You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Grandmother: Psychic Abilities Or Coincidence?

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother: Psychic Abilities Or Coincidence?

 

I have always been close to my grandmother and I know her to be a kind, funny and honest woman, but I can't help feeling there is something odd about her experiences. Let me explain; I believe my grandmother to be psychic.

My mother is originally from Yorkshire and at the age of 19 moved to London to work. My grandmother (my mother's mother) was in Yorkshire with my grandfather and uncle at the time. At 3am, my mother was walking home in a fairly rough area of London, having been a babysitter/nanny at the time. At 3am in Yorkshire, my grandmother woke my grandfather up and cried: "Something's happened to Flossy [my mother]!" This was before the days of mobile communication, so my grandparents had no way of reaching my mother except for repeatedly phoning her landline, and my mother did not get in contact with them for six hours. She had been badly mugged at precisely 3am. My grandmother dismissed it as coincidence.

When my great-grandfather (my grandfather's father) passed away earlier this year at the age of 96, my grandmother urged my grandfather to go and see his father. It being six in the evening, my grandfather said he would go to see him the next morning. My grandmother seemed disappointed with him. My great-grandfather passed away at 8pm that evening, peacefully sleeping.

I know it may like not much, but when my grandparents moved into their house, about fifty years ago, they were only the second people to move in. Previously, a couple had lived there for about fifty years, moving in just after the house was built. The husband was devoted, even growing a rose garden for his wife. He was killed in WWII and the rose garden was left untreated. She died alone.

When my grandmother was moving in, she entered the front bedroom and was surprised to see a old woman siting on a chair by the window. My grandmother was not afraid, for she knew that the woman - clearly a ghost - was good. The woman spoke to my grandma, saying: "This is a wonderful, loving house. You will be happy here. You will have three children here. You will die here."

I myself have experienced ghostly activity and I do believe that I have had a past life. Is my grandmother psychic? Or is it just an odd coincidence? My grandmother did have three children in her house, and it is believed that the woman who lived in the house died in that very room. Thoughts please!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ski221, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Ski221,
I also agree with Rook in your grandmothers case.
I've heard experiences almost identical to what you've described, that a parent has a feeling that something has taken place, only to find out later they are correct. I've had the same happen to me.
So Rooks explanation seems to fit very well.

Jav
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
The "insight" can be passed down from generation to generation. Some having a more powerful insight, or maybe just the ability to use the insight, than others. I do believe that your grandmother was insightful and it may or may not have passed down to you. Some people think that it is a gift, I do also believe that it is somehow genetic and innate. Some people go their entire life without accepting it. I am interested about your past life. Have you told that story yet? Thanks.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I agree with Rook, your grandmother is clearly "psychic" to the extent that she is so in-tune with her family that she can sense their strong emotions. Some have claimed that it is an ability passed down in families, either through nature or nurture, though I have seen other claims that it is a trait all mothers share if they don't repress it. Perhaps rather than psychic the correct terminology would be something like uber-observant. Some people may have the ability to observe so much better than others that they can see what others can't, including spirits of the deceased & disturbances in the energy connecting them to their loved ones. Whatever the cause, I would not ignore anything your grandmother says.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I believe there is a 'link' between Parents and their Children and even between Family Members that connects them and allows for the type of 'knowing' experienced by your grandmother.

She may not be sensitive in any other ways, but very 'in tune' with the Family 'energy' for lack of a better term.

As for seeing the former resident and owner of the home... That spirit may have wanted to ensure that a loving/caring couple was moving in and upon 'seeing' your grandmother passed on a bit of information.

It's hard to say if your Grandmother is truly a 'fully' developed psychic from what you have shared with us here. Are there other stories? Does anyone else in your family 'see/hear' spirits?

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
interesting post thanks for adding 😊
From what you say it does sound as though your granny has some kind of gift.
It is said that a parent usualy the mum will know if something is wrong with one of her children, they get a "feeling" that something is not right.
But to acctually see the old lady shows she is atleast open to seeing spirits atleast.

Has yoor mum ever mentioned seeing things or strange feelings?
It can skip a generation.
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: