You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hide And Seek Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Hide And Seek Hauntings

 

So it was a sunny day in August and Me, my little brother and our two cousins were playing hide and seek. Very not spooky right? This isn't the first time I've seen a ghost but that is different. Anyway, it was my turn to count so I picked a really obvious place so that I could see everything. So I counted to 100 and looked around and I thought I saw one of my cousins. So I followed them into the darkest corner of the little wood behind my Gran's house.

I looked into the corner but my cousin wasn't there; it was a white figure. It was staring at me like it was happy to see me. It was very tall with long flowing hair. I knew it was a woman. She opened her mouth to say something but no words came out. We stared at each other for about 5 minutes until she walked past me with her hand out to touch me but she hesitated and disappeared.

I found my relatives very easily as they were together. So after, I went to see my Great-Gran who lived there since 1930 and asked her about this woman. She said it was my late Great-Great Grandmother who lived there before and that she had always wanted Great-Great Grandchild.

I was shocked about this. I went straight to the place where I had seen her. My Great-Great Grandmother was no where to be seen. I haven't seen her since but I have heard some strange sounds around the corner but I don't particularly want to do there again. Why? Because is shocks we that she knew who I was so I feel if I have a connection with my late relatives.

Marcus.

Other hauntings by EvilMadness

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EvilMadness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
a very sweet story, how lucky you were to see your great great gran
EvilMadness (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
stephyw2001: thx for the comment I really appreciate it!
How she looked is kind of what I imagined her but my Great Gran said it was her so I was amazed but thx for the nice comment and to the over people who posted comments and are reading this thx for all the nice comments!
😆
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I like this story! (I didn't take it that you were afraid just shocked). I'd be shocked too! How neat that you were able to quickly identify the spirit and she was family! I'm glad she got to meet you, maybe you were what she was waiting for before she could move on! ❤
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
This is a very sweet story. What I wouldn't give to have the opportunity to see one of my ancestors! I'm glad that this experience wasn't unpleasant, though it may have been frightening and puzzling at first. She sounds like a lovely woman.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I agree with the others. This does not sound like a hostile haunting in any way. I think she really wanted to say something to you but she was afraid of scaring you. Hopefully she will be able to move on, now that she has seen you?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
From what I can make of this I don't think that you should really be afraid of her, she sounds like she is watching over you with love, and if you acknowledge her and her love I am sure she will be like a family guardian angel to you and your family. 😊
Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Hi Marcus. That's a touching story, and it seems like she was really quite happy to see you. Try not to be afraid! Seeing a deceased family member is a blessing, and one that not too many people are lucky enough to encounter 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: