, enough for me to make it back up the stairs since the attic is my bedroom, I sat down to just relax since I twisted my ankle and definitely didn't want to hurt it further. It dawned on me, and I put two and two together. As much as I wish it wasn't, it wouldn't be the first time something bad like that has happened. But I know I never felt afraid in my own home until then. I don't know what sparked it, unless somehow it was angry that I would be leaving for a long period of time, I don't know. But I know it wasn't the end of bad luck for me. A few days later I fell pretty ill, right before my mom was due to arrive. I kept a fever and couldn't keep anything down. Not soup, not toast, not even water or juice. I couldn't even keep my medicine down. Every 30 minutes I would be bent over the toilet, heaving due to the fact I had nothing in me after the 15th time. This lasted for several days, right up until I was ready to start my 10 hour road trip from Tennessee to Missouri.

Maybe me getting sick right after it was a coincidence but I hardly get sick anymore after being put on vitamins to keep my immune system up. The most I usually catch is just a little cold or my allergies act up. Nothing like that at all. It was all just a little strange and very frightening, definitely. I just don't know what to do at this point. I know I leave for Tennessee October 27th, but on Halloween I leave for Florida so I won't have to worry about it for too long at least. Any suggestions would definitely be nice.

Also, as I do live in a very Christian state and area, anything that involves a church is automatically out of the question because everyone here is very strict on the people they help or who enter the church. Especially since I'm Agnostic. Even though I don't believe or disbelieve, they normally do not welcome that anywhere near their holy place.

Other hauntings by Sparkie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sparkie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-23)
Orpeus;
I honestly don't know if it is what you call wall walkers besides the eyes because I myself have never seen it. I've only been told about the experience, though it does sound very similar.

SDS;
Thank you. I am going back home in 5 days from when I am posting this comment so I'll prepare for the cleansing once I arrive in Monday evening. Hopefully the freezing Fall weather of Tennessee hasn't set in yet.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-23)
Hello Sparkie, this is my opinion. Others might differ from it. I don't think that the spirit that attacked your mother and stepdad and yours are one and the same. I doubt it. It might be different. Perhaps you have a evil or negative entity or spirit in your home and it might have attacked you. So, why don't you just cleanse the house no sooner than you come back. Rookdygin, an experienced poster in this site, has devised a method for cleansing, which could be used by people of any religion. It might help. It will definitely ward off negative entities or evil spirits from your home.

Secondly, you said that you fell sick after the experience of your falling down the stairs after being pushed by the spirit. The bruise on your shoulder is definitely a proof that you have been attacked by a malevolent spirit. So do the cleansing. I am pasting the Rook's Cleansing method for your use and purpose. Do clean the house continuously, as advised. Kindly post your experiences thereafter. Give all the credits to Rook.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Orpeus (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-23)
your first major issue is that the ouiji board can bring through things that are far from human origin. This particular one does not sound demonic to me though, in England we have a lot of similar stories of sightings and encounters that are just as you described them, I call them wall walkers, they appear as a solid shadown on the wall with red/yellow eyes. Is it the same?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: