You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Scratching Door

Real Ghost Stories

My Scratching Door

 

One night when I was 10 years of age I was sleeping in my own room. Now this house was huge, but only one story even in certain spots it would echo. It is located in Medesto, California I can't remember exactly were. Even after living there for a couple months it never felt like I was completely alone even when I really was.

I had falling' asleep at about ten that night like a lot of nights, I had said prayers and climbed under my comforter. In about ten minutes I had lost consciousness.

Scratch, scratch, scotch

At about one I woke up because a noise on my door and was about to yell at my to younger sibling who were always messing with me any way when I saw my door was open. I starred at it and my spine started tingling. I tried to think logically like it was a mouse or something on the back. I saw that there was a Wal-Mart bag hanging on the door so I climbed out of my bed as soon as I did the noise completely stopped and took it of. When I lay back down in a matter of seconds it started again.

Scratch, scratch, scratch

My breathing started to get harder and harder to take in. "Just in case" I thought as I climbed out of bed slower this time and it stopped again "I'll put my clothes pile in front of it in case its just creeking. I did and it worked but like the time before I heard it.

Scratch, scratch, scratch

I didn't know what to do so I ran to my mom and dads room down our hall. I was frantic. The scratching I just noticed was getting louder and stronger. I had told my mom what had happened and she totally didn't believe it. She told me to go to my sister and brothers room.

So I did as told.

Now their room was right next to mine and the doors were only about two feet away. My little sister was half asleep when I asked her if I could lie on her bed since she was on the ground. She said no and rolled off the couch bed and threw me a blanket since I didn't want to go back in the room scared it would lock me in.

I lay down and covered up. I looked around in the dark room. Then out the door towards my own.

Finally I calmed down enough and closed my eyes.

SCRATCH, SCRATCH, SCRATCH

My eyes popped open. The scratching was horrible this time it was closer since I was on the floor by my siblings door which I explained earlier was close to my door.

I jumped up. I quickly grabbed my blanket and ran to my parents room and fell to the floor in there room and quickly fell asleep.

Yet, right before I dozed off I had remembered me and my friends had used an Ouija board in my room a week before, blind folded and had gotten a response. But never again in that house did I have a problem as bad as that. I don't care if you don't believe but I would never want to go back to that house or place to stay the night ever again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lexz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-15)
Well do you recall ending the ouija board session with a " GOODBYE?" you HAVE to end every session with a GOODBYE or then they will come and annoy you. Just sayin.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
This ghost seems to have an urge to see you. This was not meant to harm you, just to get you to open the door, it wanted to meet you. The board you described obviously attracted to spirits to you and the house, they do open portholes for the dead, that's obviously how they communicate with you. I have heard things, but they are mostly the house for all I know, I did hear a tapping on my bedside window once. Be aware that you are not alone here.

Frankly I do not know what I say, I just feel the urge to say curtain things, I must be possessed?
_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
Ouija boards aren't always bad. I have had several bad experiences (noises, shadows, etc) and I pull out my ouija board and ask what they want. The only thing is I sit calmly and ask the spirits to protect me from harm before I start using it. When I'm done I thank the spirits for their answers and ask them to leave. Then I put the board away. You just have to be smart when using the board and write down everything it says or run a tape recorder while you do it.
sethsgirlfriend21 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
i believe you but I have had worse happen so good lucky and stay away from ouijas
NadimahElizabeth (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
I don't know anything about ouija, people try to communicate with the dead in a lot of ways- why would that method be any different than a medium, or a pendulum? I wouldnt't do it anyway! Maybe there was dog's spirit scratching at the door for attention, maybe once it could tell you noticed it kept trying not even realising it was freaking you out!
megmac (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
thats interesting. Sometimes things like that happen in my room too. Only sometimes I hear breathing and stuff which is really weird. I share a room with my younger sister, but I hear breathing and stuff when she is sleeping somewhere else. Its just kind of weird and I always wonder what it is. 😐 😕
hgiog (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Yes Ouija boards do open portholes, so do books on spirit things such as new age books, withcraft books and so on. Simply seeking the spitit realm light or dark opens a porthole. So if we ask God and his angels into our lives they will come. If we ask dark spirits into our lives they will come.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Wow, I would have freaked out. Sometimes I think I heard a slight tap on my window, but I do have my window open so it could just be my blinds hitting the window but lately I havn't heard it thought the wind does come in. If you get my meaning.
GIRLIE WHO BELIVES YOU 100% ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
Wow ouija board is bad it open the portal by a demons that you or someone let it in that can rob your soul or whatever can cause it. Just have to be real carefully. Scatch sound creepy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: