You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Holiday To Remember

Real Ghost Stories

Holiday To Remember

 

When I was 12 my mum went into hospital for a small operation (hysterectomy) which went horribly wrong it left her stuck in hospital for around a year and now she still has some problems, during that year there was a 2 week gap in which she could take me on holiday so she decided to take me to Tenerife for two weeks which I was extremely excited about.

We were to stay in my grandma and Granddad's apartment. It was right at the top and had 2 bedrooms, a lounge, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a hallway the rest was balcony. It was a great holiday until the night before we were meant to leave.

Every night we had gone to bed around 1- 2am but this night I asked my mum if we could go to bed earlier as I was extremely tired she agreed and we went up. My grandma and granddad followed us up about 15 minuets later. Before bed I went to the loo checking on my grandparents on the way back just like I normally would do at home with my mum (I was sharing a double bed with my mum on this holiday) it was around 12:30 and I fell asleep quite quickly only to be awoken by the sound of high heels on the tiled floor.

I laid there just listening under my covers terrified of what I might see if I looked out. The sound stopped as it got to the corner I still didn't move it felt like it was just staring at me even through the covers I could feel its gaze, then it restarted at that point I couldn't take anymore and punched my mum hard in the arm and told her to turn the light on. I flung the covers off looked around the room and the room was empty.

My mum looked at me and I just burst into tears and would not be left in that room on my own, all night I slept holding her hand.

She asked me what had happened in the morning and I explained everything, she's convinced it was a dream or just someone below us tapping on the ceiling. I however believe it was an experience, as I mentioned earlier there are no other apartments to the side or above ours if there was I could've understood if it was heels on the tiled floor above.

Thanks for reading and if you could shed some light on the situation?

Apologies for it being so long.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XxelliesxX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

XxelliesxX (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
I heard it and my mum heard it to while it was happening and she asked me to stop clicking, then around 2miniuts later I flung my arm out and woke her up. Sorry I'm not the best at explaining things:)
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Not to discredit you... But which one was it? Either you heard it and then asked your mom to turn the light on, or your mom heard it too and mentioned the clicking while it was happening? Can you clarify the timeline?
Thanks for sharing ❤
XxelliesxX (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Forget to mention I've tried everything, asked my grandma if at any point she was up I she wasnt, I have also thought about the possibility of someone walking outside, but there was an awful presence in the room at the time and as I also mentioned we are the top floor there are no other people near us apart from below
XxelliesxX (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
My mum also heard this, and asked me to stop clicking, after I had heard it my I went out the room with my mum and my grandparents were still in bed fast asleep as they were staying with us, zzgranny, My mum had keyhole surgery which went terribly wrong and my mum fallopian tubes were completly damaged she came home on a wensday and something wasn't right, if she had been left on the friday for at least an hour longer she wouldn't be with me today I diddnt know all this until at least a month ago at the time I belived it to be a small operation, but thankyou both for your comments 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
I agree with granny on both accounts... Hysterectomy is not a small operation but all the same, I hope your mother is feeling better now...also, have your tried debunking it with various possibilities? Fear is a powerful feeling and sometime block even the most logic explanations. Not saying that what you experienced is not paranormal. Just make sure that there are not logical reasons behind what you heard. After debunking everything, then find out if anything happened in that apartment?

Just out of curiosity, I take it that this is your grandparents' apartment, right? Does your grandmother wear heels? I'm asking because she might have worn it during that night of your experience (probably somewhere else in apartment) and you heard it in your room. The other reasoning would be that it was a residual haunting of your grandmother walking around in heels. You just didn't hear it because you were so used to sleeping so late.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
XxelliesxX: It's really hard to say if this was paranormal or not... Is this the only time you heard the footsteps, or did anyone else hear them?...

Also, I'd just like to add the a hysterectomy isn't just a small operation... There are organs being removed...It's not like getting a tooth pulled (which is considered oral surgery)...I would equate it to having your gall bladder or spleen removed...Jus' sayin' 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: