You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Physicist Turned Schizo?

Real Ghost Stories

Physicist Turned Schizo?

 

A little about me: I am a 31 year old physics student. Formally Atheist, now open to the possibilities of everything. I have never paid any attention to supernatural or paranormal and have done nothing, to my knowledge, to instigate the stories you are about to read. Also, there being so many of them in such a short period of time, I decided to submit them all in one long story. I am not ashamed of any of my activities and I will not be changing any details of my story to make the read more "pleasant".

1) It is about 1 AM and I am on my laptop. I am on various social networks talking to people and playing games when I hear (for lack of a better word) these demonic munchkins talking in the kitchen. They say things like "Nice fridge!" and "Look at the guy on the laptop". I stop what I'm doing and look around. I look at the kitchen and the TV and mute the TV. Nothing else happens so I just chalk it up to the TV. Now let's just say the activities I wanted to participate in online are more private so I look over at the window and I see the shades are drawn. I stand up and take a step towards the window and I say out loud "You need to be closed." Then the little munchkins that I had completely forgotten about said "Oh you're scared now? You think closing that's going to help!?" I turned around, tears shot out of my eyes, and said "SHUT UP! Go away, you're not welcome here! I rebuke you!" And then they (I don't know why I think this) got "yanked" away. Then the lights that were already on... Brightened up. I didn't even realize the lights were dimmed until they went back to full brightness. What gets me is that I know my subconscious didn't manifest that as I was not scared and closing the window had nothing to do with them. I have not seen or heard anything of the likes sense. This was about six months ago.

2) I'm lying in my bed and it's about 10 AM. I stretch and I get ready to get up and the room is dark. There are three very tall, red, being standing around my bed laughing. They do not say one word to me but they are talking to each other about how I am a non-believer and that I am going to be their *ahem* when I die (apologize for the language, this is verbatim [edited for submission]). One says to the other, "What's funny is he can see us right now, and he is still going to be a non-believer, and he is still going to be our *ahem*!" Again, I repeated the same things from last time as they worked last time. They worked again. I said they are not welcome and they left. This one confuses me as their choice of words seems much more something my subconscious would manifest unless they consider themselves the "pimps" of the demon world. This was not a dream as there was no transition from this to me "waking up". This was about 4 months ago.

3) Only about two days after seeing these demons (and even going as far as talking to a councilor in school about them as I am a man of science) I am walking through a field at my school. It is a public area but for the most part I am the only one around at 8 AM before class. I am walking the entire time and surrounded by birds. Swallows from what my research has led me to believe. There was three or four of them and they continuously made really tight circles around me as if they were some kind of force field. I didn't stop walking or change anything I was doing because it felt good. I felt safe. I apologize for that not being ghostly but if you ask me it has to be related somehow.

4) This was about a month ago. It's about 5 PM and my girlfriend calls. I ignore her because I am a little busy at the time. I am sure I am doing homework or something productive. After these passed couple of episodes I have gotten a slight sense of when something "unusual" is about to happen and I can feel the room getting dark. I immediately start getting scared and I can sense evil coming. I start talking to my bedroom (I don't know where, who, or what to talk to but I know there's something) and asking it what it wants. Tears roll down my cheek and I just start feeling like I am crazy. "What do you want!? What do you want me to do!? Do you want me to believe? I believe! Do you want me to change? Ill change! What do you want from me!?" Then all the sudden my body swings around. I reach out and I grab my phone. I dial my girlfriend faster than Data from Star Trek. None of these movements were voluntary, nor were they very fluid, but more so like I was a marionette. I watch myself do these things. I realize I am calling my girlfriend and then I immediately think she has something to do with this. She answers the phone and now all I can think is that she is some kind of witch or something. I say, "WHO ARE YOU!?" and she responds with a confused "Amy... Your girlfriend." I start to tell her what just happens but the presence does not want me to. It wants me to talk to her, but not about it. It forces me onto the bed and even starts twisting my neck. I plea with it and even go as far as promising it (whatever "it" is) that I will never speak of it. Again... As with the other two times I am dealing with the unknown I say it is not welcome and I want nothing to do with it. It complies. Also, similar to the other times, the light in the room returns.

5) Weeks ago until present. I suffer from Pneumonia, a Pulmonary Embolism, and a mild heart attack. Now... Everything is interesting. I cannot get bored. I can watch The History of cotton and be completely enthralled. I have never been much of an ADD type, but there were still things I found interesting and things I found boring. Now, there's no such thing as boring.

I am not sure why I included that last one but I do know I came close to death and demons/ghosts/death is all very mysterious and who knows what will come of the last one in the weeks/months to come.

Thank you for providing me with a place to share this and I hope that I may get some good feedback. As of this moment all I know is that there is more then what we can see in front of us, or that I may be a schizophrenic. Either or, none of this is made up or there would have been a lot more to make me seem like a better person. I do need help with this if there is such a thing. High-energy physics or quantum mechanics will never come close to answering these things and those are my fortes. Ghosts, mimics, birds, demons, demonic munchkins... Beyond me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, My5t1kal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Hecate brings up a brilliant point with the blood pressure changes. I didn't even consider that at first, but it is a huge possibility.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
I also have weird stuff happen to me but nothing to the extent of your story.

I think these things are evil spirits that want to scare you and feed off that energy.

Also another explanation I've been considering is they might be beings from a higher dimension than ours and are merely toying with us like on a video game.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
I would be interested to see what happens after you fully recover from your health issues. Those you list lead to major blood pressure changes, which put different kinds of pressures on various areas of your brain, even prior to you becoming ill. As Elnora mentions, you are past the normal age for the onset of schizophrenia, but that cannot be completely ruled out by age alone.
Always ask whatever intelligence you believe to exist in the universe for protection. Your intellectual intent to protect yourself empowers you. I study artificial intelligence/cognition and other psychological areas to better understand these issues. Listen to your gut. And ask questions here on YGS. There is an awesome group of people here with great ideas.
Hecate
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
I agree 100% with elnora. Her advice is sound, I think it would be wise to follow it. I hope you find the answers you need.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
As someone who studied mental health, it's never a bad thing to get yourself checked out. If you have a friend with any sort of mental health issue, find out who they go to or get a good recommendation from them. Your regular doctor can give you names as well, but sometimes it's better if you go to someone that someone you know trusts. It adds a level of calm that going to a complete stranger can take away.

Since you are 31, you are above the average starting age of schizophrenia, but it's been known to pop up at almost any time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: