You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Floating Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Doll

 

This isn't my first encounter with the paranormal, but I'm sure it's one that I'll never forget. I know my daughter won't forget it.

My daughter, Callie is only five years old. She was upstairs in her bedroom playing with her Barbies and her Bratz dolls. I could hear her talking from downstairs. I expected her to just be y'know, acting out things with her dolls and making them speak and whatnot.

I was downstairs gazing out the bay window in the main room watching my husband, Andy, drive off to visit his mother to help her move into her new house. As soon as my husband left, my dog, Kyo, began to bark at a corner in the office. My dog rarely ever barks. He only barks when something's wrong. I rushed over to Kyo and tapped him on the nose. I sent him outside. He knows not to bark. There was nothing for him to bark at anyway.

I slowly walked towards the corner Kyo was barking at. I felt around for something there. Maybe he had seen a spider web and thought it was something else? As soon as my hand went near the wall, there was a blast of cold air. I quickly jumped back and let out a little yelp. Kyo was still outside barking at the door trying to get in the house.

At this point, I was getting frustrated with Kyo. I rushed towards the door and slammed the door shut so Kyo couldn't see anything in the house and we could barely hear him. I leaned against the door and calmed myself a bit. The whole corner-thing frightened me a bit.

After a couple seconds of calming down, I hear my daughter shout from upstairs, "Mommy, where's my mermaid Barbie?" As I walk up the steps to her bedroom, I reply, "Darlin', it should be in your bathtub toys bucket." Callie walks out of her room and says, "No, Mom. I brought her in my room to play with."

I walk into Callie's room and gaze at all the dolls on the floor. I don't see her mermaid Barbie. "Callie, are you sure you brought it into here?" I ask once again.

I hear her gasp. Sounds like a happy gasp. I quickly turn my head to her and I see her pointing at the ceiling...

"Up there, Mommy. She's up there!"

I look up to the ceiling. There it is. There's her mermaid Barbie doll on the ceiling. It's just floating there. I scream at the top of my lungs and run out of the room pushing Callie in front of me. I look behind me and the doll drops to the floor. I let out another yelp and just run down the stairs with Callie.

I tell her to put her shoes on. I grab Kyo's leash and rush to the back door to hook him up the leash and slam the door behind me. As I'm running towards Callie who's waiting at the door for me, I hear five big slams. *BANG, BANG, BANG* then when I go to slip my shoes on, the last two bangs, *BANG, BANG*

I grab my purse. Callie, Kyo and I run out of the house and into the car. We drive away. I've never been so scared in my life. I've never experienced anything like this before. In the car, Callie started crying. She was terrified when she heard the banging.

I drove to my sister's house and stayed there for the rest of the day. When Andy got home, he called me on my cell phone. He asked where I was. I explained what had happened. He told me that I'm being ridiculous and he told me to come home. I refused. I told him I'm staying at my sister's for the rest of the week with Kyo and Callie and that he can stay there by himself.

And that's how everything played out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LovelyMarionette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
That would have scared the shiat out of me. But perhaps like Losthoplessly said. It was someone who liked to play and was sad to have their playmate taken away. Maybe another child, maybe something else.
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-05)
well...that would have scared the s**t out of me for sure. Of course, if my dog started barking at a random corner of my home I'd think something was up. Then again I am a huge believer in the paranormal as I have had my own experiences.
meow3 (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Wow! I'd have gotten the heck out of there too! I'm curious, after you left, did your husband see or hear anything?
PrincessAssassin (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
This story actually creeped me out a bit! Haha, I think maybe there was a spirit that, like others have said, wanted a bit of attention. I'm thinking (which means it may not be true) that when you were rushing out the spirit got a bit angry and banged... Or, maybe more than a bit. Anyway, good luck with that. And if it helps, I honestly don't think the spirit intends to hurt anyone.:) ❤

Much Love,

PrincessAssassin.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
If this was just a one time experience it could have perhaps just been a wandering spirit looking for a little attention, which it certainly got. Do you notice if your daughter talks to herself a lot? I also think you and your dog may have witnessed something outside aswell whether or not it is connected to what was inside I am unsure. Has anything else happened recently? Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Lovelymarionette,

Thankyou for sharing your story. I must admit, I too would have been spooked if I saw my daughters baby doll (she's too young for a Barbie!) floating on the ceiling!

Sometimes, spirits - not neccessarily malevolent - will try to play games with children. So you will hear of 'imaginary' friends, or toys playing on their own accord! I remember when I was young - my toy piano had a mid of its own! I heard it being played at night when everyone was asleep. I asked my mum about it when I got a little older and she said, she too heard the piano being played in the living room!

I am a little curious about the banging noise though - banging is normaly attribited to poltergeist activity. I wouldn't be worried just yet, but if your still afraid then I adivise a house cleaning ritual. Another poster on here by the name of Rookdygyn has a very helpful info on this.

I hope you can find answers on here, and thanks for sharing your story!

MSL
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Very creepy story, and I think I would have reacted exactly the same way. I think Kyo saw the spirit and that was probably why he was freaking out. And I agree, that the spirit probably got upset because you took its playmate away. Have you gone back home? Has anything else happened since? I would have been supremely pissed at my other half if I saw what you did, and he tried to make me feel crazy for it.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
This is an interesting story; the floating doll incident is freaky. LoveyMarionette - have you had any other paranormal experiences in this particular house? Did you buy any used furniture/antiques recently? Are you or your husband undergoing outside stress of some sort (family, work etc.)?

This comment from Carala11 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

emociara (8 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
when I was a little girl I used to play barbies an I had an imaginary friend named casey acey I met her when I was 5 years old and me an her played until one day she got mad at me because she wanted me to play outside with her but my mom and dad told me to stay inside so she ended up throwing a barbie at me an it hit me right in the face after that a few days went by I didn't see or hear anything from her then finally we moved out that house and a few years passed by an I found out a girl named casey passed away in that house I don't know how she passed away I just heard from the landlord she was 15 years old an my mom an our old landlord were friends his name was eric
Losthopelessly (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Honestly, I think this ghost is somewhat childlike. If it made your daughter laugh, then it enjoys playing. It threw a fit and began banging on things because you took it's playmate away. If it begins to get more vicious, I say tell it to leave. If not, you may just have a house guest.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
You shouldn't that scared I think LoveyMarionette. I mean from you told in your story, the ghost, or watever it was, wasn't hurting you or your daughter. It seemed to even make your daughter laugh, sense she did when she saw where the doll was.
Anyway try and look into the history of the house or just plain on and tell it ghost it's dead and to move on.
I don't know if it will work but you can try
GIRLIE ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: