You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Terrified Of Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Terrified Of Ghosts

 

I have a gift. I have always had this gift. I can communicate with ghosts, and they seek me out for help. One of my best friends is a ghost, and she is a wonderful person. But not all my experiences are so positive.

First, when I moved into the house where I am living now, I immediately felt a bad feeling. Like something was trapped here, and couldn't leave. I also felt like it needed help. Since I moved in, I have heard voices, seen shadows, and once when my friends and I were sleeping in the basement room (which, in my opinion, is the most haunted room since most things have happened there and that's where the bad feeling is strongest), we had many ghostly experiences. There was a shadow walking around the room, my friend Victor felt something lie on his leg, my other friend Charlotte felt a cold breath on her cheek, I heard my name called out several times and I kept seeing balls of light flying around the room. I also had very cold feet (it was winter) but couldn't move into a position where I could warm them because Victor had his leg partly over my body and I was afraid to wake him up. So I just lay there with my feet freezing cold, until suddenly I felt a little weight on them and the cold left in about two minutes! Like as if someone was warming them up!

I know that whatever there is in my house needs my help, because I'm the one with the psychic abilities. But there is one problem... I'm terrified of ghosts. So whenever I see a shadow downstairs, or hear a voice, I run back upstairs to find someone to be with. I hate being home alone, just because of the idea a ghost might come up to me and ask for my help. It even took me quite a while to get used to my ghost friend whom I mentioned earlier. What's more, I feel that the ghost/s in my house might get angry if I don't help him/her/them soon. I've been ignoring them for so long.

Don't get me wrong, I really want to help those poor lost souls. But the idea of being face to face with a ghost other than my friend terrifies me. I know I need to overcome my fear so I can help ghosts cross over, but how?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ebbas_angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
My Husband has the exact same feelings about Ghosts. I agree that it would be terrifying seeing Spirits everywhere. But, if this is a good Spirit, no harm will ever come to you. If you truly are concerned, and really want to help the Spirit needing your help, I'd say speak with a psychic/medium to help gain some tips. Also, protect yourself with protection prayers so that no negative Spirit can harm you or your family (or house) in any way. Don't use a Ouija Board though. Maybe ask the Spirit questions and maybe record your conversation. It's ok, it'll be alright. Feel free to email me if you need to.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
I have heard an alternate suggestion that the ability to communicate spirits isn't a gift, but an erosion of the barrier that exists to keep them from us.

Also, it is possible that some of these souls are not poor, or lost, but cursed because of their own malevolence and that they will often pretend to be children, family or some other 'poor' soul to gain your sympathy. That fear that you have might be well deserved and there for a good reason.

I would suggest that God has provided a rest for the dead and is able and willing to help them to it if they just ask. What is more likely, that He would leave a child to be lost, or that an unclean spirit who has no rest would pretend to be a lost child to find rest in you and your home.
darkbunny209 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
You don't need to be scared of ghosts it's ok my older sister is really scared and someone might of died close or in the basement hope that helped

~darkbunny 😊 ❤
mysticman1994 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Hello,
Well I undersand your fear very much. I also can tell you might be a bit afraid to confront a strange spirit because you arent sure of its intentions. Well it is smart to be a bit skeptical because evil spirits will try and gain your trust but like a few other people said it would be a smart idea to hae your spirit friend try and find out some more info because spirits can tell if another spirit is good or not normally. Another idea would be if you could possibly ask a team of investigators come in and see if they can help. And last, and this is probably the best idea is to face your fear. You need to sternly ask (but not yell, that could anger them) the spirit why its there, what it wants, and that you don't want them there. I recomend doing this with a trusted friend because its always good to have support.
Hope this helps!

MM
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
hi there ebbas_angel you should try using your friend /guide to help with the other spirits.

If you can see them/hear them they will be drawn to you, as you say for help.

When you feel frightened sit down get comfy and imagin a pure white light surounding you like a shield protecting you from what is frightening you then call your friend and ask her to talk with the other spirit to see why they are there.

Ou will get over this fear but it might take some time but just take it slowly.

Hope you keep this up dated if and when things change, good luck 😊
Carl
RougeWitch (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
❤ Dear Ebbas Angel
You have a great gift and I know how horrified you feel to try help the ghosts from your new home. You know that they might be demons and not just ghosts. When I feel scared I cast a circle of salt and I stay there until I feel I'm safe or I throw salt on me, it helps me. If you can't do it you better would contact a group of psychologists, mediums from your country. You might find someone in this site.Don't forget that spirits/demons feed with your fears... The more scared you are the more powerful they get.
If you need more advices or want to ask me anything you can contact me at: sister_of_the_craft [at] yahoo.com
I wish you good luck and take care of you.
... ❤ Bianca
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
I am siding with one point that lazria made. Maybe try and get your ghost friend and even a couple of living friends to help you confront this ghosts, and maybe through that you'll overcome this fear. Like I have heard before. The only way to overcome this fear is to face your fears.

Peace
JustCurious
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Best I can offer is to try and figure out why you are afraid of them. Did one scare you badly as a young child? Ask yourself why are you afraid of them? Don't settle for a vauge answer like because or they are scary, try to think what about them is causing this fear to override your desire to help them, when that is what you claim they want from you. Try to pin-point why you feel driven to help that which you are afraid.
Plus, if you have a "ghost" friend or even living friends who have experienced this, why not ask them for help confronting them? Strength can come from numbers, perhaps if you deal with them with help, your fears will be soothed and you can now offer them the help you want to.
Take care and good luck. Remember, you are only as afraid of them as you let yourself be.
darkfantum (44 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
ghost shadows are a common sight but id be carefull when contacting spirits

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: