You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Am I A Sensitive And Am I Being Followed

Real Ghost Stories

Am I A Sensitive And Am I Being Followed

 

This will have two parts: one that states what is my tie with paranormal and two is something that has been happening to me for years.

I am always seeing things, most of the time out of the corner of my eye and other times full apparitions that are there at one moment and gone the next. Most of the time I see people exactly as normal as I would see anyone else, just that there gone really fast. Sometimes they make eye contact with me and others it's me that notices them. It doesn't really happen in one place it happens everywhere I go. More so then seeing things I hear things ALL THE TIME. I hear talking, whispering, calling my name, conversations, and at my house I hear things moving about all the time. Some places scare me as to when I am entering a place or a home and I will get chills and feel unwelcome and I can feel the complete opposite too. Its the same with people, I can feel when there bad and when there good. Most nights I don't sleep because I keep hearing all these converstaions and while most of the time it does not scare me it drives me nuts. Other nights its the night mares and other times its the presence... The scary one I am going to tell you about.

Almost all my life I can remember that same being watched feeling. In the last 14 years I have lived in the same house and this has happened to me in every single house I have ever lived in. I am now 29 but in the last 14 years I have come and go and lived in several houses in between. Its that whole thing that people call sleep paralysis but to someone that has lived it all her life I can assure you its pure evil and it has been chasing me for years. Its not the typical story. It does not happen when I am asleep or just waking up, it happens to me fully awake and aware of everything. I can be watching TV, sitting or laying on my bed etc. It can be day or night. I can feel when it comes in the room I am in (there is no specific place it happens) and I know when it is going to come into or over me. I struggle to breathe, talk, move, ask for help... It just completely suffocates me and I can see with my eyes but I have no control over myself. If I am holding someone it usually does not happen. So I try to lay close to my boyfreind and have a hand on him. Its not everyday but it has happen many many times over many many years. Just the other night I had such a frightning experience and I just started crying for it to leave me alone that I just wanted to sleep for a night. I don't sleep alone and for the first time my boyfriend (he is the first person ever) saw it happen. All he could describe was me being held down and choked and he was so pertrified he didn't dare touch me.

I just want some input on what this might be and if it has anything to do with all the things that I can also see/hear. I just want to understand if there is something that I should embrace and understand instead of fear. I don't mean I want to embrace the negative part just the first part of my story. I am a Christian (although that's a long story in itself as I do not go to church at the time) and I have been baptized, my house now and any house I have lived in are all blessed but nothing seems to be enough to make it go away. I just want some advice or help as I feel like I haven't slept in years. At least not peacefully or alert as to if I am going to bothered or not.

After some feed back I will tell you a dream that I had like three days later. That is if you guys want to hear it and then you can tell me if you think it has any correlation to what I experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sweetjoy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MrBrightside (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
it sounds to me like whatever entity is haunting you isn't some spirit of a person its a full demon or a poltergeist. I have done some research on this topic in the past and I came across quite a few sites that shared a few common factors. Quite a few people seem to believe that salt is a way to repel spirits so if you were to lay a line of salt down across every opening to your bedroom then you should be able to sleep peacefully (keep in mind this is just a theory that I think is worth a try) by entry I mean windowsill and doorway, make sure the line goes all the way from wall to wall and is about a half in inch thick. Keep in mind this definitely will not work if the entity is already in the room with you because the line of salt is meant to keep a demon out not in.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hi Sweetjoy, It is hard when you don't know which way to turn or where to start. Try following your instincts as they usually lead you right. Stay strong honey you will get through this. Gizzy ❤
sweetjoy (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I want to thank eveyone for the amazing responses and did not expect so much feedback. It really helps and gives me somewhere to go with this.

To zzsgranny and the others that mentioned psychic shielding I have not heard of this and I am very willing to hear and learn about it and actually do it. And may I add that just the tone of your comment was amazingly peaceful. I genuinely feel that you care to help and for that I thank you repeatedly. I have been told that I need to do just that FACE IT and tell it "not tonight I'm going to bed!" I am building the courage to do this and with all your support and comments it gives me more strength!

[at] Javelina - I haven't tried any of the things you or anyone else mentioned therefore were starting at square one and we can cross then out as we go! I say we because I instantly feel connected to everyone who really listened and offered advice. I do pray but not regularly and yes I pray when being attacked and it always helps but I'm finding that I have to pray longer and harder... Almost as if was building resistance or I'm loosing faith. I agree with me putting my heart in it I truly am but I do grow weary but I am going to get through this!

I will keep you posted and amber-sharee I will contact you on facebook. Sounds like it will be a relief for the both of us to talk to someone who understands exactly what we go through!
Funda (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Sweetjoym,

It may hard to believe, but I believe I know what your going through. Me and my sister have what we call "the sight", as we both see things, but I have been able to communicate as well. Like zzsgranny, I also believe that embracing your gift is a personal choice. It can help, as sometimes you can communicate to find what it wants, and others it doesn't help at all. Go to your local church and ask to be blessed, tell them of the occurance, they might be able to help you more than any of us. If its choking you then it can either be vengeful as you have something that yopu want, or asking for help, some supernatural ask for help that way. But like I said previously, the church may be able to help you more than us.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Like everyone said already, you need to take back that control and learn to let go. Or else you'll be swallowed up in this.

I really hope you find the peace that you're looking for. Keep us posted.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Hi Sweetjoy, it sounds to me like no-one has ever advised you before and you are unsure as to what is really happening. All previous advice that you have recieved on this page is sound and you will need to sift through it all to choose what will work best for you or even what you may wish to try. From your account it sounds like you have not tried anything if this is the case then there are many things you can do.
1. Spiritualist church
2. Contact a psychic
3. Smudging and cleansing your house with a bible or religious symbol in each room.
4. Prayer and going back to your church and talking to your priest/Pastor
I will echo everyone else who has commented it sounds like you have the gift/curse and for it to get any better you will need to decide whether this is a gift or curse but zzgrannys suggestion of psychic shielding is a must even if you decide you do not want to pursue this.
If I am wrong and there are things you have tried let us know and maybe we can suggest other things you can try as there are people from all walks of life on this forum and they are all here to help
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Well, zzsgranny has stated, you have the gift. You can embrace it and learn how to use it, control it, and learn whatever is revealed to you, or just ignore it. Your fear, I feel, is what has kept you in this state for years, yet strong enough not to let this totally control you. You are stronger than you realize. Perphaps, for however long, you just need to tell these voices, not interested. Can't help you. Then... Let go. Meaning, the same thing happens when I am overstressed. But I get burnt out, than I somehow just focus on other things, and it goes away. I'm not scared anymore. I just know it can't hurt me. It's just voices. Perphaps prayer can help? Have you thought of consulting a pyshic? It's easy for us to give advice. It's up to you to find what best works for you.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
sweetjoy: The option to embrace your "gift" or not is a personal choice, and completely up to you... Your experiences, in my opinion, are related to the episodes of "awake paralysis" (as opposed to "sleep paralysis" 😆)...

You mentioned that you're a Christian, but not the denomination... I believe in Jesus and God, and haven't been to church on a regular basis since childhood... My own personal belief is that God knows what's in one's heart, and I don't feel the need to prove my belief to other members of society... Try saying a prayer before bed...

I think you have to take control over whatever it is that's messing with you... Tell it point blank, at bedtime, that you're going to sleep and not to mess with you... If you sense it at any point during the day, tell it to go away... Be firm, and deliberate... You don't have to yell, or beg and plead...

Also, take a trip on google and find out about psychic shielding... Keep us posted!

😊
amber-sharee (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
I am so glad to finally meet someone that goes through the same thing I go through. Every single day something weird happens to me. ESPECIALLY the paralyzed sleep thing. That is the weirdest! Iv'e tried to explain what it's like when it happens but there's no words to describe it. I think that like me, you are sensitive to spirits. Thats why they bother you like they do, because they know that you know about them. Iv'e always had to go through the same thing. Actually, my boyfriend didn't even believe in ghosts until he got with me and seen for himself that I was for real when I told him to be ready to see and hear weird things. NOW HE'S A BELIEVER! If you want to talk to me further or maybe exchange experiences you can get me on facebook under amber jones in kannapolis, nc. Hope to hear from you soon.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
sweetjoy,
I honestly don't know what to say, but your case does sound unique. It might help to know what things you have tried already. Have you gone the gamut of smudging the house, sweeping the house out from top to bottom and pushed all negativity out with it? Have you tried "shielding yourself psychically"? How about using charged sea salts across every entryway and window sill? Have you used lavender scented incense around every room?
You say you are a Christian. Do you pray regularly? Do you pray during an attack? If so, has it worked? If not, why not?
Do you see my conundrum here? Without knowing what steps you've taken so far, it's hard to know where to start.
However, I can say this with certainty, no matter what you try, if your heart isn't in it, it will most likely fail. All cures, no matter what they are or from whence they come, are only as strong as you make them. You are the key ingredient in the mix. Without faith in the treatment, the cure will always be just out of reach.
There are things you can do that have had excellent results for others. But as I said before, without knowing what you've tried so far, it's hard to know where to begin.
Please get back to us on those if you're able.
Thank you,
Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: