You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: New Environment, New Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

New Environment, New Bedroom

 

Before I start this story, I would like to state the road my house is built on, the land was previously a graveyard, it got demolished about 80-90 years ago.

Having just moved into the house there was a lot of boxes and bags lying around the house, including a large bin-bag at the end of my bed containing all my brothers toys in it like, toy cars and stuff like that.

I don't know the exact time of this, but I'm guessing it was around 1am-3am. My Mum and Dad was asleep in their room, and my younger brother was asleep in his. I was lay in my bed struggling to sleep as it was a new environment, new bedroom, not like my old one.

As I lay in bed, all of a sudden I began to hear a noise of a plastic bag been scrunched up slowly and then been released, and then again been scrunched up. I have to admit I got a bit scared, but I didn't think anything of it. About a minute after the rustling sound came to a stop, I heard another noise, like someone putting there hand deep into the bag full of toys, and then bringing it back out and dropping the toys back into the bag from a height, one by one.

At this point I began get scared, I had goosebumps on my arm, and all the hairs on my neck were standing, but I didn't want to look up towards the bag out of pure fear. I simply covered my head with the duvet and closed my eyes. One of my brothers toys included a "Buzz Lightyear" figure from the film "Toy Story". It had buttons on it, in which you press and it would speak, or make a noise. I heard one of the buttons go off, in which it said "To infinity and beyond!" (as that is what the character says in the film.) And from that point on, I heard nothing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaskedPsycho, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MaskedPsycho (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
I don't have any pets, and since the time I wrote this, we have moved house, due to the hauntings.
A few more encounters included,
-Doors opening and slamming at 3am sharp.
-Objects falling down the stairs, (The objects were not on the landing, they could either be from the living room, kitchen, etc, etc.)
-And according to my brother he has heard voices coming from the garage. Although he has only said he has heard them twice.
-I personally have seen a large black shadow, which was from the floor to the celing, it had no actual shape. But it passed through my room and into nextdoor. There was no cars driving outside at the time.
We had the house blessed 2 months after we moved in, and it had stopped the hauntings from about another 2 months. But later returned.
Since all this, my family have now moved house, and we have witnessed nothing. It's a relief not to be in that house anymore.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Do you have any housecats living in the house with you? Just a thought.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
MaskedPsycho,
OK, you got me with the Buzz Lightyear doll. "To infinity and beyond!" That cracked me up! I'm sorry if you were scared, but I don't know if I could have held back the laughter at that point. If this was a spirit, you have to wonder what it thought at that moment too. 😆
Has there been any other activity since then?

Jav
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Like the previous posters stated, this could have been a mouse or you brother. Or do you have any pets?

Did anything else ever happen there that would make you believe that this was paranormal?
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
I am thinking the obvious, but are you 100% sure your brother was asleep in bed and didn't get up to get some toys?
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
It could have been a mouse in the bag of toys moving around and causing the noise. I have had my share of trouble with mice and thought the same thing as you and upon investigating the noise it was a mouse. My son has one those Buzz Lightyear toys and many other electronic toys that have scared the crap out of me when they go off in the middle of the night. I'm not saying that its not a spirit but you need to rule out all other things first.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
I am inclined to agree with unicorns_16 on this one, maybe it was a child spirit wanting to play. But, could've it been your brother or something like that trying to pull a prank on you?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
unicorns_16 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Interesting story you got there. It's probably a child spirit wanting to play with your brothers toys. It didn't seem like it wanted to harm you thought.

Anything else that happened? 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: