You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hide And Seek At My Aunt's House

Real Ghost Stories

Hide And Seek At My Aunt's House

 

I have had a few experiences in my life, and will be recounting them over the next few days.

This particular experience happened when I was about 7 or 8 years old. We (my mom, younger brother and I) were over at my aunt's house for an afternoon visit.

One thing you must know about my aunt is that she has apparently always had a spirit following her. She has moved house plenty times, but he comes with her always. I obviously didn't know this as a young child. I don't think I would have gone to her house if I had known!

My brother (he was about 6 years old then), my cousin (also 6 years) and I decided to play hide and seek. My mom and aunt were sitting outside on the front porch. My cousin and I were to hide away, and my brother had to count to 10 and find us! We hid in my cousin's bedroom. There were 2 single beds against each side wall of the room, and we each hid under 1 of them.

We could hear my brother walking around the house looking for us! I remember how much I was enjoying this little game and holding in a giggle! We heard my brother coming down the passage, and at the bedroom door, he stopped dead in his tracks, and sort of, flew backwards into the wall! He got up real fast and ran outside! My cousin and I couldn't understand why he hadn't come in looking for us, and went out to find him as we had gotten bored of hiding for so long.

My brother said that when he had got to the bedroom door, he was about to go in, and something pushed him so hard, he fell over and hit the wall. He was really frightened and had to get outside!

Strange hey!?

Other hauntings by beautifuleden

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beautifuleden, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

-ghosthunter- (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
I've heard of stuff like that happening to other people before! I've even seen it in a horror film! If I were you I wouldn't worry because It's probably just a polterguist. 😲
PeachyPumpkins000 (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
It sounds to me as if your aunt's spirit was trying to get in on the fun by preventing your brother from entering the room, so he would not find you and your cousin hiding under the beds. Though the spirit didn't seem to mean much harm, he scared your brother in a very harsh way. And like Wondering1, I'd also like to hear more about your aunt's spirit. ❤
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Very strange, indeed! I don't know a lot about the paranormal or supernatural. I pretty much only know what I've experienced myself and what I've read on this site.
I've been amazed after reading these stories, how common these experiences are. No one in my family, (besides my husband and my older brother, on one occasion) has admitted anything in their lives that they can't explain or that has frightened them.
I'd like to hear more about your aunt's 'spirit' 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: