You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dog

 

I know this may sound unbelievable. Heck, it may even sound a bit crazy. But... I know it wasn't just a simple figment of my childish imagination. I know that I didn't just dream it up. I know, because I wasn't the only one who saw it, the ghost dog.

I was two years old when I first saw it. I know young. I still can't believe I remember this experience of mine. I remember waking up next to my mother, climbing off of the bed, and walking to the kitchen to get myself a "bubba" of chocolate milk. I was the size of a four year old, mind you, and knew how to do little things like this. I heard an eerie voice behind me, and looked up. In the vent above the cabinet on the right wall, there was a dog. I remember it being brown, with human brown eyes, and very sharp yellow teeth. "I'm going to come get you." It mocked. Almost immediately, I knew it was bad. It glared at me with such hate. I screamed and ran to my mother, telling her immediately what had happened. She comforted me, and got me to go back to sleep.

Another incident (of many) I had with this "dog" was about two weeks later. I took a short nap, and when I woke up, it was laying down next to me, on its side. Its back was turned to me. I was frightened, and shut my eyes. When I woke up once more, it was gone.

I know my story may seem unbelievable, but it's true. If you've ever had a similar experience, I'd love to hear about it. Though, there may not be another like mine. I've never heard of another like this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LunaSilverBlade, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LunaSilverBlade (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Just because I was small, doesn't mean I can't remember something like this. I was taught the days and time around that time, and often counted them for practice. I may have miscalculated the time. I did not say it was exactly two weeks later. I said "About."

The other person who had seen the dog was my older brother, of whom was ten at the time. I had forgotten to put this in there as I was typing this small experience of mine. He had seen it one time, when we were in the kitchen. That's where it usually stayed: In the kitchen or in my mother's room. I don't recall where, or when, but he confronted me about it when he overheard my mom and I talking about it.

My brother would not joke about it. He was always a serious person.

I never watched scary movies as a small child - My father would not allow it. If it was simply my imagination, where in the world would I dream this up? A two year old, dreaming up THAT? I think not.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
2 year olds do NOT have conscience of time. Not only that they would not be as calm as you claim you were the second time. I have seen ghost dogs as has my mom, My mom has been touched by spirits and even locked in a basement by one. I've been touched in the same house. The house has been investigated years ago and there are at least 2 spirits. A little boy and the man in the basement who hates my mom.
And by the way who else saw this dog spirit that said it was going to get you. Most likely you were dreaming and didn't realise it, or have a very active imagination.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
LunaSilverBlade,
Two things that throw me about your account.

1) How does a two year old know how long two weeks take?

2) You began by stating, "I know, because I wasn't the only one who saw it". So, who is this mystery witness? And why have they been excluded from your telling of this experience?

Jav 😕
oceansea (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
Interesting. Well, at least you have concrete evdence there is an afterlife.
Has the dog ever tried to hurt you?
Try putting crystals or a line of salt at the next place you see it or wear an amythst. It should help if the human/dog thing is absorbing your energy or attcking you in a physic way.
Hope that helps. I'm sorry you had to go through that as a little kid.
Azim_EazyE (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
dude don't worry! If we can be ghosts why can't dogs! Humans can be bad so can dogs 😆
reptilian (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
It's funny, you have an experience that seems so real when you're young, then when you're older you discard it believing it to simply be your imagination. Then when you finally have some wisdom and awareness (if you're one of the lucky few) you start to realise that you may have indeed experienced something.

The question is how do you verify if it was real or not? Logic would dictate that you try to find what it was you saw however this is tricky due to the fact that whatever it was is now long gone.
The way around this is to find a "tool of truth" as I call them ie a means of tapping into the knowledge of higher self / universal consciousness. Personally if I were you I'd ask a pendulum if what you saw was real or not, but there are other methods you could use. Muscle testing is one such method. Perhaps look into that line of thought. Pendulums are also very useful for finding misplaced ipods.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: