You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Door

 

A few years ago I lived in an apartment with my mom, I was an only child and my parents had been divorced for some time. I had a habit of staying up late at night usually until 1AM. One night I wasn't to finish up a writing project I was working on. I went into my room at about 11PM and work on late into the night. In the middle of working my door suddenly opened, I looked at my clock noticing it was 3AM and called out, "I know mom I'll sleep soon."

With no response I looked at the door, it was cracked open, I walked over it peaking out into the hallway, seeing nothing I closed the door figuring it was the wind. Less then a minute after closing it the door opened again, I quickly closed it again figuring I hadn't shut it hard enough. The door opened a third time, at this point I was getting a little freaked so I ended up barricading the door.

After that everyone was pretty normal... Unless I happened to stay up until 3AM at which point the door would open almost exactly at 3AM. However if I were asleep at the time the door would be shut in the morning.

One day, I was in my room and at 3AM the door began to open... I looked at it not wanting to bother going to shut it. After another few minutes of working, I caught something out of the corner of my eyes, it was a quick movement and by the time I could move my head the door was being shut in the distance.

This freaked me out, I had thought that this was just some strange doorknob thing at 3AM but it seems that then it closes itself... Which means that the door could be opening without my knowledge every night.

I eventually started barricading the door before I slept. But even so in the morning every once and a while the chair would be slightly moved out of the way.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, drscarecrow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
hi there drscarecrow have to agree with darkness and dragonstorm, the use of a ouija board is a bad idea! Please read some of the stories here about them things and make your own mind up on that score.

There is a lot of stories on here to go through but you will notice most if not all ouija board stories are not good ones!

Now like dragonstorm said try talking to whoever is opening your door, it sounds like a spirit that's just curious and being nosey to be honest try an evp and see what if anything you get, it might take a few trys but you never know.

One more thing I have to say don't use a chair against your door, it is dangerous! I hope you never have anything happen but imagine a fire broke out in your home, a simple chair under the door nob could be a huge hazzard in an emergency.

Anyway like you say sometimes its moved anyway so it is not doing what you want anyway!

Please keep this up dated if you can 😊
Carl
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
For the love of all that is sacred to you do NOT tak the advice of using a ouija board, as DARKNESS has said it will only open up more doors for you and not good ones!

So far it does sound pretty harmless and simply curious about you, I would try the EVP, even talking out loud always helps they feel acknowledged and feel contented with that.

Let us know your progress if there is any 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Firstly don't try using a ouija board as RosemaryKin97 mentioned this will no doubt only cause more problems.

Did your home have an automatic airconditioning or heating appliance that may come on at around this time, or any other electrical devices? Its just good to check because other things may be the cause of this.

It is creepy, if the above does not play any part I would suspect something having an interest or was curious about you or maybe what you were doing up at that time. Did your mother ever experience anything whilst you were living there? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
jesuis88 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
I agree with lynrinth. There was definitely something weird going on, but nothing explicitly supernatural.

Did anything else happen before or after these events? Judging from your tense, you used to live there but no more. Has anything unexplainable occurred at your other residence (s) since this?
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Well, so far, all you have is your bedroom door opening at 3am, it closed once by itself, and you're seen something out of the corner of your eye. Sounds pretty harmless so far. Perphaps just watch, observe, and see what happens next. My big thing is so long nothing bad happens. But it sounds like like typical ghost-wanting-attention so far. So, nothing bad. See what happens, then go from there. It seems harmless actually.

This comment from RosemaryKin97 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

haunted_childhood (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Before you assume it's a ghost, maybe you should check the door to see if it's level. If it's off balance, this would cause it to open "on it's own". I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as nothing has tried to harm you. And even if it IS a ghost, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one. Not all ghosts are bad you know. 😊
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
drscarecrow-that is creepy! Three in the morning seems to be the magic number when supernatural stuff happens. If you you want rid of it there are plenty of posters on here that know rituals that you can perform yourself. If you want to talk to it to find out what it wants you could try an evp session. Good story and I believe you, keep us posted.

Champion
TheTerminator4444 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
It's a poltergheist. They always move stuff around. They don't hurt you but they try to tell you something. Try to get a friend who can communicate with ghosts. 😉
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
That is strange, but maybe its just a shadow person? I don't know much about them, like if they open doors or not though. If its a spirit, maybe they want to tell you something? Let us know if anything else happens. Good luck!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: