You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Pressure?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Pressure?

 

I have had 3 encounters so far with what seems to be "Sleep Pressure." The first time I discarded thinking about it seeing as I forced my way out of it. I started to fall asleep a minute later and then it happened again. On both occasions I heard a powerful screech and opened my eyes as wide as possible. My television and my surroundings started to just get farther away. This happened a few weeks ago.

Just now I tried to fall asleep and the same thing happened. This time though I heard another powerful screech that rose into a loud scream. My surroundings got farther away from me than the last times and a red-orange spiral seemed to go on and ending in a pair of bloody red eyes. I don't remember how I got out of but now a few hours later I still feel weak and like something is pressing down on my arms. I need help. How do I stop this or at least prevent it? Is there a way of getting out of it quicker?

Every time this happens I am extremely weak during this instance. I can't shout for help, move or even make slight movements. I managed however to let out a tiny shout than not even I could hear well. The force pushing down on me is immense, and while I hear the screeching I heard a loud rumble that makes it seem like the room is rumbling. But of course its not. Are there any real reasons for this? I mean I have lived in this house for 14 years almost and have never felt anything like this up until now.

Again please help. I fear trying to go to sleep now. I have told a single friend so far and read many other stories on this website.

Stay Safe, God Bless

~Guillermo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Slyrus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Try sleeping on your side or front. And get meds for the sleep paralysis but I agree and think that you have left out a lot of important details.
tweakskc94 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
I actually have the same problem,
Except I see a dark shadow coming closer and growing bigger while coming towards my bed.
Then it disappears and I feel like something is on top of me pinning me down, and I go to scream but nothing comes out... Eventually after struggling so much, I force myself out of it and everything goes back to normal.
I'm 17 years old, and this has happened to me ever since I was about 6 or 7... I told my therapist about it, and they sent me to a behavioral health clinic... The doctor said I most likely had sleep paralysis because of so much stress, anxiety and depression...
They put me on a pill called citalopram/celexa and ever since then it went away.
chimpboy96 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
wiggle your toes... Keep wiggling because it seems like that's the only body part most easiest to move... That's you
gainin control in the dream...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Where, are the events occurring, and under what circumstances? You're leaving out a lot of the finer details, including the times.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
What you are experiencing is sleep paralysis and there are some things you can try to overcome this condition... First of all, you must understand and accept it is a medical condition recognized by the medical association and documented all over the web for anyone to research... These experiences occur to thousands and thousands of people all over the world every night and sometimes day... And understanding this is the first step to overcoming this condition... There is a gland with in our brain called the penal gland and its job is to bring us in and out of our dream state and back round to our awakening state of mind with conscious perceptions so we can function through the day basically interacting with in a black and white world so to speak... Now for the grey area, That period of time, we linger between being awake and being asleep causes many many experiences and sleep paralysis is one of them... Consciously you are aware of what's going on, but subconsciously you are still dreaming... And if you are the type of person that does get frighten with the paranormal, lights out etc... Then you are a prime subject for your own subconscious to unleash the bogeyman during this grey area period I'd previously mentioned... Most of us have experience S/P once or twice in our lives and yes once upon a time these experiences frighten the daylights out of me... Then I tried step 2...reverse psychology... Enjoy them, yes I love them and the last time I had one... Which was about 7 months ago I got a little excited, seriously cause I wanted to put some of what I have been saying here for the last couple of years to the test... As I was having it, I thought to myself you beauty, this should be fun and before this experience could terrify me any more (not) it just disappeared all together... It just lost all power and paralysis as my conscious mind was taking control of the situation... I was able to open my eyes quickly and it only lasted for a few seconds, then rolled over and sleep like a baby for the rest of the night... Take it from me... These experiences are all in our mind... Step three; eat well and don't eat or drink especially coffee around bed time... Eating well causes our internal organs less stress allowing us to sleep better... Step four... Be more active through the day... Exercise and have a good workout so by the time your head hits the pillow your out like a light... Step 5; don't watch horror movies or come here reading up on demon stories... Cause what you are doing is feeding the bogeyman with in... Who loves giving us a fright in that small window of time called sleep paralysis, step 6; go to bed at he same time and wake up at he same time... If you are have interrupted sleep cycles, this will put you in that transitional state of mind which is a grey area hard, confusing realities and terrifying tales... Best wishes let us know how you go.

Daz 😁
BooDoll (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
All I can really tell you is to pry while this is happening to you
jesuis88 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Slyrus, I can definitely understand that you are scared and confused. Like everyone has stated, you are probably just experiencing sleep paralysis. However, I want to add that in order to save a visit to the doctor (and the visit fee), I suggest you take a few moment of your time to do some free online research, and as generalchaos suggested, try WebMD.

A lot of people experience sleep paralysis due to common, related issues of stress, anxiety and/or disruption of sleep pattern. Otherwise, you could just have a medical condition that affects sleep, in which case you would have to seek a doctor.

The last thing you want to do is be afraid to sleep. That will only worsen your situation. Try meditating or doing something calm and then sleep. Maybe a good weekend of sleeping in is all you'd need. I hope the best for you.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Slyrus--Have you anyone to witness these attacks to add objective information? I can see how they would alarm you, it may be a matter of a physical problem which your brain is trying to illustrate in order to make sense of. I strongly suggest you have a thorough physical examination as a first step towards understanding. Good luck and good health. ~ James
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
their are meds that can help but can cause things to worsen the first week or so, see your Dr. First and they will understand, tell them you might be experiencing sleep paraylsis and all your other symptoms. Alot of us have had sleep paraylsis and it is scary as hell and yours sounds like the worst I have ever heard about. I am concerned about the pressure your feeling and the weakness after this happens as it sounds like a heart attack. I am not a Dr. So don't let me scare you but you need to go see one ASAP.
Keep us posted.

Champion
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Yeah, this sounds like really intense sleep paralysis, combined with nightmares. I agree, go to your doctor. That should always be the first course of action for sleep paralysis victims. It sounds like your encounters with the sounds and the visions are really intense nightmares. Medications can help with that as well. Good luck!
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
There are some treatments for sleep paralysis. You can go to your doctor and try anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications and see if that helps at all. (Look up Sleep Paralysis on WebMd for more info)
FrizB (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Don't sleep on your back. Sleep paralysis happens most often when people sleep on their back.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: