You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Possible Experience Or Just Stress?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Experience Or Just Stress?

 

The past year has been hell, I'm not sure if my experiences may be from stress, so I'm posting here to see if anyone can explain what exactly it is.

We moved back in with my moms ex abusive husband, due to money issues and the fact he welcomed us in until we could find a house. We though he changed, but if possible got about ten times worse. There's been nothing but him yelling, threatening, etc.

While mom and him were fighting, I sat in my room and cried. This lasted for about an hour until I felt something cold grab my shoulder. It stayed there for a few moments, and felt... Comforting, some how.

Back in December, my dog had a litter of 9 puppies. My favorite, Oreo, when inside and around my door he would stand there, ears perked up and staring with wide eyes, sometimes his gaze would dart around the room before he would whine then run out. He always felt tense when he would come in here.

Then in May, 8 of them got poisoned then passed around my birthday. I sat outside in their kennel shortly after they died and heard a puppy barking, then something would nuzzle my arm before disappearing.

Almost always you would hear constant barking, all over the yard like they would when they'd dig their way out until we took down both of the dog runs they would be in.

Yesterday I was sitting at my computer with my leg propped up against the desk while I watched the TV, something grabbed my ankle. And it was extremely hot, it left some burns but when I screamed for my mom, the burns disappeared. As soon as she left the room, I heard something whispering but it stopped when I yelled for her again.

Nothing else happened that night until I laid down.

I kept seeing shadows move around, growling noises from my closet, and it was freezing. Usually it was warm.

Ever since then I felt like I was being watched, and can't go anywhere dark without breaking down.

Does anyone know what it is? If it's just my mind, stress, or possibly an actual experience? I'm grateful for any sort of help. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Liayleith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ann4shadow (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-20)
Hi Miracles51031,

Thank you for the advice. Good to know. I actually knew how long ago this story was posted. I have been going through YGS and reading all of the new posts, if I like the post then I read every post that person has submitted. When I run out of those I pick a topic or state/country I find interesting then read all of those.
I was working on Georgia when I came upon this entry. It disturbs me to see or read about abuse. I left a comment in case she ever came back to look at the advice and comments.
I knew it was a very long shot. Still did it. I will more than likely do it again. Actually, I think I already have.
I really appreciate you taking the time to give me some advice! I have a feeling not many people will comment on my posts because I tend chat a lot.

😊
Be Well,
Ann
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-08-19)
Ann4shadow - when offering advice, you might want to check a few things before commenting so you aren't wasting your time.

1. Make sure the o/p (original poster) is not listed as a guest.
2. Check the date the story was published. As in this case, the story was published 6 years ago.
3. Check the dates of the latest comments. Again, 6 years ago.
4. Check and see if the o/p ever participated in the discussion. This one didn't even though they indicated they would.

In this case, I really believe you have wasted your time by leaving a comment.
Ann4shadow (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-19)
I understand what it is like to live with abuse and the totally bad environment it creates. It is toxic. It is destructive and sooner or later it will affect you. The thing is you can let it control your life or you can not allow it to run your life. The mind is very powerful and it can create situations to protect you from all of the stress you are going through.
With that said you can do things to protect yourself. As Clever210 said you can do a cleansing in your room. You can protect yourself as well by working to get out of you mother's ex abusive husband's house. Strive to stay away from negative people in your life. I do not know what to tell you to do with any psychic powers you might have. I do know you can mentally surround yourself with light and good energy. You can reach out for help for you and your Mon. There are people out there who will help you. Check with your local hospital.
Be Well,
Ann
❤
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Aww, sorry to hear about the puppies!

It sounds like you have a LOT going on in your life. Sorry to hear that you have to live with someone abusive... I'd offer some advice on that topic, but you've probably heard it by now.
Hang in there.
Ghostie200 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
When an animal dies of they can still linger around you... Same thing happened to me... A cold shiver and somethign cold on the back of my back. I ahd a few werid things happend... From noise, calling of my name,shadows,feeling like some was there but really wasnt... Stuff like that probally a little stressed could caused it but probally not all of it might... Just some... Cause I too had few minor troulbes in my life... (aunt had to put her dog down due to old age
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
I agree with what has already been said, and finding ways to de stress would most certainly help your situation whatever it is.

I do believe that animals can leave their spirits behind too, and maybe the ankle incident could have been a ghostie puppy nip?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
It might be stress and frazzled nerves. Finding a way to de-stress regularly may help you figure it out. For some people that is finding a place they feel is peaceful & meditating, for others it is physical activity, you will find your best way. Then if you find you are experiencing things more when you have not de-stressed you will have a good indication that is what is causing it. And if you find that releasing stress does not change things it will help you know it is not just your strained mind.

If it's not stress you seem to have a lot going on. One "thing" that wanted to help you in a bad time, puppies that left their spirits behind for awhile, and something else that wants to cause you distress. I don't think you can trace all of those things to one source (unless it is your own mind), so you should look at it as more than one presence. I think finding a way to de-stress is your first step, though I know that is hard in the best of times, let alone in a house full of negativity. But if there really are paranormal entities in your house you will be better able to get rid of them with your stress level brought down a bit too.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
It may be that negative energy is responsible for what you are experiencing. Being in that kind of environment would get to anyone. I'm sorry that you have been having such a rough time at home. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Sometimes it helps just to be able to share things with others and not keep it buried inside. I think it might help to surround yourself with positive energy as much as possible. You might need to do a cleansing in your room to help you have a place where you can feel safe. I know there are a lot of people on here that could suggest things to help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: