You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Dropping In On Sunday Mass

Real Ghost Stories

Dropping In On Sunday Mass

 

Saturday night and early Sunday morning 4 friends and I got the idea to go look at a few supposed haunted places in Haywood and Madison county in West Tennessee. The first place we went to was an old church in Mason that was desrecrated by a satanic cult in the early 20th century.

Old Trinity Church is the name of the place. We pulled up to the gate, shining the headlights of the truck onto the front of the building. It was rather mundane looking, just a small white church with a cemetery in the rear. We got out and began exploring the property. I should note that the front doors were closed when the headlights shone on them. Anyway, as we came back around the corner from the back I noticed that the front door was cracked open.

Alex, who seems to be very sensitive to the supernatural, and had no idea of the history of the site, froze midstep and began gazing at the door. As she began to speak the door suddenly eased completely open. An audible whisper from inside the church that sounded like a prayer in Latin came from the rear of the church. Then, we heard a growl accompanied by a set of white glowing eyes. Then a painfully shrill scream echoed through the trees. All except Alex began running to the truck.

Alex was still standing in the doorway, slowly walking inside the church. I rush back, grab her and carry her to the truck. As I get her in the truck and we pull away I notice a black figure with those same eyes and a garish evil grin. Then the doors close and a cold burst of wind blew through the Grove. Alex finally spoke about 10 minutes later saying that "they" wanted her.

It was surely a memorable evening.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pervy_ninja, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
I have to agree with Rook. Is there any chance that there were other people there, who decided to mess with you?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Ummmm QUESTION,

Which part of this story is supposed to be Paranormal. I can come up with many explinations for the events described and none of them are Paranormal... Just saying...

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: