You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Dark Man With Black Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Man With Black Eyes

 

It's really hard for me to talk about this, as it always brings up really scary memories...

Ever since I was little, I have had paranormal experiences. It all started when I was in third grade, I had to move in with my father and step-mother. I didn't like the house that we moved into at all, and neither did my younger brother, it was really scary and I got bad vibes from it.

I always had this one dream where I would end up being stared at by this man who was dressed all in black, had no hands or feet, and his face was white. He wore a top hat, and had no features on his face except solid black eyes. He would always stare at me and get closer and closer to my face until I would wake up crying. This happened about once a week at least.

After I moved into this specific house with my father, I started seeing what I called "The Dark Man". I would see him in my doorway, staring at me, late at night. One night I woke up and he was standing at the side of my bed and he reached out and tried to touch me.

Since then, it's been about 7 years since I moved out. I now live with my mom, but I still have that dream sometimes. I often have it when I'm alone in my house or if something has been troubling me. I never got a good feeling from it, and whenever I wake up from it I'm covered in a cold sweat. I sometimes see him, but only for a moment before I blink and he's gone.

I am not religious at all, but sometimes I do pray when I'm scared.

Can anyone please tell me what this "man" was? I don't know what he means or symbolizes... And how can I get rid of him for good?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, QHgirl1994, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Blkmgk12 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
I have the same issue, I try salt around the windows. I know that's usually associated with Christianity but it works. At least it works with me. And he symbolizes evil, basically he is the "leader" of all dark spirits and harmful ghosts. I don't know what he wants but he seems to target those who have a knack for seeing spirits and ghosts. I'm not sure if that will help you at all or not, but I wish you the best of luck.
XxmusicluvxX (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
I shared my story, and someone told me it was a demon. I don't know what it was, but I had the same experience also. I'm also wanting to know what he symbolizes. Everyone that I've told about my experience has replied with, "It was most likely a demon."
QHgirl1994 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
I first saw him in a dream. Then I started seeing him while I was awake...
TanyaMarieRodgers (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
wow I'm not the only one then. I can't sllep in my room on my own and I'm 23 and afraid of the dark when in bed Ihave to have some form of light on. I keep sensing this bad entity in my room and when I close my eyes its then when I see her face... I tell her go away and leave... Which she does for awhile but after that shes back... She has a pale face what looks ta have deep creases on it and like yours solid black eyes its really scarey and I find myself not sleeping and staying down stairs watching tv until the morning... The woman I see though has hands I know this cause when I close my eyes and I see her, I see her crawling along side my bed towards me
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
QHgirl1994 - I agree with Rook. Sometimes our dreams may represent things differently than what we think they would. Sorry, Rook, if that's not what you meantπŸ˜‰ You know me and my "Moments"πŸ˜†

Dream interpretation, in my opinion, is very unique and can be very difficult when dealing with a complete stranger. It's sort of like a horoscope. You and I could be born on the same exact day, yet our horoscope today might be completely wrong for me today, but right on the mark for you. Or it could be wrong for both of us.

It's the same with dream interpretation. Without knowing you, and I mean really knowing you, we can take what you tell us and assume you are telling us the complete truth. And you might be telling us the complete truth and telling us what you think is important, but there might be things you don't know that are important that you aren't telling us. Anyway, we would be making an educated guess on just the information we are being given. You are the only one who is going to be able to figure out if this dream man has anything to do with your real life. We can give you all the help and advice that we can give. You have to be willing to use it, though.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
QHgirl,

I am a bit confused, have you ever seen this figure other than in your dreams?

I ask because what he may represent in a dream will mean something to you... And if you are seeing this 'figure' while awake it may very well be something else.

So please clarify this point so that a better idea of what may be happening to you can be determined.

Respectfully,

Rook
ZiShu (281 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Shadowy beings with black or deep hole eyes are Devils (Fallen Angel demon).
You have to pray to God to send an ArchAngel, hopefully St. Michael to get rid of this devil.
robertar (223 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Not sure if any one can tell you what it was. I used to get visits, which I first thought were bad dreams. Years later I came to believe in Jesus Christ, and soughtHis power/authority over spirit beings. They rarely bother me anymore, leave when told, and these experiences eliminate any fear I have of them.

Also, I agree with the advice to pray each night. Especially when you have children.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
I am still on the fence about what these men are. There are tons of sighting of them but you are the first I've heard to describe the white face. Most say he is in all black and he rarely tried to touch anyone. So maybe your black man isn't the traditional kind.

If you feel scared pray to who ever gives you strength and see yourself surrounded by a white light bubble where this man can't touch you. Think about the white light attacking him and making him leave you alone. It is good to smudge your house with sage and perhaps light a white candel in room expelling the dark.

Please come back and update us on how the advice others gave you has helped you. It would be beneficial to the entire sight if we could start pin pointing which techniques work for which situation/entity. It would be nice list to start compiling.
Mosha (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
Very strange. Ask it what it wants, if you have the courage, or just tell it that its not welcome and it should leave you. If it doesnt, say aloud "in the name of Jehova please leave me and my family alone". But It may want help from you before it can rest.

Also if it persists to torment you do NOT taunt it. Just go to your local church and ask for thier advice and ask for some holy water. Just don't go in there asking for an exorcism as they will never do that he he

Take care, ❀ ❀ ❀
scary (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
seems scary 😨
My mom had similar experiences a few years ago. She then visited a holy person in our place seeking advice. It seemed that it was a bad spirit chasing her. She then started praying every night before going to sleep. And surprisingly she said it never came again. So why don't you try something like that?😲
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
Whenever you feel its presence tell it aloud that it is not welcome, and should leave you the heck alone! There are many reasons why a spirit can attach itself to you, I suggest prayer before you go to sleep. Try sleeping on your right side and not flat on your back or on your stomach. Go and speak with your priest or religious leader in your community if these visitations do not cease, and maybe he can perform an exorcism. But wait and see what others have to say on here! Take care and I hope Mr. 8lack Eyes leaves you the hell alone!
ghostscary (9 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
Alright, well if you ever see it again ask it what it wants, and ask if you can help it. Ask him how he died and just be comfortable with it and if you ask it how it died it leads to helping it. Just try your best to be calm and if it wants something try to do it because that could get rid of it! I work at the PIA, Paranormal Investigation Association! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: