You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Staircase Of That Old House

Real Ghost Stories

The Staircase Of That Old House

 

It was last December. I went to visit a colleague's house with my other colleagues. We all are of the same office. On the occasion of Christmas we went there. My colleague was a Christian and she invited us in her home. Her name was Ruby. We all have been living in Calcutta city, but Ruby had been residing in a place that was 1:30 hour's journey by car from the City. There she had been residing at old ancestral bungalow which was 200 years old (as we heard from Ruby). From her we also heard that many accidents and deaths had happened in that bungalow during last 200 years. Ruby's younger brother had died in just 7 years old, by an accident. Ruby had been residing there with her parents only.

On Christmas Eve we reached at her village, and her house. The bungalow was 2 storied and some what old fashioned. There was a garden also in front of the house. Ruby invited us all in her house and we then watched that the entire house remained very silent, because only those 3 persons (Ruby and her Parents) had been lived in that big bungalow. The bungalow was quite well furnished and quite comfortable to stay there.

At night we were sleeping. It was such a colder night; it was at least 8 degree Celsius (that is colder in our state). Suddenly I woke up with a noise. It seemed to me that someone had been playing with a plastic ball near the staircase. The staircase was just beside our guest room. 'But who's playing now? There were no children at the house, then who's playing with the ball? Who might be the person? '

I left my bed. Other friends still were sleeping. I neared to the window and couldn't see anything through the window at first. A low powered night bulb was there, near the staircase but I couldn't see anything. But that mysterious sound of playing the ball was still happening. I came out of the room and then suddenly saw a plastic ball was weltering on the staircase floor indeed. I was really astonished and thought who might be the person? No children there, but who's playing? I was obsessed with thinking, suddenly the power cut off. There was such darkness and I became alone in the darkness. I tried to go back into our room and then I saw him. Yes, he was the person who had been playing with the ball. But he was too small, like a 7 year old boy. I saw a smoky, cloudy figure of 7 years old boy, though it was darkness area, but I did see him clearly. He was just in front of me.

Then what happened I couldn't remember until now. When I got my senses I saw I was on the bed and Ruby, her parents and my other friends were standing there, around me.

I took rest the whole day and later I described the entire incident to Ruby and her parents, what I had seen. I didn't tell the experience before my other friends, but only to Ruby and her family. After hearing all they told, that the boy was Ruby's 7 years old younger brother Aman, who had died before years by the accident near that staircase, while playing with the ball. After that it still had been happening every night, at that house. They prayed for him many times, but still Aman couldn't forget them at all, couldn't leave away from them for ever. They were also still been living there only for Aman.

After I felt cured we left the place and went back to Calcutta that evening.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shanta_may22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shanta_may22 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-07)
That place was just near Raichak. 1:15-1:30 hours journey from Calcutta, Standing on the banks of river Hooghly.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Dear shanta_may22/priyakolkataproperties,
Where in West Bengal is this bungalow where the temperature drops to 8 degrees Celsius? Please provide us with this detail? You have already said it is 1 and a half hours drive from Calcutta so it can't be far away.
Please let us know...

Regards
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Hmmm...So that's the reason they can't leave that old bungalow!...Oh My God!...Its really such a touchy story!... 😐...Just 7 years old and how much Aman loves his family and also how much the family loves him... May his soul rest in peace...
shanta_may22 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
yes,that's really an unforgettable experience in my life. Still I couldn't forget that mysterious white figure of that small boy!
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
Wow really nice experience you have had with this paranormal thing. Sorry on offence!
But you know I saw two times these entities in my life and they were also in white color.
But I heard and even read here some people saw a black shadow or abnormal shape things which is really a diiferent things than what I have seen!
This is really an Undefined Mysteries
shanta_may22 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
priyakolkataproperties--is my another id, so don't think that some another is making comment on behalf of me
priyakolkataproperties (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Yes, I had fainted and in morning they carrid back to my bed, as they saw me near the staircase.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Interesting story! What happened between when you saw the little boy and when you woke up in bed?

Did you faint, and Ruby and her parents carried you back to your bed, or did you get there yourself?

It sounds like you became ill or injured after seeing the little boy. What happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: