You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Great Grandmother's Old House

Real Ghost Stories

My Great Grandmother's Old House

 

Almost eight years ago, me and my Family, got my great-grandmother's house from her will. The weird things didn't start happening until about four years ago.

I was laying in my bed at about 2:03 am, I was previously asleep but I woke up to use the bathroom, and when I came back, I lied on my bed... About 20 minutes later, I was half asleep when I felt a tug on the back of my pajama shirt and it was hard enough that I almost fell off the bed! Since then I've never had my back turned to the side of the bed.

Another freaky thing happened in my living room. I was watching T.V. When I saw a bright white mist figure dart from left to right, very quickly, across my porch. This used to happen very frequently... I could tell that it looked like a person figure, no bigger than 5 ft tall. I don't know, it happened very quickly.

Another thing that happened not too long after that, and in my living room is that a notebook, which was on a coffee table in the center of it, fell down, at least 3 feet away form the table.

One night I was alone and I was coming out of my parent's room, after watching T.V. And I was coming into the kitchen to get a bottle of water, and as I was coming out of the bedroom door, I heard my name called, and it sounded just like my sister's voice. (Reminder that my sister, and my parents were not there at the time and I have no other siblings and our front door was locked.)

I was lying in my room, about to take a nap when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It didn't feel menacing. So I got up and did something else. My sister told me that it was possible Mamma, telling me that I shouldn't be sleeping during the day time. Many other things have happened that I thought was my great-grandmother, like the back of my head felt like it was lightly tapped when I let a cuss word out. When my great-grandmother was alive, she would not allow cussing in the house. My sister has told me that this has happened to her, numerous times.

So these are my stories... To my relief, the haunting as I believe they are, nothing has happened for about half a year now. My family tells me that maybe Mamma has finally passed on. But I don't believe it was her that grabbed me in my sleep that other time. What ever that was seems to have gone as well.

.

Other hauntings by jrthompson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jrthompson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jrthompson (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Im sorry about your grandmother's death and your parents divorcing 😢 But Its cool that you have similar experiance like me. 😳
caitcat8 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
I had the same sort of experience after my parents divorced. Every other weekend I would go to my grandmother's house on my dad's side of the family to spend some time with my dad who was living there until he could afford to buy another house with his fiance (they have now been married for three years). My grandfather had died a couple years prior and everytime I went to sleep I swear I would hear someone walking in the hallway and then the bedroom door would open just a tiny bit but no ones head was there. I always thought that it was just my grandfather checking on me because I was in the habit as a child to have trouble sleeping.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: