You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The 1817 Place

Real Ghost Stories

The 1817 Place

 

Me and my sister called it 'the 1817 place', that was the address, but it was over 150 years old. I was 12 and Jess was 14 and we were scared shiat-less of this place. My mom never believed us but we know she saw things... Here's the thing, we always slept together even though we had our own rooms because it was so frightening just to be there. We always heard loud noises coming from the attic that were definitely not raccoons or squirrels, you know what I mean. And you could always feel a presence in the house at all times.

My first experience was when I was sleeping in my mom's room, her bed was on the floor next to her door which was right next to the stairway and just as I was falling asleep, I heard loud clunking on the wooden stairs, just like when I walk down the stairs in my boots now.

The second experience was Jessica's, she was sitting on her bed reading, all of our beds were on the floor, and there was a chair right next to her which was empty but she looked up and there was a girl in yellow pajamas sitting in her chair. The girl had what looked like a cut going all the way around her throat. She proceeded to tell Jess about herself and her death... I don't remember how old she said she was. She told Jess that she and her baby sister had been killed by their father, she was strangled and her sister was shot... I don't remember anything being said about the mother but it might have been. The thing is that her father's room turned out to be mine.

The third experience was of me and my older sister Franki; we were all sitting in the living room when we heard a baby crying and there were no babies in the house. We went to the stairs because it was coming from upstairs and when we got to the bottom of the stairs we saw an infant crawling across the threshold of Jess's room. It crawled from her room to the bathroom, looked up, turned around, and came back. When she turned, we saw a gaping bloody hole in her abdomen, staining the blue gown that she was wearing with blood.

The fourth experience was mine; I was sitting halfway out of the window smoking a cigarette (I was a bad kid) when I looked back into my room there was a man standing there with the scariest looking face I've ever seen in my life. He had a double-barrel shotgun cocked in his left arm... You know like, open and waiting to be loaded. He was wearing overalls, a white undershirt, and boots... And when he turned his head the image resonated... Like, didn't completely move with him fast enough. He just looked at me, said, "Get out of my God damn house..." and left.

I don't what the hell went on there, I've not experienced anything like it before or after and hope not too. Maybe we all just saw what our imaginations wanted us too, but personally... I couldn't hallucinate if I tried. I'm too skeptical and it halts me in spirituality but the things that happened there were strong enough for quite a few people to see.

Who knows if we even believe it ourselves but we saw what saw and heard what we heard. That's my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 12gaugeheartbeat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taintedsoul (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
Thats definatly a chilling story. Sounds like someone is possessive of his house. This Guy was probably the murderer who once lived there, still on the hunt. He'll never rest.
crazy_chica (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
If youn really are concerned in this you can always try to find out the history of the house. Its old owners and stuff like tht. It could help you understand why its still there and how to help it leave.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
If you are interested, you should try to find out hte history of your house. If you do that, maybe it will give you a clue to what happened.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
Like you said this was what you experienced, it is yours and your family's only. Only you can say for sure if what happened was real or not. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: