You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Cat Is Terrified Of My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

My Cat Is Terrified Of My Bedroom

 

So I just bought a house not too long ago, back in November and I moved in. I've been pagan since I was about twelve so when strange things started happening around my new place in January I didn't really think much of it. I'm used to the ideas of spirits and ghosts that are still lost on our plain.

I just got a cat about a week back and he's really quiet, very laid back and lazy until I try to take him anywhere near the master bedroom, the one I sleep in. He growls and hisses, trying to get away and as soon as I let go he runs away and then just stands in the middle of the hallway. He hisses at the door and poofs himself up to make himself look bigger, like he's being threatened by something. I have to admit, the room is always a couple degrees colder than the rest of the house. No matter how hot it is in the hall or the kitchen and living room, the bedroom stays about the same temperature.

I was on my computer yesterday, it's in the corner of the living room on a little desk. I face the wall with the kitchen and hallway on my left and the front window on my right usually. Yesterday I was getting a bit cramped and turned in the chair to sit sideways, facing toward the kitchen. I was writing on my computer and playing loud music through my headphones. I saw something move in the hallway, but I ignored it, thinking it was the cat until he stood up on the couch and stretched. That same thing was in the hall and it was dark, so I couldn't really see. I don't know why, but I didn't want to get up and walk across the living room and kitchen to turn on the hall light. Something told me I would be getting too close. I sat there on the chair, staring down the hall and I noticed my cat was watching too. He had his ears laid back and his tail was twitching like something was aggravating him.

Like I said before, I'm pagan so I know that cats can see what I can't. I know that he knows there's something here with us, I'm just not sure if it's dangerous or not. Would he be acting in such a way if the entity wasn't harmful, or does he feel threatened because it's malicious? I was living here for almost four months before I got the cat and I never felt threatened until now. I don't even want to go into my own bedroom anymore.

I'm not about to try a seance by myself, I'm afraid it could be dangerous and I don't know anyone around where I live who would help me with that. I just want this thing gone. Even though it's doesn't seem to be a threat to me, I have a feeling it doesn't like the cat. Should I get rid of him, or is it the cat that's keeping it at bay? As long as the cat's around I feel safe. I don't know what to do, or what this thing could be, I just know it's moving further into the house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShadeSlovanika, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
I've heard lots of different reasons for the salt- some people say that the demon/spirit has to stop the count the salt before they cross it, which has always seemed a little silly to me. I am not sure of the origin of that.

What I hear most often is that salt stands for purity and the impure cannot cross it. Salt is a symbol for life.

I've also heard that is it is energetically pure and disturbs the negative energy of an evil spirit.

Really, I think that it depends on your own person beliefs.
WeScorchedTheSky (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
Can you tell me why you say salt keeps a spirit at bay? I don't get how a spiritual being would be affected by a physical thing like salt. The ones I've seen scare me a bit, although I know how to get rid of them. I just want to know why people say salt keeps them at bay.
ShadeSlovanika (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
BadJuuJuu- I meditate to clear my mind before I attempt any kids of spells, I was calm and collected at the time. There is pure salt on my window sills and in front of all my doors. There's a charm circle around my bed which keeps anything off of it that shouldn't be there. I have a bit of a collection of herbs, but nothing that could be used for door charms. I've been working my way through my book trying to find the proper spell that could possibly help me out. Thank you for your other suggestion as well, I will try it tonight.:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
I forgot to mention that sometimes the easiest solution is the most effective. I'm not a fan of communicating with ghosts and such, but sometimes just laying out some house rules is all it takes. "I acknowledge your presence, but this is my home. If you wish to stay, you have to follow my rules. If you can't follow my rules you have to leave." Lay out your house rules. Mine are simple, I don't care who hangs around as long as they make no attempt to harm or frighten any member of my household, including the furry ones. I know it sounds absurd, but sometimes it really is that simple. Sometimes the presence will bugger off as soon as the rules are set and it sees you mean business. Sometimes the presence will go along with the rules and be perfectly pleasant. If you haven't tried giving it the rundown on how things work in your house, it can't hurt to try.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Mmkay good. Not good that things haven't worked yet, but good that you're fighting.
I have a few more questions, because I'm obnoxious like that lol. When you attempted the cleansings, what was your state of mind? Were you calm and confident, or frightened? I know from personal experience that trying a cleansing while frightened doesn't work very well. The fear can undermined the focus needed to force unwanted presences out. I've wasted time and sage because I tried to cleanse our old place while frightened.
Secondly, after the cleansing, did you do anything to seal the house? A line of salt in front of each window and color that leads outside is one of my favorites. Those need replacing pretty regularly, especially with a cat around. You can also draw protection symbols in the upper corners of your windows with a dry erase marker, put the same symbols on the top edges of your doors with a sharpie. Those last longer, less noticeable as well. There are some plants that can shield a home when planted near doors, but I can't recall for sure what they are. I think lavender was one, but I've never tried the planting thing. No green thumb here.
Smoky quartz, I love it. Good for protection against negative energy. If you have a smoky quartz, cleanse it, charge it, and set it out in your home. Clear quartz can work as a stand in for smoky, and its easier to find clear.
Sorry to start rambling.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Hi ShadeSlovanika, so far you have lived there for 5 months, and nothing has happened to you directly other than your can getting upset and you saw a shadow. I initially thought along the same lines as ladyglow, but obviously you have already addressed that.

If I were you, I wouldn't panic too much, we don't know what animals can sense, whether just the knowledge of a spirit / entity being present is enough to upset them, or if its something as silly as your cat not liking the room just because it its cooler. I have cats, and I know how picky they can be about where they grace with their presence 😆

I don't know much about your belief system, but if it was me, and you wanted this thing gone, I would just systematically work through the various methods you have available to cleanse your home, as you have already started doing 😊
ShadeSlovanika (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
I've tried Candle cleansing in the bedroom itself, smudging, home cleansing with burning pine, juniper and cedar needles, I have three cleansing bottles in the places that feel most ominous, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not about to get rid of the cat either if I absolutely have to I will move. My cat is my familiar, he was born for me. He's taken to following me around the house now, he never leaves me except when I go in the bedroom.

There was another family here, but they didn't have any pets. I just found out that I live not too far from a graveyard so perhaps something was passing through and decided it wanted to stay. I've left my bedroom door open for the past week or so and I noticed that the cat comes in and sits near the end of my bed at around dawn. I was thinking that maybe whatever is in the house leaves then. A binding spell may keep it out, but I'm not sure.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
ShadeSlovanika: welcome to YGS.
Is your house new or was some one else living there before and had a pet? Perhaps your cat smells another animal's scent in your bedroom and is afraid of it.
Or it could be the spirit of an animal visiting what used to be its house looking for its family and trying to prevent your cat from invading its territory.
I do not know for sure if it is possible to help a spirit animal going into "the light" but if you feel threatened try doing a cleansing of your place according to your set of beliefs.
Keep us posted and thanks for sharing your story with us.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
OK. You say you've been pagan since around 12 and your information says you're a "young adult." So, you've been a pagan for awhile. Long enough to have learned to cleanse and seal your home. What methods have you employed to remove this entity from your home?
A seance isn't going to do a lick of good, even if you involve twenty people. Attempts at direct communication may only psych yourself out even worse, or grant an unwanted entity a foothold in your home. Either outcome is undesirable. I'm pretty floored that you would even consider the possibility of giving up your cat because something cruised into your house. You should be able to get rid of the entity and give your cat and yourself a comfortable environment. Really, dig into your background, look back on the lessons you've learned. Somewhere, if you've been serious in your pagan studies, you've learned how to deal with these issues. You just have to put it into practice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: