You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Uncle The Friendly Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle The Friendly Ghost

 

Before I start, I want to tell everyone that this is a real story on what actually happened to me.

Well, I need to inform you of my great uncle. His name was H.C. He lived in my house, before I did, for 7 years. He died from heart failure in 1997, at the age of 62. His wife then moved to Arizona to be with their daughter. My father, mother, older sister and I moved in shortly after.

When I was about 9, I learned from my father, that my great uncle H.C died in the living room. I'm 15 now and I definitely know that his spirit is still here. I have had several 'feelings' while in this house. I've heard him walking around in my attic. He pokes me when I'm asleep to get me up. He opens and shuts random doors. I see him walking the hallway. He takes my stuff, and then puts it in the wrong place, making me think that I've lost something.

When I had a full sized bed, I once woke up with his ghost sleeping right next to me. I got a twin sized bed then, but that didn't stop him. He started to stand over me and watch me while I was asleep. So, I resorted to getting a bunk bed and sleeping on top to prevent both occurrences from happening again. I know that he is here.

My friends, who don't even know about this, have even reported the feeling of being watched. Several of them have even experienced him brushing past them as their walking through my hallway. Through all of this though, he's the nicest ghost I've ever encountered.

He talks to me when I'm alone or scared. Once, he even brought me a blanket when I was cold in the middle of a winter night. The door was locked when this happened and the key was in my room. My mom didn't even know I was cold enough to need the blanket. So, he takes care of me. I try to tell my mom and sister, but they think since I have a big imagination, that I'm just making this all up. My dad believes me though, because he's had similar experiences in the house when he lived here. My mom heard him pacing in the attic once while muttering to himself. My sister has seen him walk past the bathroom door on several occasions.

I just want to know if others have shared my similar experience with a friendly ghost.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IsadoreHiotissin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Well, IsadoreHiotissin, what a remarkable story. I've had very similar experiences with a Friendly Spirit. But, Spirits do not like to hang out with me much, as I can only "sense" them by hearing, smell, and some touch, but can't 100% see them though.
Hopefully you can get the answers you're looking for.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Wow, cool story! Sleeping with you? Could you actually see him laying down? Yowser!

A little advice. Do not lock your door at night. If there was a fire and you were overcome, no one could reach you. Just a little advice from the fire department.

Thanks for sharing! ❤
Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
What does your uncle say when he talks to you? Did your dad ever talk with your uncle's ghost? Can you see him when he's talking or do you just hear him? Do you talk back? 😁

It sounds like you have a rare, friendly haunting that so many people wish they had. It's nice that he looks after you.

This is a really sweet story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: