You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Mother's True Love

Real Ghost Stories

A Mother's True Love

 

TRUTH is TRUTH - Love is always and forever.

Growing up I was very close to my mom. I was the youngest of six children. My mother and I had a great relationship so it was a shock when my mom passed away due to an unexpected massive heart attack at the age of 59. The odd thing is that we both had a dream she had passed away and was in the hospital on a slab, the next day we talked about it, and she said, please promise me, that if I die, you won't come to the hospital and see me like that?, I don't want you to remember me like that. So, being the good son that I am, I promised her that I wouldn't. The very next day, she passed away. I was so distraught, and in a daze for months. I was running red lights while driving, not really anywhere. I was feeling numb. I did six months of crying, day and night.

One night, I was crying myself to sleep, and praying, I asked "GOD", if you can't let me see my mom, please send her love to me for comfort. Just at that moment, the room lit up, and it was full of bright light. I closed my eyes in this warm, loving light. My mother's love was surrounding me, her love was inside of me, and I could smell her. It was her, all around me, deep in my heart. I have not had to worry about her since.

My mother took care of her mentally challenged brother until she passed away. The odd thing is that when her brother went into the hospital, it was because of my concern for him. Eight Doctors and nurses held him down to put a catheter in for him. He had never spoken a word on his own for the last 78 years, but he screamed my mother's name "MILDRED". I instantly fell to my knees, crying. I knew without a doubt, that she was still looking over him, and she is looking over me to this very day.

LOVE IS FOREVER

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Halo123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gino_Latino (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
This story made me tear up a bit. I'm the oldest of my siblings & I'm very close to my mom.
niki14 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
You almost made me cry. My eyes were wet while reading your story. Your mother is always there with you as your guardian angel. God bless you.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Halo123, your story is amazing, your mother sounds lovely and caring and she must be so proud of you.
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
That's so sweet! I absolutely love your story! And I am glad your mother watches over you. ❤ ❤ ❤ ~~Eclipse2000
Shini (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
Aw, this was a sweet story. Yes, love can do wonders for each of us, and it can even be the cause for those who have passed to try and stay, in order to look after or still remain close to the ones they cherish. ❤

Temilicious- Its cool how someone else has an experience with smells. My mom shared with me a while back that ever since her grandmother passed, she can smell rosewater- something her grandmother wore quite frequently.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
Indeed it is. When my mom passed on I used to smell her perfume in her room all the time at random occasions.

Motherly duties are never over are they? I think where there is love, ther is eternity.
Karmasfoolishone (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
Dear Halo...

I had that relationship with my Granny. She passed away 3 years ago and I was not there with her nor the family at the time.
I was asked to promise her that I would never come to the hospital nor her home and watch her suffer like my Granddaddy did. It was an aweful thing to see. Granny was my rock and together the both of us watched him take his last breath and then pass.
Soon after, my Granny mourned herself into illness. She struggled for two years. Then we found out she had cancer.
Again, she made me promise I would not come to her side. So I held true to that.
Then right before she passed away my mother called me on the phone to tell me Granny left a note for me. That she was going to go be with my Baby. But please call her.
I did, and I told her I loved her that it was okay to go. She could not speak, but I knew she heard me too. I was over came with such relief.
My mother hung up the phone and Granny passed 2 minutes later. I knew she was finally free.

My son was born and when was two years old he told me all about my Granny. He never knew her in life, But she, like your mother, has never left me!

Best Regards, Anna
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
halo123 this is one of the sweetest touching storys I have read on here in a while, thank you so much for finding the strength to share it with us.

The love we share does live on after a person has passed and I'm glad you had the chance to feel that love again
Carl 😊
hi5girl (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
aww this is so sweet and sad. Thank you for posting this. God bless you
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Thank you for sharing this with us. Your story has brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom will always be looking out for you LOVE is a very powerful thing. ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I'm going to say what the other posters are going to say. Your story is really sweet and sad. You can now rest in peace knowing that your mother is always looking over you and your uncle. I'm at work reading this and I had tears in my eyes. I had to pretend that I had allergies so that my co - worker didn't think I was crazy. 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Halo123,
I felt the pain in your words and I also felt the love in your heart for your dear mother. You are a good son and you've done your mother proud with this story,
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know what you experienced was real. I had something similar happen the night my sister passed on, and I was moved, as you were, to write that down and post it here. It helped me, and reading your story helps too.
Thank you so much for sharing this very sweet and personal account with us.

Javelina ❤
Vincent (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
He/she probably quotes "God" because although people are praying, it doesn't necessarily mean a God is listening, whether you believe that or not. (Not bashing religion, just saying.)

Also, a friend of mine read this story from behind me just now, and she was almost crying... Great post.

Vincent
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Hi Halo123,

Your story is so sweet and filled with complete and true love 😊 I am new to this site and your story is the sweetest one I have read.

I am not close to my mom neither she loves me but I felt your love for her and hers for you. Now I know how comfortable a mother's love is though I have not got a bit from my mom.

God bless and this is going to my favorites ❤
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Why do you put God in quotation marks?...if you're praying to Him, you believe in Him right? 😁
Glad you have found peace
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Oh Halo. This literally had me crying. How BEAUTIFUL. This is the kind of experience we all hope to have someday with our loved ones after they pass. To know that warm loving feeling and comfort they give to us during life can also be felt after death truly comforts me, because I dread the day my mother and father will die all the time. Your story truly touched my heart. Thank you so so much for sharing this with us. Your mother is watching over you every day and loves you so much. I hope you continue to feel her love and light. ❤
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
**For you Halo123 and your mom...:)

To one who bears the sweetest name
Or adds luster to the same,
Who shares my joys
And cheers when sad
--the greatest friend I ever had.
I love her for there is no other
That takes the place of my dear Mother.
Vincent (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
This story, too made me teary-eyed.

I too dread the day I have to say goodbye to my Parents. Life without them seems unlivable for me, and always has done.

I found a quote once, that most would link to intimate love, but I like to link it to a Mother and her child's love, after she's passed away. And it goes like this: "A part of you has grown in me, together forever shall we be~ always together, and never apart. Maybe now in distance, but never in heart~<3"

Take care~

Vincent
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Your story brought tears to my eyes... I am very close to my mom too and the thought of losing her is unimaginable for me. Your mom loves you and is making sure you feel her presence. I love your story! Keep posting! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: