You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Scary Experience With A Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Experience With A Friend

 

I'm new to this site and I just wanted to share this people who believe in this stuff.

It happened in 2010 when I went to my friend's house after school. We were on the computer playing games when we heard the bathroom sink start running. We thought nothing of it because we thought it was just my friend's sister. Later on, we discovered that his mum and his sisters had actualy gone to basketball. Then we got freaked out. We went throught the whole house with golf clubs (I know it sounds pretty stupid with golf clubs but incase anyone was in the house). We had found nothing. We had thought it was strange that the tap started running. While we were coming up the hall we had heard footsteps coming up the hall so we freaked out and ran up to the front room and stayed there. We were 12 at the time so it was pretty scary.

Another time, we were in the kitchen at his house with the stereo on and a glass jar just fell of the pantry shelf and smashed. Again nobody else was home, it was strange. His mum tryed talking to the ghost and the power went out just like that. My friend claims he sometimes heard footsteps in the hallway. He told me that a couple of months ago a man fell and hit his head on the cupboard and died. Maybe this links in.

Some of you might think this is fake because I'm 13, but this is a true experience that happened to me and my friend. I have always been interested in the paranormal and will post more stories if I have any more experiences. So hope you enjoyed it and tell me what you thought, thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thomas98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Thanks for clarifying. It seems sometimes a spirit creates the noise, sort of mimicking the action, & other times manipulates things to make the noise. If the basin was wet it seems this entity turned the tap on & off again. Which of course leaves us with the question, how can a nonphysical being have a physical effect? With nothing else to go on, we have to collect anecdotal evidence, so your account helps there.
Thomas98 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Nysa it was definately the tap because the basin was wet and thanks darkness your really nice. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Thanks for the reply it is good to consider all other possibilities before making the assumption that it is haunted. Have to admit this was well written and you seem quite mature for a 13 year old, well done! Look forward to hearing more from you!

Dan
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
I am wondering about the tap in the bathroom. Was it actually running, like something had turned it on, or was it the ghostly sound of tap water running? I really only ask to add to our understanding of unexplained events, not because I can add anything to the discussion of this case.
Thomas98 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Darkness, The speaker was across the kitchen on the opposite side of the pantry and he new about the death because they looked up the history of th house they even got some o f his mail
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Thomas98: Good to see another Aussie on here! 😊
Firstly Miracles has brought up some very good points for you to consider. Also was it possible the jar may have fallen because of vibration from the speakers perhaps? I'm curious to know how your friend knew about the death of the man within his home? It obviously was brought up at sometime for him and possibly perhaps because others have experienced the occurences within the home! Just another thought of the top of my head.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Thomas98 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Hi guys thanks for commenting DeviousAngel it was the previous owner of the house that died and when I said a few months ago it was a few months when this happened not now
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I'd recommend that you document what has been happening. If you can time what happens when, on a regular basis, you'd be well on the way to finding a cure for the problem.

Or at the very least, a bit more empirical evidence.
reggie-roo (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
The same thing kind of happened to me and my friend too!I'm 13 but this happened when I was 11 and we were down stairs in the living room and we heard a loud bang on the landing upstairs so my friend grabbed a knife and we went upstairs and nothing was there... 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
hi there thomas98 have to say I agree with miracles this does sound like a real experience and not some made up bull that some 13 year old posted, but why it happened is anybodys guess it could have just been trying to get your attention without scaring you both too much.
And like devious said I was wondering about that too did you mean months or years?
Years might have made a bit more sense.
Carl
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
Ghostguy, I am not sure why you are writing in a very poetry-like format... That just weirded me out a little, and your comment made zero sense to me.

I am a little confused about the timeline though, you said that your experiences happened when you guys were 12, but the man hit his head and died only a few months ago. Was this someone who was living with your friend and his mom? I just thought it was weird how you said "a man" and did not identify him as someone they knew, if he was living in the house.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
Ditto Miricles51031 Hurray, somebody else here gets it.

When it comes to hauntings, they are always caused
By an entity which may or not be fueled by EMF emissions. Or the observer seeing things because of the effects of EMF.
Starting off pretending a ghost is there by talking to
Them in an effort to get them to leave may save
An investigation, if an actual entity leaves that
Easily.

This comment from fee-fee is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
Thomas98 - you're right when you said some of us would think because you are only 13 that the story is fake. But there is a big difference in the way you told your story and a lot of the stories that teens post on here. You didn't go all dramatic and embellish the crap out of your story. You told it the way I can hear a 12 or 13-year-old tell me what happened. So, I believe you and your friend experienced these things.

The death of a man in the home could certainly be the reason these things are going on. So far it doesn't appear as if there is anything really scary or "life threatening" going on. My guess, and at this point that's all it is, if the man just died a few months ago there could be several things going on.

1. He might not realize he's dead. I know that sounds stupid, but having been just a few months, who knows how long it takes for that reality to set in.
2. He could be in denial about his death.
3. He might be trying to get someone's attention, which could account for the sink, stereo and smashed jar.
4. Maybe in life he was a practical joker and thought he'd scare the crap out of you and your friend😆

There could be a million other things/reasons for what is going on. Keep us updated, especially if things change, okay?
Kristina1001 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
The man who died near the cupboard needs your help. Try talking to it if you see/hear it again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: