You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Old Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Old Closet

 

My family had got this really old green wardrobe from my grandpa. He said it was really bad spirits in it. We did not believe in what he said so we brought it home. There was a little door on the bottom of it which we could never close. It would just glide open again. We thought it was just broken.

Then Mum would get those horrible dreams every night of someone hunting her down, wanting to kill her. I got shivers a lot when I had gone to it to put stuff in it.

One night I sat and listened to music on my computer with headphones. I then had to go to the bathroom so I paused the music and took off my headphones. I heard really clearly breathing behind my neck, I froze up for a second. I heard this breathing 3 times, I put on my headphones and listened to music for awhile more as I was too scared to look behind me.

We were starting to think there actually was something wrong with this wardrobe. We had decided tomorrow were getting rid of that wardrobe. And as it turned night I was going upstairs to sleep. As I opened my door and was about to close it, I hear something Slam shut. I looked out and this door on the bottom of the wardrobe was shut. Mum and dad woke up as this door shut so loudly. We explored it and suddenly you could shut it close with no problem. The next day we got rid of it and the nightmares and everything just stopped. We still have some weird stuff happening around the house but not as much.

I do believe in ghosts and such. It was really creepy.

I have a question for you all what you think it might of been.

Would be nice to know what we were dealing with. Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoakT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
It's been said that if walls could speak, what stories they could tell...

The same could be said concerning wardrobes. It's also another saying- that every family has 'skeletons in their closets'; meaning that every family has some deep nasty secrets they've been a party to.

I imagine your wardrobe was a reflection of both sayings.
SoakT (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Well. All I know is that he wanted to get rid of it as fast as possible. He did not tell much about it beacause I guess my parents did not really ask. 😊
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
SoakT- sounds like a haunted item. Nysa wants to know if your grandpa told you about any of the incidents that he had with the cabinet? Good thing you got rid of it. Welcome to YGS and hope to hear more.

Champion
SoakT (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Well. It was my mum and dad that didint believe in him. They were the one picking it up. And if I asked him to elaborate? What do you mean?. And yeah I think it might of been a lot of negative energy. Cause stuff just got worse while it was at home.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
You say that your grandfather warned you about bad spirits in it but you didn't believe him. After your family decided there might be something going on with it did you ask him to elaborate? Do you know who used it before your grandfather? It sounds to me like there was just an accumulation of negative energy attached to it that wreaked havoc in your house while it was there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: