You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl On Our Staircase

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl On Our Staircase

 

Few years back, we moved into a new rented apartment in Navi Mumbai. It was a One+One apartment, that meant that our living room and kitchen was on ground floor, bedroom and bathroom on first floor with a staircase in between. Main entrance was in ground floor. A couple of months passed casually.

One day, it was around 9 am in the morning and I was getting ready for going to office. Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I saw a girl aging around 7-8 years standing on the staircase but when I look straight at the spot, no one was there. My wife was in kitchen and my daughter who was in nursery was at school and the main entrance was closed. Thinking that I had imagined it, I brushed it off from my mind and went to office.

Around 4 pm, I received a call from my wife that my daughter acting very strangely. She was pointing to the staircase and telling that "Didi is there" (Didi is north Indian languages means elder sister). But my wife was not able to see anyone. This frightened her. I told her to lock the apartment and go to her friend's house with our daughter.

After coming back home from office, I cleansed the apartment as told by my grandmother. We never saw that girl again. But negative things started to happen in my life, both personally and professionally. Eventually, we shifted to a new apartment and all negativeness left us as time passed.

Whenever I remember the incident, I always think about why the entity was only visible to me and my daughter and not to my wife.

Other hauntings by Nemo_1981

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nemo_1981, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-05)
I enjoyed reading your experience. Keep us posted if anything else happens best wishes
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-02)
Hello gypsyking410,

Thank you for explaining. I appreciate your kind effort.

Best wishes,
Miandra.
😘 ❤ 😘
PS: I called myself sleeping-with-steve when I first joined but prefer my name. Miandra. 😘
gypsyking410 (13 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-02)
Hi sleeping-with-steve

In India kids call other elder kids as Didi or Bhaiya (Sister/Brother).
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-23)
Hello Memo_1981,

Your daughter was saying, 'didi over there', meaning elder sister. Does that mean you had another child who passed away?

Interesting short post. I wanted to know more. Like who the girl was that you saw, how she died, and what she was trying to tell you.

Maybe the answers might be at your local library on microfiche.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Ravishingroxy (4 stories) (18 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-23)
Where in navi mumbai? I stsy in nm too... So I am curious. Was it a duplex apartment in a building, or a row house?
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-23)
Perhaps the entity chose not to reveal itself to your wife. Maybe your wife did not possess the innate psychic ability to "see" the entity, whereas you and your daughter did. Who knows? In any case, I am happy to hear that your life turned around after you left the apartment.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: