You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Regina Music Box And The Grandmother Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Regina Music Box And The Grandmother Ghost

 

Several months ago, I purchased a Regina Disc Music Box from a woman in Sacramento CA. The music box had been in her family for many years and her great aunt was the original owner. The woman never had any kids, so she had no family member to pass it down to. After I purchased it and brought it home, my 5 year old grandaughter Kaylie became totally entranced by it. I finally got her stair steps so she could play the discs and wind the music box up herself.

Whenever Kaylie spent the night, she would walk by the music box to where the stairs were, and climb the stairs to her room. We started noticing that everytime Kaylie walked by, the box would start playing on it's own for 5-10 seconds. This would always be when the stop lever was on, or after the music box had run down the crank and stopped playing. I took the box in to be serviced, and the technician could find no reason why the box was going on and off whenever Kaylie walked by. It would not go on when me or my husband walked by, just Kaylie. We thought that maybe the vibration of her walking near the box might be setting off the mechanism, but it would not explain why we didn't cause the box to play, when we are so much bigger than she.

After several weeks of this activity, Kaylie came downstairs one morning and told us "I saw the grandmother ghost last night and she told me she is happy I listen to her music box". We then asked her to describe the grandmother ghost which she did. I sent an e-mail to the woman I purchased the music box from and she said that the description Kaylie provided sounded like her great aunt, the original owner of the music box. She also said her grandmother loved children and would have been thrilled that Kaylie was so entranced with it.

The night before mother's day, Kaylie asked if she could write the grandmother ghost a card. She dictated a short note and signed her name "Love Kaylie". After Mother's day, we noticed that the music box did not start out of nowhere near as much. However, every once in a while it still starts playing out of nowhere when she walks up the stairs. Interestingly, it never starts playing when she walks down the stairs. We firmly believe that the original owner of the music box followed it to our house in Nevada.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cdkonvicka, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
What a sweet story. I am glad the woman who owned the music box is happy that Kaylie enjoys it. I thought it was so nice of Kaylie to write her a little mother's day card. I'm sure the grandmother ghost really appreciated it. 😊 ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
cdkonvicka,
What a beautiful experience, and it is so touching the way it only starts when she's going up the stairs, as if the Grandmother is sending her a lullaby on her way to bed. Her version of 'sweet dreams' perhaps?
I guess she did follow the music box to your home in Nevada. ❤
Thank you for sharing. This one is going to my favorites list.

Javelina 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
cdkonvicka: I love stories like this!...I'm wondering if you know the model of your music box?...The reason I ask is they have several "floor" type models, as well as "table top" ones... And just out of curiousity, is there a particular song that plays for your grand-daughter consistantly, or is it random?...

Thank you for posting, going in my faves! 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
Yeah I can see your point of view on that. I had to read the ending twice before I made my comment to make sure I understood it right.

Peace
JustCurious
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
ok. Because I was wondering. She said that it stopped turning on so frquently so I was wondering if she was saying that is because she felt the ghost left the box to be in the other house
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
redphx - they were saying the ghost followed the box to their house in Nevada in the last bit.

Peace
JustCurious
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
Oh this is a sweet story. I am happy that the music box owner was accepting of Kaylie playing with it. So you don't have the music box anymore? I don't understand the last part when you were saying the ghost moved to another location. Is she not with her box anymore? Did she just move in with Kaylie?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: