You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Lady In The Mountains

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Lady In The Mountains

 

This happened to my grandfather and I (in El Salvador) when I was 8 years old on a Saturday night. We were coming back from visiting relatives who lived up the mountain from us (about an hour in a half to a two hour hike). During the day is a beautiful hiking place, but at night is quite scary.

We ended up leaving my uncles place later then we thought (at about 8pm) but we were not worried since we had done this hike hundreds of times at all times of the day but never after 10pm. (according to locals is not safe to be out there after 10pm because of weird things that they have seen and heard.) Thankfully we were prepared for nightfall; we had our own flashlight, grandpa had a huge flashlight that was as bright as a headlight on a car! And our backpack had bottles of water and snacks. Well half way into our way back home was pretty scary, there was no moonlight so it was really dark, and only trees all around and a few homes here and there. We heard noises and other weird things but since we were in the middle of the mountains, we dismiss it and kept walking.

About a mile away from home things got very weird and spooky. We couldn't even hear a cricket sound everything just went silent. At this point my grandfather grab my hand and told me to stay close. I remember getting scare and worried, I looked at my watch and it was 9:15pm. I told grandpa and he said not to worry, we were almost home. I kept pointing my flashlight in front of me so I wouldn't step on something or trip over. Then about 20ft from us was this huge tree and it had a bow on it, which I thought was strange and so did my grandpa as he reply with "well that's interesting, a bow on a tree." Then to our surprise a woman wearing a gray or light blue dress, I don't really remember, was standing on the other side of the tree but with her back to us.

I told my grandpa why would she be out at this time of the night by herself, he said maybe she is lost or hurt, so we hurry to see if she needed help. We were about 10 ft away from her when she started walking, so grandpa yells, "hey excuse me miss are you ok? Are you lost... No answer. "Do you need help... Again no answer she just kept walking, (After you pass the tree with the bow about 5 to 10ft you go down the hill onto an open space with a few trees here and there and pretty flowers everywhere with a walking trail next to it). Standing on the bottom of the hill in front of the trail grandpa turn to me and said "come on honey we got to hurry I don't think she's ok. (He only turn to me for about a second or two) and when we turn back she disappear! We could not find her, we looked everywhere and no luck! There was no way she could of run that fast, the trail is pretty long and little trees scatter around, no where to hide even if you wanted to. Since grandpa had a big flashlight we had a good view of the landscape all around us but we saw nothing. We kept walking and still looking hoping to find her and help her but no luck.

Once we reach the town I looked at my watch and it was 10:15pm. I told grandpa how happy I was that we had made it just in time out of the mountains, yet still worried about what had happened to that lady. The next day grandpa told a neighbor of our incident with the strange woman and he interrupt my grandfather and said "are you talking about the big tree right before you go down the hill?" grandpa said yes why, our neighbor called his wife Susan over and begin to tell us about a murder that happen in that area.

On the Thursday of that week, a lady was walking home at around 8pm or so when she came across a man who try to rob her and since she fought back he stab her 4 times and she bled to death. She was found in the bottom of the hill the next morning. The killer was caught the next day drunk with a bloody shirt and hands with a knife in his pocket, people thought he was hurt but when they heard of the murder they turn him in and he did confess. My grandfather turn white and I didn't know what to say at all but feel so bad for her. The neighbor's wife Susan said that we were not the only ones that have seen her, a few locals have seen her walk from the tree to the bottom of the hill where her spirit always walks back and forth. The bow on the tree was put there on her behalf.

After that day grandpa ask if I wanted to go with him to leave flowers for her, though I was a little scared at first I agreed. When we were walking up the hill to the tree grandpa grab my hand and ask to pray for her. After leaving the flowers and sending our prayers for her we returned home. My grandparents say that until this day people still see her at times, I just hope that one day she's able to move on and cross over to be at peace.

Sorry it was long. And thank you for reading.

Looney.

Other hauntings by looney85

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, looney85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-28)
Sanchez_92
Speaking of the siguanava, my grandfather has stories about her. He has encounter her spirit several times. Is quite scary. Thankfully I have never seen her, and I hope it stays that way.
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-07)
For a second I thought you and your grandfather had seen the siguanava.
Im also salvadorian Btw.

Great story thanks for sharing it. 😆
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
Dear Debra,

I haven't heard anything about that, but it sounds interesting... I'm going to ask my parents maybe they know something about it. Thanks for bringing it up.

Looney 😁
osnapitsDebra (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
Hey looney85 since I'm half el salvadorean have you heard of a lady that looked like the virgin mary but when you get closer its not really her and that entity turns very ugly just asking 😊

-Debra ❤
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
TruthInDarkness thank you! And you are right! I have heard too many stories like this.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
Great story! Unfortunately, there are all too many hauntings caused by murdering the innocent. Thanks for sharing.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Macer, lol! Yup you are right! I just hope she does find peace one day. 😊
Macer_man (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Hey no problem. But yeah it may be a problem to get him there. Kind of hard when your in prison right. And whod believe you right?
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Macer_man, thank you for your comment and to be honest that sounds like a great idea but I don't think it would be possible but I'll definitely bring it up with my grampa. Thanks

Generalchaos, Great point! And yes we didn't know something like that had just happened or else I don't think we would of been hiking. My grandfather was just as surprise as you. Also the locals said they did see a woman walk back and forth in that path that friday night. Those mountains alone are very active until this day even though they have built roads now so people can drive up there.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Hi,
Ok - I might be reading this wrong (I am tired) but I have to ask for a little clarification.
You and your grandpa were walking through the woods on the Saturday after the murder? The murderer had been caught on Friday? And still the ghost had been seen enough that people had already heard about it?

Wow. That's *really* active!
Macer_man (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
amazing story Looney. I know you said everyone is trying to help her cross over. Call me nuts but maybe the one who killed her should go to the site and apologize, she probably hasn't crossed over due to unfinished business or possibly doesn't think the killer has been served enough justice? You said they found this guy drunk the next day maybe he was under the influence when it happened? So he could get more booze? Some people who are too drunk can do stupid things and maybe shes waiting for him to confess to her what he did and ask for forgiveness so she may rest in peace? I don't know just a suggestion
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Thank you Dan. My family told me that locals have tried to help her move on. I don't know how but I don't think is working since they still see her. But I do hope she finds peace.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
looney85: Thoroughly enjoyed your story was very well described. You and your Grandfather did a very nice thing for that poor woman, it seems as though she may still be confused as to what has happened and is still stuck in the area, and yet to move on. Hopefully she finds peace.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Dan
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
You are welcome Carl. And yes they are quite scary. My childhood was quite intense and full of paranormal that when people ask me about them, I don't know where to start lol 😆
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
thank you for the up date 😊
Look forward to your other storys hope they are as good as this one
Carl/taz
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Hello taz890! And thank you
Here is my grandfathers update of the story: He said they put him in jail. He told the police that at first he was just asking for some chain but something came over him that wanted more and even though he was very sorry and drunk at that time he couldn't stop himself and took everything she had. Not realizing he had killed her.

When they found him all bloody he kept saying "I didn't mean to do it! People were confuse and when they search him and found the knife in his pocket they all knew he had hurt someone. Once he was arrested he confess the whole thing.

I live in California and my grandfather is still in El Salvador, though a lot has change he saids there's more homes around that area and lots of people still see her from time to time.

A lot of people specially young ones have tried to communicate with her by trying to stay the night but at soon as 10pm hits they all have ended up leaving within 20mins. But there's a reason why no one should stay out in those mountains (a least be walking around) after 10pm. I will tell those stories another time.

Thank you all again! 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
looney85 that was a great story thank you for sharing 😊
Well everyone else has said the same thing I was thinking before me (again) so I will just ask what happened to the guy who killed her?
Carl
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
As for Amy185 if you have nothing positive to say please keep your comment to yourself!

Lou thanks for addressing that to her! I appreciate it.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Thank you all for the kind comments! My grandfather says that until this day she still not a rest even though those who know of the incident that happened there pray for her and leave her flowers so that big tree is always full or flowers.

Thank you all again! ❤
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Pretty sad, Amy185. It has been obvious from previous posts on this site that all you intend is to incite. Any particular reason you chose to malign a religion this time? Nobody states their religion and then proclaims what you did.

Is troll season almost over? I'm running out of goats.

Lou
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Hi looney85, great story and thank you for sharing it with us. It is sad to hear that the poor woman can not rest and walks the same path over and over again. I agree with the others who mentioned the flowers and prayers. You and your grandfather did a very nice thing for her. 😊 ❤
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
your home sounds like a beautiful place and the hike back and forth to your relatives sounds very relaxing. It is sad to think that the lady was probably just enjoying a nice walk in the mountains maybe going to visit friends or relatives or returning home. A prayer was very nice gesture. I would always stop on future visits to offer a prayer for her peace. Good story!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Like the others said, I feel for the woman who died. I hope one day she can peace. It was nice of you and your grandfather to say a prayer for her and leave some flowers.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
looney: Thank you for posting this... Stories like yours this is what this site is all about... I also like that you included a bit of history to help explain why the haunting occurs...

It was very kind of you to lay flowers and say a prayer for her...I'm sure she appreciated it...

Great story, and again, thanks for posting!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
I feel so bad for that woman. I hope she finally get some sort of rest one of these days.
Great story looney85
GIRLIE ❤
Madyrina (68 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
That is SO sad! I have to agree with Javelina, that poor woman, can you imagine walking back and forth on that path every night? That's just terrible.
Thanks for sharing, you told the story well.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
WOW! That is what I call a ghost story! That poor woman. Spending night after night walking that path back and forth? That is so sad.
Thank you for sharing this story with us. Stories like yours are what I come here for. And you did a wonderful job telling it. WOW!

Jav ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: