You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Was The Person In Front Of Us?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was The Person In Front Of Us?

 

The question I ask in the title is rhetorical of course. My writing skills (or lack thereof) are such that this story will probably be longer than it needs to be so bare with me.

This happened in around 2002 when my nephew (M) was about 14. He usually stayed with me on the occasional weekends when I would have to watch Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time. Anyway, at around 8 or 9pm'ish his friend (L) who is also 14, and his younger brother (C) who was 12 called us to ask us to go to the local take away with them.

Their parents were out and they weren't allowed out at that time on their own. My nephew and I agreed and decided to have something to eat ourselves, so together with my small dog, walked to their house to collect the 2 boys and then made our way to the take away.

Opposite their house is a big children's park which you can cut through to get to the take away. At the other end of the park is an exit to the main road where the takeaways are located (about 3 zillion of them) Through the exit gates of the park is an alley way leading to the main road which is quite dark but has a few street lights. To the left as you are exiting the park down the alleyway are the back gates to houses which are located on the road we would have taken had we not cut through the park.

Anyway, we walked through the alleyway to the other end and onto the main road and got our meals. On the way home we walked back through the alleyway to take us into the park... This time of course, the gates to the houses are on our right. Now, this part is how I remember it, I'm not sure if it's the same as (C) remembers it. (C) was to my left and his brother (L) was to my right and we were talking whilst (M) was running ahead of us being chased by my dog... I distinctly remember my dog trying to jump at his legs as (M) was kind of skipping trying to avoid him.

Anyway, I wasn't really taking much notice of them as I was talking to (C) and (L)... Just then I heard "BOO" and then laughter. We all turned to our right and saw (M) had been hiding in one of the gates to make us jump. He didn't really make me jump though, but I was more curious about how the hell he'd got there as fast as I'd only just that second seen him running or "skipping" if you like, along with my dog.

I thought to myself how weird that was but pretty much ignored it as it was probably just me having some sort of brain art, but then (C) said, "I thought you were down there with (J) " confirming that what I had seen wasn't just me having some kind of brain art after all. (C) had obviously seen what I had seen and I acknowledged this to him as the shiver ran through my spine.

(L) hadn't seen it but became quite creeped out because (C) and I were talking about it, both suggesting that we might have just witnessed a ghost of some kind. I don't know who or what it was that (C) and I had seen that night, but I can say it's probably one of my strangest experiences in my life.

Other hauntings by Imarealghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Imarealghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Hi Rachel.

Yes he does actually. Going for peoples feet is a quite a new thing though. He's always had this tendancy to bark at certain people... Not everyone, just certain, random people. I have no idea what triggers it. I usually walk him off his lead in certain areas and have done most of his life since he was a pup (he's 11 now) but quite recently, his barking has been followed by the attacking of their feet. He's actually only done it about 3 times in as many weeks. Twice while out with me and once while out with my dad. SOOO embarrassing tho, especially since one of the people he did it to was a very small child walking with her father who, thankfully saw the funny side of it after I had apologised. My dog is quite comical and far from dangerous but still, I've had to start walking him on his lead now.

Im curious tho, what is the reason for that question? I don't think it would be anything ghostly, if anything I would hold my hands up and say it is more to do with my poor dog handling skills over the years. He was my first and although I didn't do a bad job, I have screwed it up quite a bit! LOL.

Thanks for the comment 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
Interesting story here. I am sure that I've had a similar experience as you when I was younger. Does your dog normally act weird with people (e.g. Trying to grab their feet)?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
I've been hiding. Lol! But I'm back. How are you dear? Times got crazy.

LSD
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Hi KandiieChoklatee: (LOL, when I first came here I was told I had a strange username... Hehe)

After your comment I decided to google doppelg
KandiieChoklatee (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
I agree with the Doppleganger theory. Something similar to your experiance happened to me when I was younger. It's really freaky, especially because I didn't believe in the paranormal back then. A Doppleganger can take shape of anyone it wants, but it wouldn't be exactly the same as the actual person; it would behave differently, talk etc.

Kenzie x
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
TheNathanNS:

Thanks for the comment 😊

Yea, it could have been someone of the same build as M except for the fact that no one was in that alleyway at that time of night... We would have known!

The part about your Nan... Thats happened to me many times over the years LOL. Its more weird tho when you see the person after they've died but before you knew they'd died. That has happened to me twice... I used to work down the mines when I was in my teens to early twenties and a guy who I hadn't seen since then was in town standing outside a shop. I shouted him but he just stared at me and ignored me, so I guessed he'd probably not recognised me. I told my dad I;d seen him (he worked there too and knew his family) but my dad looked surprised and told me he;d been dead for about 2 years earlier. I said that he couldn't have died, he was standing outside the shop! I was abit creeped out about it but then my elder brother, who was a mate of his and also worked there, offered an explanation... He said that the guy had an identical twin brother. LOL I'd never met his brother so that's why he didn't acknowledge me! But I did think for a moment that I'd definately seen a ghost. I was kind of disappointed! Hehe
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
i could of been somebody with the same build as (M) and your dog never liked him/wanted to play with him
Once when I was about 4 I saw someone who looked a lot like my nan (who died a year earlier)
Good and creepy story I'd be creeped out too if I saw my friend in front of me and he jumped out the bushes 2 seconds later
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Hi dolgrem.

Theres no need to apologise for your English,...your English is far better than most people from England. LOL My dad can't spell and has the writing age of a 5 year old...he's 75. Besides... Your English is a million zillion squillion times better than my Polish! 😆 😊

Yes, I've heard of Treblinka, I believe that was the camp where the prisoners killed the german guards and escaped? Correct me if I'm wrong! I'm not surprised you'd think I've never heard of it though because it is something you rarely hear about. I wonder why that is? 😕

I'd love to read your story. Just keep checking back on the story submission page. It will be open eventually, I had the same problem for about 2 days. Or... You are welcome to post it here in the comments if you like.
Dolgrem (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Hi, I know what you talking about Imarealghost. I had it once myself. I'm from Poland (that why my english is so bad... I'm sorry about it) and I'm leaving near concentration camp Treblinka, you might not heard of it. Anywany... I experienced smoething like that once around area of that village. I would post a story, but the page says it has too much stories and I should wait;) . So I will... It's strangly similar...
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Otteer: Thanks for the comment 😊

The only thing I can think of in terms of tragedies is 2002 was the year my 26yo cousin was killed by a car, but I'm not sure if my story took place before or after. As I'm thinking now tho, my cousin was killed early in the year so it was probably before my story took place. I could be wrong.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Wow! Great story, have no idea what to make of it either... I bet if it was a twin, the minute you saw M it would have disappeared and the dog would have been left sniffing the bushes lol!
Any accidents or tragedies happen to anyone in the party, or anyone in the party's families in the weeks after you saw this?
Thanks for sharing! ❤
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Hey princessLotus, long time no hear from, where've you been?
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
PrincessLotus:

QUOTE: "Sometime the most profound experiences happen when thing are goin and rolling as normal as ever. At least that's how I feel"

ABSOLUTE FACT! I agree with you 1000000% 😊
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
HI Taz890

My dog was running with what I thought was M, about 20 feet ahead of myself and the 2 bos, but we weren't really taking much notice of M and my dog, we were just busy talking. But when M appeared from the step where the gate was on our right, I never really thought to look where my dog was. I mean, at first I just thought it was abit strange but maybe it was just me, but then C mentioned that he thought he was in front of us... So then I knew it wasn't just me. 😲 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
hi there imarealghost interesting story.
Sounds more like a doppleganger that actual ghost as it looked to you and c like m.
You say your dog was running with "him" in front of you when he shouted boo where was your dog? Still in front or with m in the gate way?
Thanks for posting 😊
Carl
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Sometime the most profound experiences happen when thing are goin and rolling as normal as ever. At least that's how I feel 😁

LSD

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: