You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: They're Friendly

Real Ghost Stories

They're Friendly

 

Before I relate my story, I would just like to say for the record how irritating it is to see so many infantile time wasters submitting stories that are clearly works of poorly written fiction.

But here's my story. I can't say exactly when it happened, but it was in the neighbourhood of ten years ago. My wife and I were living in our apartment in Toronto, and I was having my third and I hope last of my sleep paralysis experiences. The previous two were quite close together and uneventful, maybe two months prior to the one I'm about to describe.

I found myself awake in the middle of the night, unable to move anything but my eyes. A typical sleep paralysis experience for me and from what I've read. But this time there were two figures in the room, partially illuminated by the lights in the parking lot outside. Dark foggy shapes, indistinct on the one hand and on the other they appeared to be of average human size and anatomical proportions. I felt that they were male. One was over to my right, looking out the window to the parking lot below. The other one was to my left. I was on the left side of the bed, and he was quite close to me, close enough to touch, looking down at a book that I'd been reading on my drop-leaf bedside table. It was a copy of Lady Chatterley's Lover. I looked over as best I could, to my still sleeping wife, and said to her in my head "They're friendly". I have no idea how I would know that with such profound authority, but that's what I felt. And I didn't feel at all threatened by this otherwise alarming event unfolding in our bedroom.

That's all I remember. I was apparently asleep immediately following my announcement to my wife, something that seems to be a common thread in sleep paralysis experiences. That part interests me a lot. I think it's unnatural to fall asleep directly after waking up in the middle of the night. Doesn't everybody toss and turn for a bit before falling asleep again?

We no longer occupy the apartment in Toronto, but I periodically replay the experience in my mind, particularly when I pass by the drop-leaf table or pick up the copy of Lady Chatterley's Lover.

Other hauntings by Limey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Limey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-11-18)
Hi Limey

There are very few incidents that are friendly and it's nice to know that despite all the bad there's a few good spirits out there, I've had my fair share of sleep paralysis however I never experienced any entity near me, I believe that our sixth or intuitive sense knows when something is good or bad.
Limey (3 stories) (33 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-11-18)
Thank you lady-glow. I'm not sure if our consciousness never sleeps, but I think the bigger questions are who or what were they, and why were they there? And did they do what they came for? And will they be back? To your second point, I believe that it's our vomero-nasal organ (I'm not sure of the spelling) that provides us with our sixth sense. To me, another interesting subject.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-11-17)
Hi Limey.

Interesting experience. I guess our consciousness never sleeps and that's why you were able to sense the nature of those shadows, almost like the way one can decide if a person is "good" or "bad" at a first impression.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: