You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Mother's Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's Doppelganger

 

This story takes place around 10 p.m. When I was a teenager, around 2001. There isn't much to the story, it's not fantastical, but it freaked me out and left me wondering what the heck just happened.

The rooms that are important to this story are the kitchen, my mom's room, and the family living room. From the family living room you can't see directly into the kitchen but the couch is facing that direction so you can see when someone leaves it, if there is light in it, and if someone is walking from it and towards the family living room. Another thing is you have to pass through the family living room to get to four of the five bedrooms, my mom's room included. My dad was asleep, my sister was asleep, my mom was in the kitchen cleaning up, and I was in the family living room when this event occurred.

I had just gotten out of the restroom and saw that my mom's room door was slightly open as there was a little light coming from her room. I could hear her cleaning up in the kitchen though. I sat in the family living room to watch TV. After watching TV for about ten minutes my mom comes walking from the kitchen wearing a blood red nightgown, one I had never seen before. She had also left the light on in the kitchen. She walks past me without saying anything, without making a noise, and without even glancing at me or saying anything to me. She opens her door, walks into her room, and leaves it slightly open. I think nothing of it and continue watching TV when five minutes later I see the light in the kitchen turn off and my mom comes walking from the kitchen wearing a white nightgown, the one she always wears. She says she's going to sleep as she walks past, opens her bedroom door, and closes it behind her. I'm sitting there in disbelief at what happened expecting her to scream or come out running because there's someone in her room but I hear nothing. I stay in the family living room for another hour so I assume she just goes to sleep.

I've never told her about it but I have told my wife and her family. I don't think she would believe me.

Other hauntings by luisporras

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luisporras, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

TheghostofDBCooper (2 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-23)
Yes of course I asked permission before making the video. Thanks for the concern.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-22)
TheghostofDBCooper, did you request and receive permission from luisporras to narrate his story and post it on YouTube?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-21)
Mods (and everyone else) - Perhaps my comment to DBCooper was a little inappropriate because, after all, we don't want him/her doing random videos on various submissions. I just found it interesting and quite honestly I enjoyed it in this specific instance.

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-21)
TheghostofDBCooper - Well seeing that luisporras isn't interested in participating in the comments here, thanks for bringing a little "life" into what has become very dull due to a lack of input! 😆
Regards, Melda
TheghostofDBCooper (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-21)
Just wanted to share the video I made to go with your story, Thanks again!
Https://youtu.be/_YodpuYWN1Q
GreenWitchx3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-21)
I worship and study a less traditional set of beliefs. What you saw may have not been a doppleganger but something similar-
Called "Vardøger"
Something that originated long before even the vikings but became popular in Norse Mythology. What you saw differed from a doppleganger because a doppleganger is typically considered to be an omen or warning of something to come. Vardøger is like a phantom double, who will be seen doing its doubles task right before the person does it. Its a doppleganger with a less sinister connotation. Similar to the Egyptians belief- "Ka" which was also similar to the very modern term-doppledanger; but also slightly different. Ka was basically the soul (or magical piece of the human- as they believed magic was everywhere) and simply could be seen on its own doing a mindless task before the human double actually did this task. Much like what you saw. Not exactly an omen but the soul doing somthing spiritually before it actually happends. Not necessarily a warning or an omen. Just your spirit or a spirit double projecting a bit ahead of you.
Possibly your moms spirit wished she was in a sexier red nightgown or that's what was more aligned with her spirit. Was no warning, obviously if nothing happened two years later.

Souls and spirits are tricky and your very fortunate to have an eye witness account of such an ancient believe!

I hope this helped. If your confused or if I didn't word it to make sense, google egyptian ka or Scandinavian folklore Vardøger.

Blessed be. ❤
lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-14)
Unintentional astral projection from your mum? Wouldn't explain the red nightgown though I suppose.
luisporras (2 stories) (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-08)
I can't offer an explanation either as it only happened once. I feel like maybe this was a glimpse of a different mom, maybe from an alternate universe or something like that because the pattern is there. My mom was coming from the kitchen, just like every night, but things were off just a little bit. The red nightgown and her not acknowledging me as she walked by. Whatever it may have been, thank you for the comment.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-03)
Weird. These types of stories are really strange. I have no explanation. I don't know if it's somehow an extension of the person's thoughts and patterns or is it a real entity?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: