You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: White Mist Or Am I Seeing Things?

Real Ghost Stories

White Mist Or Am I Seeing Things?

 

Guys I am so happy to post my real story on here. I waited for about a week.

Ok so this story happened 5 years ago I think. I was in a Christian camp and it was the last day of camp. There was a dancing contest where you have to dance until the end, I never got tired so I won 3rd place. It was late I think around 2 am or 3am, I can't clearly remember. I walked to the house my group stayed in, and brushed my teeth to get ready for bed downstairs. I was walking up the stairs and when I entered the room I turned to the wall to my right and I froze. I can't explain what I saw but it didn't scare me enough to scream. I wasn't able to move or talk, it felt like the time froze. I couldn't hear anything around me, and there were at least 2 girls in the same room playing but I couldn't hear them and they didn't see what I saw, they didn't even see me standing there staring at the wall.

So what made me freeze up is that when I entered the room I saw this about 2 feet tall transparent white mist floating across the wall. It was as if I was seeing the fume from boiling water. It was shifting slowly as it was floating. I could see the wall but it was no logical explanation of what it was. I know what I saw wasn't human made, or something that the girls made to scare me.

As I was standing there watching the white mist float across the wall I felt cold and warm air flow at me. I could feel the warm and cold air mixing around me.

I was able to move after that mist went to the other room where they keep cleaning equipment. When I was able to move I ran to my bed jumped in it and covered myself in covers, and I could hear the other girls play as if my hearing was restored or time was unfrozen. I was scared that it might come back but I fell asleep.

Can anyone help me and tell me if what I saw was paranormal?

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by lillithx33

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lillithx33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Debbie5612 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-14)
I felt just as you described it. I couldn't do anything when I saw it and no one else could ever see it. I must have been frozen with fear because even though I wanted to scream and run I couldn't until it left. My story is actually a little bit different because you saw it on your wall, but when I saw it, it was hovering over my bed and was fairly big and it actually started coming towards me and it surrounded me, but it never hurt me, but it only surrounded me for maybe a minute, but it felt longer. When it disappeared I got the courage to run and tell my mother. I know what I was real and but I didn't want to believe it. Sometimes I felt as if it would observe me or watch me because it would just hover across the room...
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
I would do what you and others suggested and do more research into the camp's history. Also try to find out what existed on those grounds before the camp was there. Even then, your answer will only be tentative unless you can go back there and either ask others if they've experienced anything similar or do your own investigation (with appropriate permission of course).
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
Missym. A clarification I said that there wasn't a rain because from what I remember cloud only form when the sun heats up the source of water and the well steam goes up to the sky where later it rains down some time afterwards. Also there is no way fog could of came into the room since all the windows were closed and I really really doubt that even if there was a small crack that it would manifest into a big figure as I saw. Also we were nto allowed to open windows and there were no way to open the winow since they took away all the handles so we wouldn't hurt ourselves if someoen decided to open a winow and sit on it. I am not 100% sure of what it was that's why I am still thinking of what I saw. I did not put it down as paranormal I just put it down as unexplained. That camp has rumors of haunting and even one of the houses has a girl ghost that apparently is haunting it. I never believed back then.
There is a church and it had a history of being bombed also a man hung himself there this exact camp used to be a camp for soldiers when lithuania was being occupied by russians and a lot of soldiers died.
I also heard some kids talking about seeing strange tihngs but I always thought that they were just stories.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Lillithx,

It doesn't need to have rained recently to have fog form. Fog forms when there is a difference of temperature between the ground and the surface air.

It seems that you have already convinced yourself that this was paranormal and no other logical explanation will suffice.
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Indigo. We weren't allowed to open any windows and before I entered the room I saw the 2 girls playing and they didn't see what was near the wall only I saw it.
The night was clear and there wasn't any mist also it didn't rain the day or night before so it couldn't be a cloud forming.
It felt as if it wanted me to see it I don't know how to explain but I felt like it wanted me to see it and wouldn't let me move or maybe it was my fear that made me freeze up.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
There could be a few explanations to your mist.

I have awakened from visitations (most of my clear visitations come in between asleep and awake) with mists or light shows along the walls, which other people present have seen as well. The mists are normally like a cloud forming inside, whereas the lights are like the glowing flashes of fireflies, except in many pastel colors instead of green.

Another explanation could be that someone had left a window open allowing fog to enter the room, which sometimes happens when you have a house in the woods. When you opened your door, it might have stirred the fog a bit making it dissipate and swirl a bit. The local legends etc might have caused you to think it was paranormal instead of mundane. Food for thought either way.
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Also the camp is in the woods near a small town. There were rumors about that camp being haunted and that someone hung himself near a church. I don't know anything more I guess since now I'm older and smarter I should do research on that camp.
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
[at] Moongrim It wasn't fatique and I am sure it wasn't a hallucination. The room was on the second floor. I wasn't tired at all to be honest. I was full of energy. The thing that I saw made me froze up it was weird. And now that I remember it send chills across my body.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
It could be paranormal, but not without actually knowing precisely every single event: the location of said room, the weather conditions, etc... I can only guess.
Or it could have been a hallucination brought about by fatigue.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: