You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Staircase And My Cat

Real Ghost Stories

The Staircase And My Cat

 

I'm not too sure where to begin as this is something I have pieced together in the past few days so please forgive me if I am hard to follow. This experience is mostly about my Cat. His name is Chaos. Like all cats Chaos is very intuitive and always knows when a presence is near. Before something bad happens, and I mean B A D supernatural or not, he will bite me once. Those are the ONLY times he has bitten me and it is rare. I'm very close with my cat and I try to understand his wants/needs and what he attempts to communicate to me (as it is often).

I recently moved in with my boyfriend who lives with 5 other guys as something bad happened in the house I was living in previously and surprise, surprise the cat bit me that day. So I'm in this new home and the guys are all very nice to me. Chaos has demonstrated certain behaviors that tell me something has been present in this house and possibly more than one. When it is just a spirit passing through he reacts curiously but nothing more. The behaviors I am now referring to are when something dark is present. It started with one of the guy's bedrooms. Chaos would not go into it, and eventually would not even be NEAR it if the door was open. The sad part is my room is right across from it. So I would open the door before bed and call "Chaos" and I'd hear his little bell at the bottom of the stairs. Hm... That's odd; he usually runs right up the stairs or sits on the other side of my door for a couple meows until it's opened. Now, he was at the bottom of the stairs, not moving an inch. Finally when I could coax him up he would walk up the stairs pressed against the wall and sprint into my room. This is how he entered my room on several nights. Very strange behavior as if he was trying to be as far as possible from the bedroom that scared him. The guy who lives in that room loves cats and has tried to bring Chaos into his room on several occasions only to have the cat run out.

Now the stairs. I have a very, very close friend whom I love dearly and trust with all my heart. I'll call her "Athena" for privacy. You may choose to believe this or not and if you having nothing nice to say about it please keep it to yourself. Athena is hypersensitive to the supernatural and can tell when something is present or has been and can usually give a pretty good description of what it is. Athena came to visit me and I asked her to come upstairs with me and tell me if she felt anything present. As we were walking up the stairs she told me there were hot footsteps, as if something dark had been walking up them. Then as we became closer to the bedroom she said her heart was racing so hard she couldn't even go into it. At this point I did not tell her THAT was the room Chaos will not go near. She described it as something very dark that likes to watch but it hides in the corner out of my view. We hung out for a while and then she had to go. Right after she closed to door and walked out of my house, Chaos was at the bottom of the stairs crouched low to the ground, ears flat hissing at the stairs. I scooped up Chaos, took him away from the stairs and tried to snuggle him better. Nope, he just jumped out of my arms and went straight back.

A week went by and the cat had been on and off about the stairs, still would not go near the bedroom. I prayed every night for the darkness to leave this home as well as salted my bedroom doorframe and window so it could not enter my room. So the day comes when there is a climax to this activity. I tried to cuddle with Chaos while my boyfriend and I were watching a movie together in bed and he would not cuddle, sit still or anything! What did he do? He bit me. One hard bite on the shoulder and then jumped off of me. My boyfriend jokingly said "see, that's what happens when you love him too much" and for some reason I believed him. Then Chaos meows at the door so I let him out of the room. Shortly after I hear meowing as he usually does from the other side of the door. I open the door and he is meowing from the bottom of the stairs instead as soon as he sees me he BOLTS into the room. I picked him up, he was TERRFIED! Eyes wide and heart thumping so hard I could feel it just from picking him up. I tried to calm him down but it didn't work. So we all go to sleep and the cat kept trying to wake me up I think but because we were tired we slept right through. We then woke up to the bed being covered in cat pee. Chaos has never done that before and I was pretty confused especially since there is a litter box in our room.

After all this Chaos is now afraid of the stairs. Specifically a certain section. He stares at it and doesn't like walking on it. I sometimes carry him up and down it when I see it's upsetting him. It's one of those days I'm hanging out with Athena and as soon as she comes over she picks up my cat and says "He's really upset" I told her about how he won't play and he's been really strange. She walks over to the stairs and tells me that there is nothing there...anymore. (I had been praying against it.) But that a few nights ago (the night the night the cat bit me) there was something dark and it scared the hell out of Chaos. What upset me most was that she said it tried to physically harm him on the staircase. Athena pointed to the section of stairs where Chaos had been very afraid of and she said "right there". As soon as I understood he started purring and went back to normal. I think it's because he just wanted me to know so I could protect him. I also think that when I heard him meowing from the bottom of the stairs was when it was happening and that is why his heart was racing and he wet our bed shortly after.

So I have salted the stairs and pray regularly and always include the safety of this home and all who are in it. I am at peace with spirits but it really upsets me that something tried to hurt my cat. Animals are innocent and it left me with a lot of questions.

Please don't ask any questions about Athena or say any nasty comments because I shared my story here to be supported and believed. Also, since I figured out what happened to Chaos he is back to normal again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AloeVera, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I know this story is old but I have just joined and am slowly catching up.
I can't handle cats, we have one at home which is my moms but the issue I have stems from watching Pet Cemetery a few too many times.
That sound cats make when mating or fighting... Oh my word... I can't handle it, it sends me into panic stations, lol
And when my moms cat brings us "presents" and it meows for our attention, I'm almost too scared to look at it because I know they are sensitive to things we cannot see.

Spider
lastgoodbyesbycat (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
wow that a very hard story and also my cat does things like that (he does not pee in the bed) but very like
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
I believe you too and Also a very cat lover too Poor kitty Make me want to hold her and she try to tell you what there that is scare her and hurt her so that why you need to find out what wrong and something there and hurt her so Cats/animals can see things that the humans can't I have my cat taffy she seen things and yes spoiled and protect over me she will know something wrong with me she would hissing and yes she does bite me too some reason... Hope your cat better and give your cat my hugs...
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
Also why would anybody say anything nasty about Athena who is sensitive of the Supernatural? Has people made fun of her? I would never say anything nasty.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
What about the guy that lives in the room your cat was scared of? Did anything ever happen to him in that room? What did he think about his room?
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Summit, your stories sound very interesting. Please always pray for protection my friend!

Reo: Chaos is definitely a companion. I treat him with lots of love and respect and it definitely gets returned. I totally believe animals become depressed as people do and that they also build bonds as people do. I just try to treat him the way I would any friend. And he grows on everyone:)
REO123 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
Poor Chaos, he must have been terrified. And the poor thing couldn't even tell what's wrong. But I am amazed that Chaos only bits you when it senses danger.
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Aloevera I believe in your experience. I do not believe in ghost or anything before until we have this consecutive paranormal problems. My sister now can see those things that we normally do not see. My uncle can see them too (after he was declared dead during his operation and suddenly came back to life after 15mins). My older brother and I can share the same dream during night time and was really creepy. I wish I could do something about mt sister today.
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
Yeah someone told me that it is not right to talk to them but it went off to the house for a few days of sighthings aside from me and my uncles (many of my family members saw them too and even heard them talked about "we will not leave this until we got them"). Actually there were 4 of them, half body black shadows. We got rid of them by cleaning the abandoned room that we no longer used for a long time. You know what, we clean it everyday and everymorning we found some web dirt (or whatever dirt it was) on the floor. It seems that they are using it as a stepping pathway to the room. I have a lot more stories to tell but I can't publish the story the administrator is somewhat limiting the entry. I will share my stories here instead.

My younger sister always been possesed by an unknown "thing" and it even happen until now. Someone was helping us to get rid of it though, that's maybe the reason why I am not afraid of those things.
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
I love reading about other people's experiences!

Summit that is a scary experience, you may want to consider doing something so it doesn't return. And I've been told that trying to communicate with them can lead to some bad news.:S Your brave!

Tear111 that's a really cute story, I hope my kitty does that too one day. Cats are very good protectors.

Aurthor302: Oh yea... Hot footsteps is never good... I salted the steps right after she left. I'm really thankful it didn't progress.
Aurther302 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
When you mentioned about when your friend talking about the hot footsteps my heart started to race because I thought something was going to happen when she left
Tear111 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
Sense it won't let mee write s story, I will share my ghost experience with Lucky. Whom I hated, but... I know he is with me.

My grandmother had a cat... Lucky, lived to be 18. Ah... He hated me. More than anything, I hated him back. But It hurt to see my grandmother hurt. October came, he got sicker and sicker. I eventually started to cry, for he... He meant everything to me personally. One day... It was snowing. He ran out... And we heard yowling, a stray had killed him... But he is still here, trust me.

It was Chrismas morning, we went to my grandmothers, (I am 18.) I was marviling over my Laptop. My mother was grinning proudly at me. I pranced inside, and I paused, "Any room for me?" My mom pointed to the empty couch. My brother was to busy admiring his presents. I popped open my laptop. And poked in the alltel connection. I grinned as it booted up. I suddenly shut it. "I need to go to the restroom." I said. My grandmother nodded, and I speed to the bathroom. My brother was laughing, I ran pretty fast in thoose high-heels I tell you. As I entered the restroom. Tiny, our fat cat hissed. And ran out. Suddenly I heard purring. And Lucky was looking up at me. Smiling. And I realised, he was there, always. Watching me. I reached out to pet him. And he, he felt real. I bent down to pick him up, but he vanished, I ran into the den. And said. "I saw lucky!" They grinned. And I sat down. And I heard a cat purr.
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
I have a lot of experiences a lot weirder than you had... I even saw it walking down on the stair and stared to all of us (my family members are sleeping around 6:30am) while I pretended sleeping (dark guy on the stairway approaching). I suddenly stood up when it was a meter away from me and asked it "what are you?". It disappeared like sand. I was suprised, it was a dark shadow with half body and no eyes.
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
cupcake: Chaos is 1 year old, he was a stray kitten who was taken in by a family who knew I'd love to care for him. He is grey and very affectionate to me. It is rare for cats to stretch out on their backs in a person's arms as it is the ultimate submission and he always lays like that with me.

RanDolf: oohh thank you for the info. Yeah basically if I was under attack I know there is no point in telling my boyfriend or he will just tell me I'm mentally ill. And yes this house DOES keep my on my toes... Holy cow... I have to bless it daily and constantly put my good energy into it... Luckily I am a fountain of positive energy! Ha ha

Funny, I've recently started to see a man at the bottom of the stairs when I walk by but he's not evil I think he's just a lost spirit. I really don't know what it is about those stairs...

Thanks for the support everyone!:)
monicar (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
i believe you I have had a few experiences myself and my cat is a 9 year old american short hair calico had her from 4 weeks old and love her and spoil her as well and mine acts strange on rainy nights its more spookier in my house then
RanDolf (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Demons will probably keep coming, guys give off a lot of sexual vibes lol. 5 in a house will keep you on guard lol. Sucks your boyfriend is a scardie cat. Wish more guys tap into energy, and fight with it.
RanDolf (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Demons have been feeding off people for ages, in conjunction with very sick and powerful human sorcerers. When one has hacked my house, I become aware of my surroundings, and I tell the demon in a vicious voice to leave the room. You get a tingle in the spine, you remain calm and try to be ready at all times. Closets are dark, and slip your awareness so they hide there (hence closet monsters/ under the bed). I usually don't invoke angels, I just try to be ruthless with conviction, and they leave. Kind of fun sometimes, but when you sleep you are vulnerable to them, they even come back sometimes. Demons are like gangsters who come and tax your power once in a while, usually in a schedule. They also rebuild your house ethereally, so make sure you rebuild it too (by fortifying it with attention).
cupcake (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
aww what color is the cat is he old or young yes cats are very smart my little kitten who is not a year old yet and already comes when you call for him hope that demon thing doesn't give you any more trouble poor kitty ❤ ❤ ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Poor kitty! Animals really are sensitive to things that people can't see, and I think it's for that reason that this dark entity was upset at your cat. I think it realized that your cat was onto it, and because of that, you would be onto it too. Whereas I agree that Chaos didn't do anything wrong, I think animals are a lot more intuitive than we give them credit for and it's possible that Choas was able to communicate with this entity.

I'm glad it seems to have calmed down and your techniques worked. Best of luck to you guys in the future!
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-13)
Hey goatkiddie!
My friend Athena told me that it physically tried to harm my cat on the stairs and yes he was walking a bit funny at some point after but he is fine. I specifically asked if whatever it was just SCARED my cat or if it actually physically attempted to harm it. She told me that it tried to physically harm it and it scared the crap out of Chaos. He was put off, scared, upset and afraid of the stairs for several days after. Yes I did feel a weird presence in the hallway/staircase at that time but I feel nothing now. I am positive whatever it was it was dark bc nothing good would want to harm an innocent animal. It has not returned since.
goatkiddie (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
'ello aloe I'm goatkiddie umm a few questions.
Q1 What do you mean it tried to physically harm him on the staircase?
Q2 Do you feel wierd presences on the stairs.
Please answer. Ty 😊
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
thanks so much for the support, my boyfriend thinks I'm silly but I obviously believe the experiences. And I actually bless and pray daily as well as sprinkled the staircase with salt so nothing can appear there. I live with 5 guys and they don't believe any of it so I find I have to be stealthy ha ha
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
What an incredible story... And my heart was racing as you were talking about your cat's experiences! 😨 I am really glad you and your friend were able to put some of the negative atmosphere to rest. If I could give some friendly advice, I would continue to bless the house on a weekly basis, maybe sprinkle some holy water around the bad areas, bless your house mate's bedroom (when he is gone, unless he's okay with that), and keep salting and praying! I don't think you can go overboard when your sweet cat is involved. It makes my blood run cold thinking about negative atmospheres harming or scaring my cats, and my husband and I have had to do more than a few of these protective techniques over the years, when our little furry buddies are showing that they are terrified of "something" in the house that we can't see!

Good luck and God bless. And thank you for sharing your experiences.

~ Watersprite ❤
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
I believe you. I am a "cat lover" as well. I own 3 cats and love them very much. Cats have a better 6th sense than any other animal. So you definatey won't go wrong trusting your cat's instincts. He loves you and will warn you of danger. I enjoyed reading your account. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: