You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Red Haired Kid Or The Hanged Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Haired Kid Or The Hanged Man

 

Let me start off by saying this. The elementary school I used to go to was in New Jersey. It was a catholic school. I have lots of friends there that I have now on facebook. Anyway, I've had lots of encounters happen to me but these ones are by far the scariest. So before I start, let me warm you up on the topic. You all know what a spring show is right? It's those shows the school puts on in spring. All of them have singing and stuff. Oh and the ghost experience might be linked to this. Right when the building was created, it was made into a bowling alley. There was a kid who was really good at the bowling, until, surprisingly, he died. Now the rumor has been spread about strange sightings in the back of the gym and in the downstairs boy's bathroom. Anyway let's start with the encounters.

1st encounter - Ok, so everyone was lining up in the back of the gym for rehearsals. When a class was called, the class splits in half and goes from both the left and the right side of the stage. Now this was, I suppose, the 2nd practice for the show. We were all singing "I just called to say I love you" when I noticed something strange. All of a sudden I felt like there was a presence behind the curtain. Every time the music teacher called a break, I got out of my place and looked around. But this was terrifying! I Looked to my left, and what I saw was a hanged man. And no, I'm not talking about the character from the game Hang Man. I mean a real hanged man. He had Black hair, a brown type of jacket, jeans, and brown kind of shoes. His face was not visible because he was facing downward. I told everyone around me and they started looking at where I was pointing. They were surprised too but they kept their mouth shut. When we left the gym, everyone started to freak out.

2nd encounter - This was more of a thought than an encounter. But it was so real, I couldn't deny it. I brought a sandwich and some juice for lunch time. I was halfway done when I decided to look at the clock. The clock was above the kitchen window in the cafeteria and the encounter was above the clock. I looked over and it said no in lots of letters. My friend said he saw the wall say, "Get out, or I will kill you in 3 days!" Well my friend always lies about the paranormal, so he couldn't be trusted. But I was a hundred percent sure that the words I said were on that wall!

3rd encounter - Ok this one was not scary but it was kind of weird. It was the closest encounter, as in the encounter was really close to me. Oh and by the way, this was the same hour as the 2nd encounter. After lunch, I went to wash my hands and I kept looking at the roof, and I saw a shadow being walk across the water pipes that ran the urinals. And I mean literally walking! He didn't spread out his arms or anything! He just casually walked across the pipes without any problem. Then, when he was halfway through the pipes, he dissapeared. Then I ran out of the bathroom as fast as I could!

4th encounter - This one was by far the weirdest of my 4. This one is about the classroom door opening all on it's own. I knew that no one was outside, because if the door opens, one of us quickly rushes to the door to see if anybody is there, and we find nothing! I knew there was a window next to the boy's bathroom on the 2nd floor which is where the classroom is, but the window is at least 20-40 feet away from the door. And besides, the door was closed. None of us saw the door knob twisting or see a shadow in the window. The door just keeps opening all on it's own!

If anyone has any clue as to what this is, I need the information. I need to tell my other mates the story of this ghost. The mystery is about to be solved but I need your help! Please comment and tell me what this strange entity is! Is it the red haired kid or is it the hanged man? Please help me so I can tell my friends so they don't become freaked out too!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheTerminator4444, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
"The hanged man part was the most true part of the story!"
LOL
TheTerminator4444 (1 stories) (6 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
And no, this isn't a kiddy story, it was ALL true! And I have grown over the years! 😠
TheTerminator4444 (1 stories) (6 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
I swear, everything I said is 100% true! Was no pipe dream, There WAS letters on the wall, but it actually said, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The hanged man part was the most true part of the story!
Macer_man (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
I was reading everyone elses comments on this story. Wanted to make sure I didn't sound rude myself but I don't really believe this story. If I were to see a hanged man I'd flip out not just keep singing. But I guess you never know if anyone is telling fact or fiction right? Theres been a lot of stories I've read on here that I don't much believe either. But I guess I shouldn't be too critical seeing my story was very true as well.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Man oh man, this one was crazy. To bad it has to many holes to be believable. Better luck next time kiddo.

Peace
JustCurious
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Okie dokie. So what signicance is it that we know this building used to be a bowling alley? Does that make is understandable that a man hung himself there and is now reappearing during music class. Your reaction is a bit odd. If I saw a hanged man that was really a man hanging not even a ghost yet I would freak out. If I saw a ghost man hanging there would be no way in hell that I would just continue to sing away. Where is the redhead kid? I don't understand the writing on the wall. Why do we care about the signifcance that it was next to a clock? This story has too many holes for me. I am throwing it into the bog of eternal stench.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Although he must have been looking up at the hanged man, there was NO face, or on the clock, either.
The shadow in the bathroom was just a PIPE dream.
The kids didn't freak out because every Catholic student is trained to spell their religion with a small "c" and "its" as "it's" and they know better than to react or report anything to teachers or adults.
Perhaps this clears up some of the mystery intended to "bowl" us over.
Cheers.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
sarahmariacecilia, I knew something was familiar about this poster. Good catch, and I'm with you on it being a demon. The whole thing, every experience from 1-4 all demon. πŸ˜†

Miracles, maybe the kid he mentioned in the very beginning that was good at bowling had red hair. I'm sure he just forgot to mention it as he was rushing to make the deadline for submissions. LOL! πŸ˜†
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I tried to look for something about the red haired kid. But he was only mentioned at the end of the story, I think. Were we informed about this kid in another story?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+7
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Terminator4444 - if this mystery is about to be solved, why would you need anyone's help?

By the way, if there were lots of letters on a wall, chances are really good two of those letters might actually spell the word "no."

Did I miss the red-headed kid? πŸ˜•
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I don't understand this story either. I don't understand what you read on the wall. Did your friend die in the allotted 3 days? What message did you receive? That's nice that all your schoolmates are now on facebook with you, but we didn't really need to know that, did we? I agree in that the reaction to a hanged man was a little tame. Did you alert a teacher or anything? What happened at the end of this hanged man incident? This story has too many holes. I'm sorry, I don't buy it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I guess this is what you get for not making sense, not providing enough information, and not posting on your story.

Taz890 and Javelina,
It takes people like you to lighten up places like this when we get false stories.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+8
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I'm thinking this one is false, only because I remembered this author posting something strange before:

"Terminator4444 - Wrong prowler. It's a demon. Not a spirit. Spirits range from good to bad. But demons range from bad to unbearable. Demons are more stronger than spirits. They have the power to kill someone in only a few seconds! "

Apparently, the author already knows everything about spirits and demons so they should have no difficulty in solving this themselves.

So, Terminator4444, I'm going to say that everything you are experiencing is demonic, since that is the easy "go to."
πŸ˜• 😠
Sorry to sound rude, but I just feel like dishing you back what you give.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
know what you mean!
Fall and winter is so kid free on here 😊
Got to love them for trying though πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Thanks taz!
Caught my breath now, and am breathing easy. Can't wait for Fall.

Jav ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
jav sit back, take a deep breath, relax.
Better? Good now SLOW DOWN! Yes the kiddy stories on here are getting a tad too much but hun we all know you can spell quite well 99% of the time but you can let your hands run away with the keyboard.
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Oooops! I meant kids, not lids! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
O brother! Not soon enough for me!

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
taz,
I'm with you on this too. So when does summer end and all these lids go back to school?

Jav
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
[at] princess lotus
I know it was a short comment I left with questions but to be honest I was saying it was bull!

I don't expect answers but if they do come the op won't like the questions
Carl
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
All this is so confusing to me. I have to agree with Taz as far as the whole hanging man. I know if I saw that when I was a kid I would s#it my pants. Have you talked to any teachers about any of this? I would want to know what was goin down in my school. I really don't think y'all should freak out about it. Just ask for help from an adult.

~LSD~
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
ok why would anyone not say a word if they saw someone hanged?

Did you see no written lots of times above the clock? Your account is not that clear on this.

Personaly I think you and your friends have nothing to worry about,
That is except an over active imagination!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: