You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Attacked Me In My Parents House

Real Ghost Stories

Something Attacked Me In My Parents House

 

After going out the other night and chatting to someone for awhile, we ended up talking about paranormal things. A bit weird out in a club. I remember we started talking about it after telling her I have a brother with Down syndrome, and she saying that she has worked with people with that condition and weird things tend to happen around them, such as paranormal events/activities. Since around the age of 8 (21 now turning on 22) a few years after moving into our new house my brother has always talked to someone called Max, even now but when ever we went somewhere for a holiday or just the shops he wouldn't talk to or mention Max. I always thought that it was an imaginary friend of his until the end of 2010.

Anyway, it was between Christmas and New Years my parents and my Down syndrome brother went to Melbourne to see our relatives, so they asked me to house sit for them and look after their dogs (moved out of home about 6 months prior). And of course I said yes. I stayed there a few nights in my mothers room, and every night I would wake up at exactly 2am covered in goose bumps and a weird tingling in my body. I didn't think much of it at the time because I thought it was the air-con was on too cold, so I just brushed it off.

The next night was different. I had an eerie feeling before I went to bed, so I let my parents dogs stay inside for a bit of comfort, then I went to bed leaving the door wide open. Again I woke up at 2am with the same feeling, but it felt like someone was in the room watching me, so I quickly got up turned on the lamp, looked around to see nothing. I then and turned the main light on checking the cupboards, under the bed, everywhere and everything in the room, then went looking throughout the house. I thought someone had broken in, so then I went back to bed to have the same feeling, then repeated my self over, then found my self back in bed.

The second time going back into the bed, something happened. I have never been scared like this or felt anything like this in my whole entire life. It happened as soon as I turned off the lamp and laid down, I felt a big sharp pain pierce my chest, then an enormous amount of pressure through out my chest. I tried moving my arms and legs but only to fail, I tried to scream and nothing came out. As I looked up it seemed like the room had actually gotten darker. All of a sudden I felt this hard painful pressure on both sides of my head like it was getting crushed in a vice and excruciating high pitched loud ringing in my ears. I literally thought to my self "this is it I'm gone". Then the dogs came in barking madly running around in the room, then all the feelings lifted off of me. Then the dogs ran out the room through out the house for awhile and came back to me on my bed licking me and whining as if they were scared and looking after me.

I few minutes later, after the shock to my body had worn off and the tears of pain stopped, I quickly got up, grabbed the keys to the flat around the back where I previously use to sleep when I lived there, went inside with the dogs and closed everything up and slept on the floor for the rest of the night. I spent the remaining nights of house sitting sleeping on that floor too afraid to go back into the house at night. When my parents returned I told my mother what had happened and she believed me because things have happened to her in the past.

Of the 16 years I spent in that house I haven't had any experiences like that at all until those nights my parents where gone.

I remember one time I was talking about the house with one of the neighbors and they where telling me that the previous owners, the husband, whose name was Max (a coincidence with the possible invisible friend my brother has been talking to), of the family had passed away in the middle of the night of something, a man who was apparently in his 40's and was quite fit. So I thought to my self after the events, was it the husband who passed or was it something else? For certain I will never find out. Now every time I go visit my parents it feels like I am being watched from inside the house like I am an unwelcomed guest.

So if anyone has any answers of what this thing is, it would be much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bobdown89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

oceansea (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Did Max die of a heart attack? It could have been an empathetic pain you were experiencing, especially if he died in the room that you were in.
I am wondering why Max attacked females, you and your mom, and not the male, dad and brothers?
Maybe he dislikes females and you were a new target... 😜 I am kidding, but I hope for your mom's sake that everything clears up!
sailynh12 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
This might be a huanting and you can get seriously hurt if you anger the spirit. So ake care if yourself if you need any more info you can reach me at my email
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Not to sure what the pain and pressure on your chest was, it couldve been Max or something else

As to your brother, would he be able to explain what Max looks like at all? I only ask as I have a Downs sister in law and also know a few other Downs people so know that theyre not always able to express themselves as we do 😊
fllnangel17 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
I agree with Madyrina, as I have a hunch the Max your brother talks to/about is the same as the previous tenant Max. As to the pain... Not sure if it were an attack per say, maybe reliving the pain Max felt if he died of a heart attack?
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
That's scary, I don't blame you for not wanting to be in the house at night.

Maybe you can see if your brother can describe his Max to you and compare him to the neighbors description of the old tenant Max, and see if they match? ❤
Thespeedyhedgehog1112 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
woah that's scary! I have had similar experiances. Especially with the sharp pain.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: