You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Touch

Real Ghost Stories

A Touch

 

My grandma lived in an old two-story house in Oklahoma. My sisters, cousin, and I pretty much grew up there. The upstairs rooms always seemed creepy to the four of us. We never wanted to go up there, it always seemed that someone was hiding and watching when we would go up there.

It has been told that there was a woman that lived there before our grandma. The woman was always looked as if she was depressed and always stayed to herself. One night, she was seen walking down the road towards the train tracks. She stood on the tracks and was hit by a train. People would say that her spirit was still in the house and that at 10:00 pm every night you could hear a woman scream.

Our grandma told us nothing like that ever happened. It was just a story to keep all the kids in the neighborhood off the railroad tracks, and if we did hear anything or sensed anything it was just our imagination. Nothing was ever mentioned anymore about the woman and we never mentioned the uneasy feelings we would have of being watched; anyway, not to an adult.

Our grandma passed away my senior year in high school. Not too long after I graduated I had gotten married. I and my husband at the time was looking for a place to live, his sister was living in my grandmas' house at the time and said we should talk to the owner cause she was fixing to move. We talked to the owner and everyone came to an agreement that my husband and I would take over paying the rent and move in as soon as my sister-in-law had moved. A few months later we had moved into the house and everything seemed to be fine.

I had a job working in a nursing home while we lived in the house. I found out from a nurse that lived next door that my grandma had passed away in that nursing home. I learned how bad things had gotten for my grandma before she had passed away.

A few months later I had hurt my back from lifting a patient. I called into work and told them I wouldn't be coming to work that night. Later that night after I had gone to bed I was laying on my side facing my husband. I was having problems going to sleep because of my back hurting so bad. After about 30 minutes of tossing and turning, I felt as if someone had sat on the side of the bed. I didn't move or anything just layed there. A few minutes later, I felt a hand on the lower part of my back and a warm feeling like a heat pack. This lasted a few seconds and the pain was gone. I then felt the person get up from the bed. At this time I was curious, so I looked over my shoulder and saw a shadow going up the stairs.

Other hauntings by cherokeekydd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cherokeekydd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Thank you
Metalmomma for your comment
I would like to think it was my grandma, but really can't say scince I just seen a shadow going upstairs 😊
metalmomma3 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
I really liked reading your story! It is comforting to know that may have been your grandmother beside your bed that night. I had a similar experience while pregnant with my last child, during that time my mom passed away... I truly believe our loved ones can return to comfort the living:)
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
just habit of putting louisiana on everything scince that is where I currently live.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Just out of curiosity if this all happened in Oklahoma, why did you list it as occurring in Louisiana?
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
hey zeta,
No,I never did... The man that owned the house said there was a lot of history to it. My aunt did some research years ago, and said there was a lot of information she found of the area, but she never found anything about the woman.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Thanks for sharing that very insightful experience. I would guess that the lady, whom was hit by a train, could have been the one who "healed" your back pain. I think that if you always felt as if you were being watched in that room, even when your grandma was alive, that it was probably the depressed woman who watched over everyone. The depressed woman had recently lost a member of her family and purposely was hit by the train. But she was still concerned and looking out for people. Have you ever looked into the truth to that story? Old newspaper archives, deaths, etc. Just wondering. Anyway, the story had a good outcome and that is really enlightening. So many stories, some of mine included, have a scary or horrible outcome. I like to think that the spirit world is just like the human world... Has good and bad.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Oh I see, I agree it would be very interesting to find out why so many people do not stay for very long in that residence.
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I don't live in the same state anymore so not really sure if other people have had anything happen to them or not, me and my sister went back for a visit several years ago. The house was still standing, we also got to talk to the neighbors they said no has ever stayed in the house longer than a couple of months. It would be interesting to know why no one stays longer, have my ideas why but can't say 100% sure if it is or not
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I liked this story, I hope it was your grandmother giving you some comfort, has anything else happened in that house after that incident? 😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Thanks for your reply cherokeekydd, I completely understand now. I understand that it would be hard to see your grandma in that state of mind.
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I believe it could have been someone else other than my grandma cause all I seen was the shadow, also before I had moved in and my sister-in-law was living there her oldest came and talked to me one day... They had made bedrooms out of the upstairs and her daughter had told me that when they would go to bed that she would wake up in the middle of the night and see someone sitting on the edge of her sisters' bed and when she would go and turn the light on it would be gone. I was told about a lot of stuff that they experienced there and that's why they had moved.

Thanks for the comments 😊
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
It's nice to think that it could have been your Grandmother who fixed your back. ❤
I'm not saying that it wasn't either. But you did mention that you always felt the upstair rooms creepy, like something was up there.
Do you think it may have been someone else? Maybe someone that was there long before your Grandma's passing?
😕
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Very interesting story. I like reading one of these stories every now and then that isn't negative. It must have been an awesome experience.

-Jake-
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Hey bacchaegirl,
I was in foster care for awhile, and was able to go and see her a few times when she had first gotten sick. But when she got to the point of not being in her right mind the rest of the family requested that the grandkids not be around.

Thank you for your comment
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
That's pretty neat that your grandma seemed to come back and comfort you. It was an interesting story. But, and I hate to be "this girl", but I'm confused about something. Forgive me if I'm being too personal, but how did you not know where your grandma died? Were you out of touch with her in the final years of her life? It just seems odd, the revelations you had about her death.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: