You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Long Time Coming

Real Ghost Stories

Long Time Coming

 

I understand that most things written by teens on this site are instantly disregarded as fake or stupid. I am a teen and I'm not here to troll or mess around. This is my ghost story and it's long.

My name is Matt by the way.

It all started about 14 years ago in Novato, CA. I was 2 years old living with my grandparents and I noticed this tall shadowy black figure with a white face standing in the corner, he said he wanted to be my friend in his gurgled not raspy but hazy like voice, its like he was having trouble speaking.

For the next year and a half or so we've spent everyday together. He was there when I was awake and when I went to bed standing over my bed watching, I trusted him. Well, one day I and my family decided to go to the Russian river.

I'm playing in the shallow water of the sandy beach and then "faceless" as I have dubbed him suggests we play in the deeper water being the stupid naive kid I was, I agreed and slowly swam out to the middle of the river until something grabbed my ankle and started to pull me down. When I looked it was faceless grabbing me with a gnarled sharp black claw.

I passed out about halfway to him, and when I awoke my ankle was bleeding and I was coughing up large amounts of water. To this day I don't know what caused the attack, all I know is that faceless is still here and he doesn't seem like he is going to be leaving any time soon. I will share more later I have to go, going to the movies with my girlfriend. I may write more tonight; depends on how I feel after the movie and whether faceless is up and about.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deadnotsleeping, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
deadnotsleeping - your story has bugged me from the beginning. I decided not to comment unless you came back and commented. So, since you did, I'm also going to.

My major concern with your story, and it could simply be because you aren't giving us enough details, is how you didn't drown. You were 3 1/2 years old. You were in the middle of a river and something was dragging you down. You were a baby, not someone trained in survival. I realize that events that happen when we are children are sometimes remembered differently when we are older. I hope that's the case with this one.
deadnotsleeping (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
Uhm...wow didn't think id get so many comments this website dosnt tell you if uve gotten any or not I can remeber faceless's voice because its not the first or last time I've seen him as for the water thing my mom tells me she "looked awayy for a second and I was just gone". I understand my story is hard to believe I guess. As for telling people my girlfriend knows and if I try to bring it up with anyone else they all think I'm crazy my girlfriend believe me because she's seen and as far as I know heard him too. Sorry to keep you guys waiting for the follow up. I've been busy with school and such. I will write or start writing tomorrow. And I went and saw the hang over two
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
lol purify sounds funny but at least makes some sense.
I meant you should consult a priest and make it clear.
😉
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
I understand that most things written by teens on this site are instantly disregarded as fake or stupid.

No, silly made up stories disguised as 'real' ghost stories are disregarded as fake or stupid, after being parsed for inconsistencies.

So, you do not mention even once- having attempted to mention this 'faceless' to any of your family members nor their reactions. Why?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
deadnotsleeping,
This tale is so...wait...just a second... At two years of age you can recall his voice, words, and the fact he had no face? Ooookay.
Now at the age of three your at the Russian River and playing in the water with, from what I understand, no adult supervision. Is that right? I've been to the Russian River, beautiful area where I went, but being a river with a constant current running through it, I can't imagine anyone leaving a child to play alone on the banks at all.
I'm going to have to just say it hun, this just sounds like a very good imagination, not something I'd be repeating as real. Of course, I wasn't there, so who knows? NAAAH! 🤔 😕
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
I'm still confused with this story lol

What movie do you think he went to go see? 😉
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
oh darkness! You should know its rude to laugh at the inflicted!
And this o/p has some serious imagination problems lol
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Taz mate I actually had a good laugh when he wrote he was going to the movies lol. Small things amuse small minds eh mate lol. 😆
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
lo and behold!
From the DARKNESS a great voice is heard!
Sadly it goes unaswered as this poster won't be back lol
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Hahaha oh yeh that's cool enjoy the movie mate! Why did we need to know that? 😆

You were 2 years old, that's a very early age to have a vivid description of your experience but as previously mentioned you need to elaborate more on your description of events. Either way I will wait for your response before commenting any further!
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Some people do have some very early memories, and it sounds like you would have been 4 1/2 to 5 when the alleged near-drowning took place, but yeah... It doesn't make sense that you would have that level of recollection of the incident and yet leave out the rest of the story, like what you remember or were told about how you were rescued and your family's reaction to the incident.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Yeah, I'm not sure about this story either. How did you get out of the water situation if you passed out? Another reason teens aren't taken seriously, like said before, important details are omitted, and I must add, uneccessary details are inserted. What does going to the movies with your girlfriend have to do with anything. I'm glad you have a girlfriend. Is that how you want us to react? Also, your final statement is very blase. You don't really seem to care about your story, so why should we?
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
The reason why so many stories by teens on here are generally disregarded is because, like this story, they tend to lack important details and usually include a scenario that doesn't make a lot of sense, even under paranormal standards...
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I'm not meaning any disrespect with this comment at all, I am just a little confused by a few details here, I'm not understanding how you can hold a memory of really anything at 2 years old, let alone meeting your "friend" you mention, then at 3 and a half you remember this incident? Yet you go into such detail about the voice and all...

Why would your parents let you swim in a river all on your own without them there with you at 3 and a half and why would they let you swim even deeper in that river without proper supervision?

This is simply confusing me and hopefully you may be able to explain these things to me/us?

My 3 and a half year old niece remembers the alphabet and that's pretty good going at her age from what I've been told...

DragonStorm 😊
sirocane (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Are you afraid of faceless? Do you think it mean't to attack you or something came over him? 😨
Sorry, just curious!
Sirocane ❤
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
wow that is really nasty, that sounds to me like a smart ghost or demon whaterver you call it but it tricked you into going to deeper water mabye so it could kill you or something. Definatly soemthing I would see about getting rid of who knows what it may do next.

Wishing you the best

Nathan ❤
LilithGarner (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Purify your hose? Lol sorry that just sounds funny. Not saying it's a bad idea, whatever works. By the way that's really creepy. Is he sorry or is he still peeved? If he's sorry you should ask him to leave and explain why, and if he's mad,I've got nothing.:/ If I were you I'd be freaked out!
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Yes RenVolkov is right. You should purify your hose with the help of a priest. God bless! 😁
RenVolkov (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
deadnotsleeping have you tried standing your ground and telling faceless to leave? Sounds like he is attached to you now after your experience with him. You could try burning white sage to do a cleansing or go to a church and have your pastor bless your house. Also you could sprinkle sea salt around your doors and windows.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: