You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Spirit Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Following Me

 

My first experience with activities was when I was 15 years old. It was the beginning of winter when it happened. Doing my laundry cleaning up one Saturday, I had the music playing; everything was a normal day for me. My cousin was watching television in the bedroom; both my brother and aunt were out visiting other people.

I just started to load the washer with dark clothing when I heard the stereo's volume turn up in the living room. I dropped the clothes and walked around the corner thinking it was my imagination. I stared at the stereo for a minute while the song played, and turned to go back to load the washer. At that moment, the volume began to turn up and kept getting louder. I ran back in front of the stereo and watched it turn from volume 14 to the max, 32. I've never experienced anything like that before, so I was terrified. I ran into the bedroom where my cousin said, 'why do you have the music so loud?' I wasn't able to answer her because I couldn't talk. The creepiest part of this experience was the lyrics of the song 'Devil in you'. Those exact words were being sung when the volume turned up. I don't know what it means and why this happened... 10 years later it's still unknown.

Ever since that incident, little things began to happen; I would lie down on my bed and hear a ball bouncing underneath my bed. I thought it was my dog, so I peeked underneath; there was no ball or no puppy. Soda cans would lift off of the coffee table, lights would turn off and on, doors would move, dishes and cupboards would rattle. None of these ever gave me a fearful feeling. It began to happen so frequently that it was normal and anyone else who had a chance to see or hear it was amazed.

I have a theory that this spirit or ghost follows me everywhere I go. I moved to Anchorage, AK in 2005 and would experience things like this at my cousins or in my dorm room. In 2009 I moved out of state to Salt Lake City, Utah and the same thing would happen.

I've had feelings where I was being watched and it didn't scare me. I talk about it with my family and they say it could be the spirit of my dad and my aunt. Perhaps some insight about this might help me understand it better.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, akgirl87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

akgirl87 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Thank you everyone for your insights! Only a few times have I ever gotten scared. I saw a persons reflection in the window at my house. It was a tall, dark figure and was gone by the time I turned around. Another time, I heard footsteps coming down my hallway. I followed the noise until it stopped right by the couch where I was sitting. It's a pretty decent sized couch and I had my pillow right in the middle. The spirit sat down right by me. I was able to see the couch move.

I can't remember the name of the song but it came out long after both my dad and aunt had passed. I don't understand either, why the song blasted when those lyrics were playing.

Lately, as in the last few weeks, a lot of things have been happening. My dishwasher opened and closed itself, a step stool lifted off of the floor, a bucket flew across the floor spilling my godsons toys everywhere, there has been pounding noises in my bedroom, and just today, I took a few pictures of myself. I think I caught a glimpse of an orb. It's very bright and in each picture its in a different spot but very close to me.

I'm at a loss of what to do...

Talking about my experiences on here... Did I open up a door for them?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
Ahhh thanks for that Rook I have heard briefly of Greyfriars Cemetary, I'm going to have to look it up again. I can definitely see where your coming from, thanks for that friend, I enjoy another way to look at things! 😁

Dan
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
DARKNESS,

This may sound like I'm 'dodging the question' but I HONESTLY am not. I feel it could be either.

The difference being if it's a 'spirit' causing the 'commotion' in the household then it will 'outlast' the 'puberty' years of any adolescents in the home.

There are recorded cases that support either 'case'. In many the 'haunting' ends just after the adolescent in the home completes 'puberty' (these would be the projected surpressed psychokinetic energy events you mentioned). Then you have cases like Greyfriars Cemetery in Scotland... There resides a Poltergiest that has been 'pinching/poking/pushing' vistors for many, many years.

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
Rook I can see where you are coming from with the Poltergeist theory, what are your thoughts on what a Poltergeist is? Do you believe it is an actual spirit, or the projected surpressed psychokinetic energy of the emotional adolescant mind?😕

Dan 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
akgirl87,

It's possible that your Aunt or Father may be following you. The song on the radio... Lyrics aside... Did either your Father or Aunt like that particular song or Band? If not what about the Lyrics... Did either of them have a saying that was similar to the lyrics in that song?

It's also possible that a Poltergeist may have attached itself to you all those years ago. Nothing malevolent, just a 'noisy ghost'.

Please ask any questions you may have. Thank you for sharing this with us and keep us informed.

Respectfully,

Rook
oceansea (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
It's wierd but I doubt it is anything malicious since you have not mentioned anything particualry scary. It could be family or friends or it could be a teen or child spirit playing tricks.
Good luck! 😕
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
This is interesting. If it's your dad or aunt, don't be scared because they maybe there to protect you or guide you but that radio that turned to full volume on the 'devil in you' lyrics makes everything different. Is it hurting you in any way?
For me, it's better to get help from someone who has ability in communicating with them.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
It's possible that this spirit would follow you because it knows you have a keen sense of its presence. Not everyone has the ability to sense or see ghosts and their behaviors. On the other hand, if it's not the same spirit, it could very well be others that are simply drawn to your sensitivity. This one, or all, sound benign and it's good that you don't feel threatened. They probably just want you to know they're there. I read a story where someone was sure that their deceased mother was following them in spirit, so they lit a candle and prompted some 'yes' or 'no' questions. The candle would flicker with each 'yes' response. That could be something you could try, but don't quote me on results.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: