You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of Dead Husband

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Dead Husband

 

I rented a room from a woman in central Connecticut for a period of time. The house, which was built in the 30s, had a bad vibe that revealed itself over time. The woman had been married to a man who evidently abused her. I spoke with her current boyfriend who described the man as having an "aura of evil". He also said that her neighbors had described the man as "evil". My landlady did not say much about the dead husband, who apparently had heart problems she had nursed him through. But some of her comments about men in general were revealing.

I am a "super sensitive", quite empathic, and an emotional sponge. I began feeling a real darkness in the house, which had a great deal of clutter. I was often afraid to go downstairs at night when the woman went to visit her boyfriend. When I was in the livingroom I felt someone standing next to me and fled upstairs. The house had an aura of stress and toxicity that others picked up on.

In the basement I found the words "f---" and "blood" spraypainted behind the stairs. I still have no idea what that was all about. I invited my priest to come and bless the house, which he was nice enough to do. Unfortunately the heavy feeling in the house persisted. I often prayed over the house, as it had such a bad and increasingly negative vibe.

The room I stayed in had been my landlady's former bedroom shared with the husband. For a period of a couple of weeks I felt the room growing colder and colder. I was unable to sleep. Finally one night I woke up at around four am - I almost always check the clock when I wake up. I turned over to see a man, lying on his side, staring at me at the far end of the room. He had curly hair and was lying next to the round mirrored table there - all of the furniture in the room was the landlady's.

I screamed bloody murder and flicked on the light. He disappeared.

This is the scariest thing that has ever happened to me and it is entirely true. I have not had a repeat incident. I moved out of the house shortly thereafter.

The capper to all of this is that I asked the boyfriend of my landlady what the ex-husband's hair looked like. He told me it was dark and curly. I believe whatever I saw was either the man's ghost or that somehow I conjured up the darkness that used to live in the house placed there by this abusive man. I am a Christian and feel that somehow my beliefs "called him out", if you will.

Other hauntings by priestessblue

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, priestessblue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

priestessblue (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Hi Elle

Thanks for your very wise comments. I think you are absolutely correct. She still was tied to him but was unconscious of it basically.
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
I was stricken with the thought just now that you had a priest come bless the house without the woman of the house being present. The toxicity you were experiencing was between the deceased and the woman, so any blessing given is rendered useless without her consent and willingness to rid of it herself. Her emotional tie with this entity (assuming it was her deceased husband) was giving it permission to continue. This is true even when dealing with the living.
priestessblue (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Miracles and Mountaineer:

I'm not sure what to think of that episode. The pictures on the phone were really creepy - the weird one that looked like a dragon made out of light. However how do we know they aren't faked? Why didn't they interview the priest/minister who came to the house? I don't know if these women just wanted attention or had a significant experience because the corroboration was really not very strong at least to me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
priestessblue - I saw the poltergeist episode of Paranormal Witness and enjoyed it. Maybe I'm a fool, don't everyone jump at once here 😆, but I believe these people went through one horrific experience. Of course, for ratings, the producers would have "enhanced" things, but I still think they had one hell of an experience.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
[at] Priestessblue: yeah I watched the first two episodes of that show. I personally found the poultergheist one a little hard to believe (not as hard to believe as the glowing pear that attacked the police helicopter with balls of green fire of course), but I'm a naturally skeptical person. Then the apeman part of the second episode...it's not a show devoted to ghosts exclusively that's for sure.
priestessblue (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Indigo, no offense taken, just wasn't sure what you meant and initially thought you were judging. Thanks for the clarification. I see there are people on this site with a lot of interesting information about the paranormal world. Incidentally I am wondering (if anyone reads this) if anyone watches the SciFYI channel show "Paranormal Witness" and saw the episode with the poltergeist, the pictures scared the hell out of me. Blessings.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Lol thanks rook. I'll snap out of the brain funk I'm in soon I'm hoping. Geez. Email me some ibuprofen and a stiff drink already. I'm tired already
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Indigo,

Ummm...Intelligent need not solely be 'Human Spirit' in nature... Merely a Spirit / Entity that is able to interact 'in the moment'. It's not the 'playback' of a 'highly charged' moment in time. Just sayin... 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
And, when we say intelligent haunting, it means that the entity does certain things to suggest that it was, in fact, human. Talking, answering questions, moving things, responding to voice stimuli etc. Residual or 'recordings' are like a moment frozen in time, much similar to a video or audio recording, except this type of haunting appears to be recorded onto space itself. And, btw... Just FYI, there are a few members of the Christian faith (and very similar) here that have priesthoods and priestesshoods which is the reason I noted the Christian + priestess combination in the first place.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Ummmmm...and if anyone else that I haven't apologized for my posts being a bit blunt here lately...they'll go back to normal in a few days. Sorry guys, I'm working on a couple of cleansings, one pretty major one, andim just a bit tired, so things aren't coming out the way I mean them to sound... And being in type, they don't have that personal 'tonal' inflection that they're meant with.
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Lol geez I wasn't "judging the Christian" here. I simply made note of it. I actually thought it was pretty cool, as it's nit something you see every day. Anyway. Nice to meet you. No offense meant, sorry you took it as judgmental. You'll find I'm one of the least judgmental people in the world, lol. (when I'm AM being judgemental, trust me, you'll be well aware of it).
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I think the word "intelligent" used here is referred to intelligent haunting.

Intelligent hauntings are those in which ghost interacts with the living. The spirits are aware of their surroundings and are able to make contact with people here on our earthly plane.

Versus a residual haunting which is an event being played over and over like a broken record. Violent events can leave an imprint in the house causing the event to replay itself over a period of time. I think the reason why Indigo and DragonStorm are saying it's a residual haunting and not an intelligent haunting is because the spririt that you see doesn't seem to be doing you any harm besides showing himself. It could be that the violence that occurred at the house had such negative energy that it imprinted in the house causing you to feel the negative energy now.

Has anything else happened besides seeing him that one time?
priestessblue (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
dragon: yes, residual presence is a good way to put it, also, Indigo, recording seems about right... Two different ways to suggest the same thing. Also do you have suggestions as to what screenname a Christian should have? Please don't judge me.
priestessblue (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Missym: he was a little man, literally, apparently about five foot six. Thank you for your comments
Indigo: you can be a Christian with a name like priestess, yes! Thank you for your comments.
Dragon: not sure what you mean by intelligent... Thank you for your comments.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Obviously the entity wasn't intelligent. If it was the ghost of the landladies desist husband that used to abuse her then I would say it must have been a very slow minded entity. It takes a little man to smack down his wife to make himself feel empowered in his home. (and visa versa)
After reading your story and reading the comments made about the the haunting not being intelligent I was thinking if it is the ex husband then UNINTELLIGENT would be the word I would use too.
😉
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I'm glad for you that this experience has ended and did not cause you any harm, I think also it could have just been a residual presence of the ex husband, and nothing to really worry about, I am glad you got through it all and that you are now safe and well.

Were there any other instances that happened that would suggest this spirit was an intelligent one?
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Christian with a name like priestess? That's odd in and of itself. I think what you may have been experiencing was a recording with the gentleman. It didn't appear to be doing anything that would suggest an intelligent haunting. The other things could be explained away as high emfs, high gauss readings etc. Since you moved and haven't experienced anything you're probably very relieved! Thanks for the story! It was very enjoyable, and I'm sorry that you had to deal with this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: